Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i am thinking about painting them black. i have a smoke colored truck and wanting to do something cheap until i get new rims. what do you guys think, is this gay or cool?

·
Registered
6,373 Posts
There is a line of spray paint formulated for rims. It is readily available at auto parts stores like Pep Boys/Auto Zone/etc. I used the Clear with good results and have seen the Black done very well too. I believe Duplicolor makes the Paint, and it comes in full size cans.

·
Registered
5,748 Posts
It would look cool. Have you given any thought to gunmetal? It's close to the OEM smoke color, just a little darker. Duplicolor makes specific wheel paint and clear that comes out awsome as long as you follow directions.

ps. wet sanding works best for roughing up the surface.

·
Registered
133 Posts
someone on here done it with the 5 spoke rims and has a real good write up on it. looks sweet, but i don't know how it would look on XE rims. if you do it post pics so i can make up my mind if i want to do it.

·
Registered
5,748 Posts
Here's the gunmetal on my sentra wheels:

·
Registered
2,408 Posts
Yellomantis said:
Here's the gunmetal on my sentra wheels:
Looks good! Did you spraypaint those or are you just showing the color? Thinking of spraypainting the extra set of wheels i have hoping maybe then they will sell faster.

·
Registered
5,748 Posts
spoonman said:
Looks good! Did you spraypaint those or are you just showing the color? Thinking of spraypainting the extra set of wheels i have hoping maybe then they will sell faster.
I used the duplicolor wheel paint (3 coats) and 2 coats of wheel clear coat. If you follow the directions, you will be fine.

·
Premium Member
141,094 Posts
titanswfl said:
i am thinking about painting them black. i have a smoke colored truck and wanting to do something cheap until i get new rims. what do you guys think, is this gay or cool?
Git 'er done.
I happen to think it's a great idea.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts