Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I didnt think I could like a vehicle more than my Jeep. I was wrong! I just cant wait to throw the jeep on the trailer and see how it performs pulling about 7000#.

This truck is ten times the vehicle my Suburban was and I liked the Suburban.

Attachments

·
Registered
100 Posts
Very nice TJ, and a nice Titan as well!

Your post finally made me decide to quit reading and start posting on here :)

I'm VERY interested to hear how you like the Titan for towing, as I have a Smoke LE Crew supposed to come in next week which I've purchased for towing my TJ as well. I'll admit I'm a bit nervous about towing that much weight around with the Titan, especially with the same rear end my TJ has :huh:, but I am well within their recommended tow rating and I'm done with owning domestic vehicles (cept for my TJ) as the reliability just isn't there. I drove the Titan once and was hooked, as I never thought a tow rig could be fun to drive as a daily driver.

Since I don't have pics of my Titan yet, I figured I'd post a couple of my TJ that will be trailered behind it.

There's a whole bunch more here too:

http://redrock4x4.com/action/pics/moab_8-03/

Please keep me posted as to how it goes.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I will let you know how it tows. I have to drag the jeep over to the Badlands off-road park in Indiana in a couple of weeks. We have a pre-run for Trailleaders for the Superlift event in April. Cant wait to see how it does.

My Titan is a 4X4 Crew Cab LE. with the big tow and off-road package, Navigation, sunroof, DVD. and anything else you could get on it.

I will let you know. I just hooked up my brake controller this morning so I am chomping at the bit to drag it around.

·
Premium Member
2,763 Posts
Redrock, are you in Arizona? I was just out in Las Vegas and spent a day in Red Rock Canyon and Bonnie Springs. Nice neighborhood out there. We are thinking of moving out there in a few years.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Nope I'm in Salt Lake, Utah actually. Red Rock 4x4 is the name of my business (http://www.redrock4x4.com) where I sell Jeep parts, and will soon be selling Titan goodies as well :). "Red Rock" is used as a reference to Moab which is about 3 hrs away and is where the Jeep pictures above were taken.

rrumaner said:
Redrock, are you in Arizona? I was just out in Las Vegas and spent a day in Red Rock Canyon and Bonnie Springs. Nice neighborhood out there. We are thinking of moving out there in a few years.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Redrock,

what kind of heavy duty steering upgrades do you have for a TJ? I currently have a currie tie rod. I just put it on last fall wheeled one time and notice it has a slight bow to it.

If you ever want to drag that Heep out to the midwest I would love to show you how we wheel here in middle of the country. I usually go over to the Badlands off road park. It has about everything you could ever want. (Rocks, mud, tight off cambers) Its just on a smaller scale than out west. :cheers:

·
Registered
100 Posts
I'm running the Currie CE-9701 on my TJ. It's a very beefy setup consisting of a 1.25" Chromolly Drag Link and Tie rod. I know they have a weaker, older tie rod setup which re-uses the stock tie rod ends, which I would have to assume you're running, as you'd be VERY hard pressed to bend their new kit.

Here's a link for pics in comparison to stock:

http://www.currieenterprises.com/heavyDutyTieRods.htm

And here's what happens to the stock drag link out west :)

My TJ:

Friend's TJ:

In the pics above you'll notice a silver steering kit on my TJ. I was running a custom 1.5" DOM crossover setup but it was more of a pain than it was worth. It was VERY strong but it took quite a bit of fab to get it to work and I kept running into issues with it so I gave up. The Currie came out after I had made my crossover setup and is more than adequate so I went to the Currie.

If you're interested in ordering one shoot me an email at [email protected]. I've also still got my 1.5" crossover DOM setup laying in my garage but it would take a bit of work to get that setup right.

Maybe my Titan will give me an excuse to drag my Heep out your way some time :). I'm itching to get out to the Rubicon, Johnson Valley, Las Cruces, Phoenix, and Farmington first but I'd definitely love to get out your way too. I've heard quite a bit about the Badlands off road park, sounds like a lot of fun!

Well it sounds like I'll be getting my Titan on Wednesday :cheers:. I'm trying to decide if I've got time to get a trailer, brake controller, Equalizer tow hitch, and get the truck broken in to tow my TJ before I go to Moab the 1st week of April or if I'll be driving the TJ again for this trip...

Jason

1 - 8 of 8 Posts