Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wow.

I called my dealer today to see what it would cost to put a lift and level out truck today , he told me it could void warranty. Well thats stupid because they sell trucks that are lifted new. I looked at two when i bought mine, just didnt like color or options they had. I mean **** i would even pay higher to go through dealer not to loose warranty. WTH

·
Registered
99 Posts
Yea many here have reported that most nissan dealers will use anything they can to deny a warranty claim including lifts.

So if you don't mind fighting to keep the warranty and have other dealers nearby to take to; then go for it.

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
Are you looking for a lift kit or a leveling kit? If it's just a leveling kit, I don't think they can deny your warranty coverage.

·
Premium Member
4,162 Posts
You need to find a dealer that's mod friendly. Its all up to the service dept really, if a nissan rep gets involved for some reason chances are they will deny a claim if it related to the part that has been taken out of factory specs. They can not and wont deny the whole entire warranty just because You put a lift kit on but they could void the suspension & possibility the whole powertrain warranty. Don't pay a dealer to put a lift on because it doesn't matter who puts it on in the end. My dealer has a tire shop put the lifts on there trucks but they are mod friendly to any lifted truck. But I could take my truck to a different dealer 4 miles away and they wouldn't work on my truck because its been moded. If you want a lift then put on on.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts