Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How will a lift affect your warranty? what parts of the warranty will it void? dealer has told me different things each time i've asked and thought you guys might have a better idea. let me know. -Jeff

·
Registered
6,004 Posts
I honestly have not read about alot of issues on here where the svc. dept. has given anyone an unnecessary amount of flack about their lift kit.

·
Registered
50 Posts
The basic rule of thumb as is with ANY mod you do to your truck is that the service department has to prove that your mod had something to do with the problem you had. So if you install the mini lift, and the rear differential goes out (not that that would happen in any case, it's just an example), they have to prove that it was the mini lift that caused the problem to exempt coverage of the rear diff from your warranty coverage. If you are super worried about it being covered and not altering your warranty, have the nissan dealership near you do it for you, that way they can't claim anything of the sort with your warranty coverage. Although personally I think it would be a waste of money to have them install it for you, since its so easy. But if you are really worried about the warranty issues....better safe than sorry

1 - 6 of 6 Posts