Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all - new to the forum, I'm a long time Nissan fan, had a Hardbody XE and currently have a 2000 XTerra. Probably buying a Titan in the next 2 weeks (hopefully an LE 4x4 Smoke w/Big Tow and Off Road) and was wondering if folks are purchasing upgraded warranties?

Thanks for the info.

·
Premium Member
2,369 Posts
A few have so far...do a search on warranty using the search box above...there was a thread about 2 weeks ago.

Personally, we haven't yet, but will be buying one for it.

Lastly, welcome to the board and ask on!

Chris

·
Registered
530 Posts
I got five full years of the "Gold Preferred" extended warranty. Too much money, but I wanted to hedge my bets with a new model.

That said, my friend has a first-year Hardbody with 300,000-plus on it and he commutes in Atlanta with it every day.

·
Registered
66 Posts
speed said:
Hey all - new to the forum, I'm a long time Nissan fan, had a Hardbody XE and currently have a 2000 XTerra. Probably buying a Titan in the next 2 weeks (hopefully an LE 4x4 Smoke w/Big Tow and Off Road) and was wondering if folks are purchasing upgraded warranties?

Thanks for the info.
I purchased the 5yr / 75,000 mile Gold Preferred extended warranty. Normally I never purchase extended anythings, but I got it for $820, which I thought was too good to pass up.

-Greg

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
Farmer Fred said:
I got five full years of the "Gold Preferred" extended warranty. Too much money, but I wanted to hedge my bets with a new model.

That said, my friend has a first-year Hardbody with 300,000-plus on it and he commutes in Atlanta with it every day.
hey farmer i live in gatlinburg, tn what part of k town do you live and what titan model do you have. thanks, john

·
Registered
359 Posts
I got the six year Gold...always believe in getting the extended warranty although I usually don't keep a vehicle long enough to use it...my '01 Frontier that I traded in on the Titan had been out of the three year part of the original warranty three days when I traded it in-had 32,000 miles on it. I had the same six year Gold on it, but had Nissan not come out with Titan, I probably would have kept it several more years...

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'll most likley go with the Gold, I put on a lot of miles (long ways between stuff out here on the prarie). My X has been outstanding. Only 1 warranty related issue since I bought it. Buddy of mine and I were fly fishing in WY, and he was going to move the truck downstream to where I was fishing. Anyway, when he gets to where I am, he (die hard bow tie guy), grabs the wiper control lever (XTerrras with Autos are floor shifters), thinking it was the auto shift lever, and puts it in park. Needless to say it comes off in his hand! Dealer replaced without questions.

General pricing on the Gold warranty? Somewhere between $800 and $1200? Thanks for all the help.

·
Premium Member
2,763 Posts
6 year / 100K mile Gold Preferred here. I was not sure what to make of a first year model and didn't want to take any chances.

·
Registered
530 Posts
hey farmer i live in gatlinburg, tn what part of k town do you live and what titan model do you have. thanks, john
I am downtown. I bought a relatively stripped white XE KingCab to haul motorcycles. I dealt with the dealer in Morristown, because nobody in Knoxville had any 2WD XEs.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Huh?

What is with all the variations, we bought the gold prefered and its 7/70,000 I believe. I dont have the info in front of me but Im 99% sure thats what it is.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts