Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is factory sunroof an available option on an '06 SE Kingcab? I'm looking at one to buy that has a sunroof, and the seller is unsure whether it's a factory one or aftermarket. Anyone know? It also has leather and heated seats, but he says it's an SE, not an LE. Are these factory options on the SE? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
43 Posts
YEs it was a factory option

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
OK, thanks. So I can compare this one with the factory sunroof, where is the switch on the factory one?

·
Premium Member
43 Posts
Not sure I opted not to get when I got my truck. On the Pathfinder My wife had it was up near the sunroof.

·
Premium Member
58,392 Posts
It was available but required side air bags and stability control to be added also.

·
Premium Member
15,664 Posts
My 06 crew cab has a sunroof factory. the switches are up on the overhead console by the compass and homelink. there is one to pop it up and another switch to open it.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well, I looked at that Titan yesterday, and the sunroof was an aftermarket one, I think it was Webasto (sp?) brand, and the thing made a huge roaring noise on the highway. I mean, it was LOUD, like the window was partly open. When I looked at it from the outside, the sunroof was about 1/16" above the roofline. Can the sunroof be adjusted? I didn't buy the truck based on that noise, but if it's an easy fix, I'd reconsider. Anyone know?

·
Registered
6,345 Posts
Well, I looked at that Titan yesterday, and the sunroof was an aftermarket one, I think it was Webasto (sp?) brand, and the thing made a huge roaring noise on the highway. I mean, it was LOUD, like the window was partly open. When I looked at it from the outside, the sunroof was about 1/16" above the roofline. Can the sunroof be adjusted? I didn't buy the truck based on that noise, but if it's an easy fix, I'd reconsider. Anyone know?
The way that aftermarket unit sits it probably can't be easily adjusted...basically aftermarket sunroof units require the roof to be cut out, then the sunroof unit frame overlaps the top and bottom of the roof and headboard... You could always see if a sunroof deflector (similar to hood deflector and window visors) will help to deflect the airflow and reduce the wind noise???

·
Registered
9,557 Posts
Is factory sunroof an available option on an '06 SE Kingcab? I'm looking at one to buy that has a sunroof, and the seller is unsure whether it's a factory one or aftermarket. Anyone know? It also has leather and heated seats, but he says it's an SE, not an LE. Are these factory options on the SE? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
Leather wasn't an option on anything other than the PRO-4X...and they didn't come around til 2008. Only the LE had the factory leather prior to 08.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts