Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
ok, so I'm pretty sure I want to go with a 4" Performance lift... so I'll change all my questions :D

1) with the saw coilovers at full lift will it bottom the shocks out easy off road? I figure it'd be soft on and off road to a point... probably have less droop, and slower droop both of which I don't know how it'll affect the offroad abilities.. I mostly cruise over rocky terrain and majority of my offroading is to get to nice beaches... I don't offroad just for the sake of offroading usually... I went mudding once and had the truck about 2 years :lol:

2) what are the new PRG uppers like? better for alignment than TC's? and does anyone know a price point?

3) if I get a 2.5" deavor and remove the stock overload leaf does anyone know how much lift I'd get in back? and would it ride softer than the 1.5" deavor?

suppose that's all for now :D

Thanks!

·
Registered
6,182 Posts
Since you need front shocks anyway, (from another thread), consider the 2" diameter body Radflos.

The PRGproducts.com site lists the for $699 shipped, and says "These 2.0" Radflo coilover shocks provide 0-3" lift on 4WD and 1 to 4" on 2WD and greatly improve the ride of your truck".

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've seen that... I'd rather have saws... if I had $700 I'd buy the ones in the classifieds and sit on them til I got some uca's ;) thanks for the help though! do you happen to know if the saws can go higher?

·
Registered
6,182 Posts

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
wow... nice, not intrested in excessive wear on expensive parts though.

I think the highest per dollar is the CST lift? and upgrade to coilovers and deavor as money allow... I understand completely why you get so much lift for not much coin relatively, it has a crap spacer, and crap block for the rear... all you pay for is their R&D and a few pieces of 1/4" steel or whatever fabbed into spacers.. it's alright I suppose considering you just can't get both for cheap... eh... I suppose the best bang for the buck is the performance kit as it has all included with a slight lift...

as with all else, gotta pay to play... we'll see where I go, I think I'll piece it together a performance package unless I find a good deal on a lift at once :(

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
edited the 1st post with my new questions but I suppose it doesn't hurt to add it on the end also...

1) with the saw coilovers at full lift will it bottom the shocks out easy off road? I figure it'd be soft on and off road to a point... probably have less droop, and slower droop both of which I don't know how it'll affect the offroad abilities.. I mostly cruise over rocky terrain and majority of my offroading is to get to nice beaches... I don't offroad just for the sake of offroading usually... I went mudding once and had the truck about 2 years

2) what are the new PRG uppers like? better for alignment than TC's? and does anyone know a price point?

3) if I get a 2.5" deavor and remove the stock overload leaf does anyone know how much lift I'd get in back? and would it ride softer than the 1.5" deavor?

·
Registered
230 Posts
I lifted my truck for nice beaches too :) Actually I am here at Gregs at his place getting the SAW's as well as a bunch of other parts. Greg said the SAW's will give a great ride...I will find out tomorrow ( Greg had already installed my CST 7" lift last year...I am finally upgrading the coilovers )

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm referring to the saws for stock height app, with the adjustable lift set at max lift... nice though, I'm almost certain my ideal setup would be the DR front coilover hat flipped and set at 4" over stock height total lift and still use a spacer to get some preload if possible, with the PRG upper control arm so I can get more droop and a deavor for the back, even without consulting greg I've come to my own conclusion... I'd still buy DjAlex's set if I could get the cash soon enough, but probably can't so I'd settle for spending more and getting what may be best for what I'm looking for :D soft cushy ride better than stock (OR equiped/rancho shock) offroad abilities :D I'm sure either would fit, but with the amount of lift I want to use, I think the DR would work better, plus I like the black spring and arm as opposed to red...

·
Registered
3,363 Posts
I have the PRG Uppers SAW's up front, DRs in the back. It's a pretty nice ride with offroad capabilities. But it is still not a street shock with soft springs.

Not sure how DR's ride up front but I'm sure that would work as well.

It basicaly leveled the front better than the leveling kit, I'm sure you could crank it more if you wanted. Deaver Spring pack will left the rear, but it may make your ride stiffer.

·
Registered
7,246 Posts
The higher the coils are cranked up the stiffer it will ride. I believe that 3 inches is the max lift you can get out of coilover on a 4x4 without having too big of an angle on the cv's.

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
that kinda sucks... it advertises almost 4" lift from the SAWS or DRE coilovers on PRG... that's not close to 4" if it's 3" it maxes out at 3".... are you sure? I'd like to get like 4" if possible.. I don't mind getting new upper ca's but I don't see any benefit besides a nice ride on having $1000 coilovers... I can't get any lift more than my 2.5" leveling kit out of them? I'm not spending $1,000 for 1/2" more lift that's retarded... I suppose if I got a DR fliped the hat and got a VERY cushy right it'd be worth it... but even then I'd always wonder what if I just got a diesel and did things differently. :( boy, am I getting second thoughts on this :(

1 - 12 of 12 Posts