Nissan Titan Forum banner

Warrenty on carpet?

866 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  raven_gts 
#1 ·
I've seen many of you had the a/c leak in the interior. I talked to the service department and they are going to fix the leak in mine, but I forgot to ask if they will cover my molded carpet. I tried everything to get the smell out. It's a 2005 and I just got it a couple months ago. Is that covered if I want them to replace it?

#2 ·
I had the exact same issue with my A/C on my '05. They repaired the A/C under warranty, I asked about the carpet and they said it should be ok as there is a thick rubber insulation below the carpet and a majority of the water more than likely was ending up there. I convinced them to have the whole interior of the vehicle steam cleaned anyway. They did all the seats, all the carpet, and washed the truck inside and out. A/C has worked great since and I have not noticed any foul smells from mold or mildew since then either, not have I seen any signs of mold or mildew on the carpet ( passenger side where it was leaking). Maybe you can get your dealership to do the same for you. I know that I have been very happy with the service my dealership has given me. Good Luck...

:rolleyes:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.