Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Saw this in cneary812's signature.

He doesn't have it yet, but I hadn't heard of them before, just thought I'd share another option that we now have.

Would like to see dyno results, my understanding is that our engines like the stock Y pipe, correct? I see this system eliminates it.

http://www.warpspeedperformance.com/nissan_armada_nissan_titan.htm

 

·
Registered
Joined
·
261 Posts
I looked at these on ebay also and would like any feedback. can anyone compare these to banks etc?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
92,554 Posts
They eliminate the "wye" pipe, it's true, but it appears to emulate the '07 & '08 exhaust route with the dual in to the muffler. Along with some intake porting, this netted the 5.6 an additional 12 hp from the factory. This setup could have possibilities....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,859 Posts
Looking in the window at that picture, I could just add a dual in/out muffler and a second tail out for me to get the 12ponies. NICE
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,586 Posts
duel out is a no-no if your after power. You will loose a big chunk of tq in exchange for topend you cant use-(speedo & aerodynamics)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
669 Posts
As far as I know, the geometry of the heads was not changed at all. Although there were camshaft changes along with nissans adaptation of thier hydraulic valve timing adjustments(VVT). As others hav said, I would pass over this particular setup in favor of something that has proven its performance. For example, the Banks has proven to increase horsepower on the dyno, however it has been shown to negate performance.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,419 Posts
A Borla exhaust really looks the same, nobody is saying anything about loss of low end there that I know of, does the borla or any dual in lose that low end torque? I have had my eyes on this one at ebay also, seems as if some of the other same designs out there are the same, but the price is far better, a Borla will cost you at least twice that. Okay it isn't 304 stainless either but that diff in price isn't worth it IMO.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
261 Posts
in an email from the company they are talking about a 4 " version. I also asked about low end power loss. Would ther be a low end power loss with 2.5" pipes or only with 4"? I may try it and report here.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
75,083 Posts
Jason,

there was a pretty good thread on here not too long ago about a guy with true dual exhausts. there was a lot of information about "back pressure" low end torque, and other aspects of exhuast that are over my head at the moment...

squeezing ponies sure gets complicated!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,586 Posts
hitecredneck said:
in an email from the company they are talking about a 4 " version. I also asked about low end power loss. Would ther be a low end power loss with 2.5" pipes or only with 4"? I may try it and report here.
4" is just stupid. way tooo big. even 1000hp trucks dont run 4". thats a diesel thing thats poular now and most of the trucks u see with 4-5" do NOT need it. Its more to keep the exhaust temps down on highly boosted diesels. And remember if the Y pipe is 3" or bigger they didnt do thier homework they went with the fad
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,660 Posts
Ok since my ears were burning I thought I would chime in. Warpspeed performance WSP is really big with MAXIMAS and I had one of thier setups on my old maxima. I was very pleased with it. They are a speed shop in Arkansas and do good work. I am waiting for the single exhaust to be finalized they had it up and then took it down.

Talk to Dallas if you are at all skeptical or go over and ask some of the guys at maxima dot org. Dallas is the tech who does all their installs/kits. And as my sig says this summer I will have one. I have another kid on the way so I can't really be spending money foolishly atm.:cheers:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
669 Posts
Enjoy the loss of low end and the associated degredation of your fuel economy.

Maybe YOU can call 'Dallas' and tell him that this truck is not a Maxima and needs to capitalize on the lower spectrum of the power band by scavenging the exhaust gasses as efficiently as possible. A 4" single exhaust is not a good start.

BTW, poster Markislive had equal length 2.5" true dual exhaust with x-pipe and he quantified a significant loss in performance. Toomnymods dynoed over a 10 horse gain when switching from the Bank's 3" Y-pipe to the JBA 2.25"-3" y pipe.

Another option is to splice in a large body magnaflow into the stock pipes. This will give you proven gains without breaking your wallet.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,660 Posts
sc186 said:
Enjoy the loss of low end and the associated degredation of your fuel economy.

Maybe YOU can call 'Dallas' and tell him that this truck is not a Maxima and needs to capitalize on the lower spectrum of the power band by scavenging the exhaust gasses as efficiently as possible. A 4" single exhaust is not a good start.

BTW, poster Markislive had equal length 2.5" true dual exhaust with x-pipe and he quantified a significant loss in performance. Toomnymods dynoed over a 10 horse gain when switching from the Bank's 3" Y-pipe to the JBA 2.25"-3" y pipe.

Another option is to splice in a large body magnaflow into the stock pipes. This will give you proven gains without breaking your wallet.

I will give Dallas a call. When I emailed him about this a few months ago he said they had been putting them on titans for a while and just decided to start making them production. Many companies sell successfully on Ebay.

If you all noticed I put this plug in my sig I didn't make the post. There may be some members in this site that have thier system on right now but I don't know.

I also see that alot of the post above as with almost every thread in this site that have alot of speculation in them (im guilty as well in some)

If some of you actually took the time to look at the link they use 2.5 for the wye side and 2.5 on dual or 4 on single. I too was a little shocked that they choose 4 for single, but I will try to find out more.

They do more than maximas and I agree this truck is NOTHING like a maxima.

by the way no wories

also if there are any members that live near Rogers AK check them out for yourself if you have not done so already.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,419 Posts
Both the single and dual kits use 2.5 before the muffler, they are indeed dual pipes to the muffler with no Y. I really don't know what the 4" out of the muffler is for really,on the single side exit, but doesn't Banks have a large muffler exit as well? I emailed them once and they said it had deeper tone than the flowmasters, but not as loud. Seems as if this is comparable to alot of systems out there so I just can't see that it would kill you any more than they would, especially being the price is considerably lower than the flowmasters and others, and stainless to boot. Wish I had a way to dyno mine prior to adding all the stuff I have sitting here to go on it, a little loss in the low end won't kill me anyhow, hopefully make up for it with the other stuff. It will give me a better exhaust note with hopefully some better mileage with the other items to go on, I don't tow alot and most of my miles are highway anyhow which means I won't see the loss of the low end there. Other items to go on are S&B CAI, AirRaid TBS, 2 degree advance, maybe even ECO 3 to help the mileage too down the road.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,660 Posts
Sftail1990 said:
Both the single and dual kits use 2.5 before the muffler, they are indeed dual pipes to the muffler with no Y. I really don't know what the 4" out of the muffler is for really,on the single side exit, but doesn't Banks have a large muffler exit as well? I emailed them once and they said it had deeper tone than the flowmasters, but not as loud. Seems as if this is comparable to alot of systems out there so I just can't see that it would kill you any more than they would, especially being the price is considerably lower than the flowmasters and others, and stainless to boot.

thank you :cheers:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,660 Posts
Just shot an email off to Dallas, hope to hear back from him soon...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,660 Posts
got this back from Dallas yesterday...

I just installed our first 4" production kit yesterday, it is quieter than the duals. No discernable difference so far as far as more or less difference in power you can feel, we are going to do some towing this weekend and possibly dyno it in a couple of weeks. I like the sound of the duals better personally, one of our demo dual kits is going to a member this week.

regards
Dallas



I will check back with him next week to see how it went. I referenced TT in the email and he put in the part that is bolded so if you are that member please chime up.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
261 Posts
I just had the demo kit installed on my truck. first impressions. good sound. drone at 1800. good construction.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,660 Posts
hitecredneck said:
I just had the demo kit installed on my truck. first impressions. good sound. drone at 1800. good construction.

cool, did you get the dual or single kit? Do you feel any low end loss?
 
1 - 20 of 30 Posts
Top