Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I searched around a bit and it looks like the radiator cap gaskets spring leaks. I assume that is the problem here:

Next up, (I bought it used last July with 8k miles on it) during the monsoons water got in the headlights like this:

Well, a few days later it dried up.
This time however, it has been in there close to two months.
I keep hoping it will evaporate, but it has been over 100degrees the last couple days and it's still there. I don't think it is going away.

I was going to try to figure out how to pop it off and dry it out, then put it back on and seal it up with some black RTV silicon. Looks complicated to get off.
Is this stuff covered under warranty? I got this truck because I was sick of some of the engineering crap my ford had (Sealed wheel bearings on my ranger that were supposed to be indestructible wore out easily and were very expensive to replace) but the little simple things like this failing lead me to believe I didn't really upgrade out of that.

Also, it seems that most of the fluids out of my engine slowly drain. I don't know where they go, there is never a puddle or even drips anywhere I park. But I have had to fill the power steering pump back up twice. Now it is time to do it again along with the brake fluid.

Anyone else run across this?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
if you have warranty, which i think you should still be under, dont even bother doing it yourself just take it to the dealer and see what they can do about both of your problems.

·
Premium Member
17,446 Posts

·
Registered
6,823 Posts
Theres is a TSB out for the headlight assembly, and they should give you a new radiator cap, both should cost you nothing. Power steering and brake fluid disappearing? That soumds like a couple of leaks somewhere.

·
Registered
39 Posts
EseLoco918 said:
Thanks for the info.

Is there a heavier duty upgrade for the cap? I don't want this thing failing again when I need it.
Same query.

BTW, so far I didn’t experienced water in my Nissan Headlight. I don’t want that to happen. So, could anyone give me some points to prevent such thing? :confused:

·
Registered
805 Posts
oh well, i guess its my turn now... :(
as soon as we had hi humidity and hot temps along w a couple of thunderstorms, all of a sudden my drivers side headlight assembly looks like it got spraypainted!.....about 1/2 of it is covered w moisture on the inside.
so i called the dealer and will see em Tuesday morn....i better not get any crap from em, this should be covered under warranty and they may as well replaced the other side too!
a $30,000 truck shouldnt have this problem.... ;(

·
Registered
34 Posts
I bought my '05 new and the driver side headlight got moisture in it during the first rain. The dealer replaced with a smile:clap:

·
Registered
805 Posts
went to the dealer today, and he said they had one in stock....but it would take less than 2 hours of work. so, i decided to wait and had them replace the headlight, all under warranty of course!... :)

....... happy Titan owner again.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts