Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here are the results of this mornings work on the outside of the Titan...

I have cut the time down to 3 hours doing all this.

Step one...wash truck very well and clean engine bay.

Before drying truck, use your clay bar lubricant and clay bar each panel. After you finish a panel rinse it off well. Frequently feel the clay bar to make sure there isnt any debris on it. If so, remove debris and reshape clay bar.

After your done using clay bar, dry the truck off. (you do dry all your jambs also DONT YOU??) I do. Every wash.

I love Mequiars products. So, I use Mequiars car wash, Cleaner Wax and NXT polish. My clay bar is a MOthers Clay bar kit w/lubricant. ( I cant find Mequiars here locally)

After truck is dry apply cleaner wax with 10" orbital with microfiber bonnets. Then use a clean microfiber bonnet and remove the cleaner wax.

Next, apply NXT polish by hand and remove with microfiber towel.

I like to apply the polish by hand to make sure I get every thing polished.

Here are the results....let me know what ya'll think. Maybe the way I do it may help someone else clean there T!!!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
72,313 Posts
Nice work! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
37 Posts
Looks great!

·
Registered
190 Posts
Wow nice shine. I wish I had a dark Titan. The dark colors really look nice after a wash and wax.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the comments...:)

Even your silvers, reds, and whites....the shine may not be as obvious, but you can get a great shine also..

Here is the engine compartment. I just clean it. I dont like to dress the engine compartment and make everything shinny. Dirt tends to clean to much if you make things shinny.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
72,313 Posts
Clay works good on red...

·
Premium Member
72,313 Posts
Yes I do!!! :)

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Clay works good on red...

Sweet!! I agree.. Any color can have a great shine.

Alot of people think clay bar a vehicle is a waist of time. If you clay bar a vehicle, the shine and everything is so much better and the surface feels so silky smooth!!!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts