Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those of you who have Lifted vehicles, how much more is your insurance on your truck? Was it harder getting insurance on your lifted truck? What about the aftermarket warranty? Can it void the warranty if you lift your truck?

Just wanting to know what I am getting into here.

Thx :hi:

·
Registered
457 Posts
I didn't know a lift would make it harder for insurace. I don't think it matters on my insurance. You can get additional coverage for things like this I thought.

The only thing the lift should void is parts that you replace or that are directly related to the parts you replaced. So if you have a problem related to something other than suspension and it isn't caused because of the suspension there is no reason they should not cover it.

·
Registered
9,557 Posts
billaj said:
For those of you who have Lifted vehicles, how much more is your insurance on your truck? Was it harder getting insurance on your lifted truck? What about the aftermarket warranty? Can it void the warranty if you lift your truck?

Just wanting to know what I am getting into here.

Thx :hi:
Unless you offer such info to your insurance company, I don't think it matters...unless you tell them you have aftermarket stuff you want to insure. Even if they have to inspect the vehicles in your state, it shouldn't make a difference in insurance rates.
As for voiding your warranty, suspension, axles, brakes, transfer case have all been denied warranty at one time or another because of an aftermarket lift. They can do what they want but....most don't bother unless it's something damaged directly by the modification(s).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts