1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
561 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,446 Posts
roy365 said:
sweet......does it matter if those are 05 or 06 year? They match my truck type so it sounds all good?!?!?!?!
If you are sending it (the ECU) off to Up Rev it will not matter. Because they are going to flash it with the software according to your truck's info.:cheers:

·
Premium Member
17,446 Posts
roy365 said:
ok.....quickie please?!?!?!? Seeing that i have this spare ECU to send to Uprev, which product/service do i go with? Mail in flash or the OSIRIS which i know NOTHING about??????
If you have an extra ECU you can do the mail in. Either way you are getting the same product. Mail in multiple MAPs will run about $500. Osiris will run you $700 (this include Cipher which is a $400 deal by itself).

Exception, with Osiris you don't need to send an ECU to them. Also with Osiris you will get the Cipher data logging software which allow you to log your runs. With that info they can "fine tune" your MAP. Either way you are getting some good stuffs.

·
Banned
6,454 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
baseballfanz said:
If you have an extra ECU you can do the mail in. Either way you are getting the same product. Mail in multiple MAPs will run about $500. Osiris will run you $700 (this include Cipher which is a $400 deal by itself).

Exception, with Osiris you don't need to send an ECU to them. Also with Osiris you will get the Cipher data logging software which allow you to log your runs. With that info they can "fine tune" your MAP. Either way you are getting some good stuffs.
Hey man i am always interested when you reply.......i trust your judgement. With that been said all i want is the ECU reflash not too terribly interested in the other unless they will release new maps or more beneficial data later. it will be basically the same map either way correct? should i get multiple maps if this is a "spare" ecu????

·
Registered
222 Posts
I hope the new ecu is the same part number as the old one and set up for same factory options. Also if you use key fobs you will have to get the security codes reset by the dealer for the new ecu.

·
Banned
6,454 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
CAPTMRGN said:
I hope the new ecu is the same part number as the old one and set up for same factory options. Also if you use key fobs you will have to get the security codes reset by the dealer for the new ecu.
same options as on my truck currently.....no flex/fuel, w/o big tow, w/o LSD. should be all good i hope there.......as far as the key fob deal, will have to see when i get there. I have the dealership on speedial. LMAO

·
Premium Member
17,446 Posts
Multiple MAP is a good idea but not necessary, I have multiple MAPs but has only been using the tune MAP 99% of the time. What you can do is use the ECU you just bought to run your truck while you send the original ECU off for flashing, that way when you get it back it doesn't mess up your NATS (keyless).

·
Banned
6,454 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I have the Unichip PNP hooked to mine now. The dealer said i may run into an ignition situation? Will it lock me out if install a new ECU? I am aware of the key issue......no biggie. But i cant be locked out. So should i unhook what i have now and see if it will work or wait till i get to the dealership? Hope this doesnt turn into a bad deal.

·
Banned
6,454 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Who can tell me if i have made a large mistake here? I tried to email Uprev but they havent responded. Thats the thing i hate about companies who dont want people calling! Concern is if i switch ECU's will it be compatible besides the key fob? :eeeek:

·
Premium Member
17,446 Posts
roy365 said:
Who can tell me if i have made a large mistake here? I tried to email Uprev but they havent responded. Thats the thing i hate about companies who dont want people calling! Concern is if i switch ECU's will it be compatible besides the key fob? :eeeek:
Call them, those guys always on the dyno machine and not on the computer.:D
Chung 512-415-9974
Jared 512-293-4156

1 - 20 of 20 Posts