Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats the best:

Drying towel / chamois-
Wax-
Polish-
Soap-

I am mostly looking for the best chamois/drying towel but figured i would get some feedback on other washing and cleaning supplies!

·
Premium Member
...08 Pro4X...
70,468 Posts
Use your leaf blower to dry. No touch man!!!! :)

·
Registered
179 Posts
I bought a big microfiber towel at autozone that has a corner that is hard to get in cracks and creases and I like it a lot. It is a big towel like 4x3 feet and is yellow. I was 8$ and worth every penny. As far as polish goes I use Duragloss Aquawax after every wash and it leaves a shiny wet look to the paint. Just wash it at a car wash and use the microfiber towel to apply the Aquawax and to dry it. Thats what I do at least !!

·
Registered
17,713 Posts
I bought a big microfiber towel at autozone that has a corner that is hard to get in cracks and creases and I like it a lot. It is a big towel like 4x3 feet and is yellow. I was 8$ and worth every penny. As far as polish goes I use Duragloss Aquawax after every wash and it leaves a shiny wet look to the paint. Just wash it at a car wash and use the microfiber towel to apply the Aquawax and to dry it. Thats what I do at least !!
Personally, I will never go through a car wash... Too many bad experiences.

For soap I use Megiars gold, zymol wax and towels are kind of a toss up. I know this might sound kinda nasty, but cloth diapers work GREAT. Super absorbant and soft.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Personally, I will never go through a car wash... Too many bad experiences.

For soap I use Megiars gold, zymol wax and towels are kind of a toss up. I know this might sound kinda nasty, but cloth diapers work GREAT. Super absorbant and soft.
I dont mean a drive through car wash, I meant going to the self serve car wash and doing a quick soap, rinse, spot free. I also will never go to the drive through washes I hate them... After the car wash I go straight home and when the truck is still a little wet I dry/aquawax in the same process. Works good for me.

·
Registered
17,713 Posts
I dont mean a drive through car wash, I meant going to the self serve car wash and doing a quick soap, rinse, spot free. I also will never go to the drive through washes I hate them... After the car wash I go straight home and when the truck is still a little wet I dry/aquawax in the same process. Works good for me.
That makes more sense haha. Make sure you check those brushes though. My old man went though one, and the brush scratched the hell out of his truck. They're definitely a good place to clean after some good muddin' :D

·
Registered
367 Posts
I use meguiars gold class soap, wash with a brush, dry with a water blade, blow dry with a leaf blower, then dry whatever is left with a microfiber from target. Right now i'm using turtle wax ice. I like how you can put it on everything & you dont have wax stuck in the crevices or white marks on the plastic. It doesnt last very long but it goes on fast since you dont have to be so careful applying it.

I hear the waffle weave microfibers are the way to go for drying but i've yet to splurge on one.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts