Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a water leak on my 2013 CC, first noticed the other day when I was vacuuming my truck, I felt under the driver floor mat and it was wet. I pulled up the carpet and all the padding had soaked up all the water. I began to trace my leak back to the back corner of my rear door. The seals are all good and the door drains are clear, draining just fine when I put the water hose to the door and window seals. I did notice that the vapor barrier behind my door panel was not stuck down, looks like it has been like that since new since the butyl seal was not deformed at all. I resealed that up and dried the truck out thinking that I was good, but I am still having a leak. Today, I pulled off the A pillar trim to see if there was a leak through there, but it is dry as a bone. I am not sure what else to check, possibly the roof gutters?

·
Registered
3,492 Posts
Take a look at your third brake light.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's where I was thinking about heading to next just from reading on the site. Wouldn't that leave stains on the headliner though?

·
Registered
3,492 Posts
Didn't in my case.

·
Registered
2020 Titan Pro-4X 2006 Titan SE (sold) Chevy SS Sedan
442 Posts
Might want to do a site search as I think a few people have already reported soaked floorboards because of a missing wield near the front driver's side wheel well.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Might want to do a site search as I think a few people have already reported soaked floorboards because of a missing wield near the front driver's side wheel well.
I have heard of that, but the floor isn't wet on that area

·
Registered
3,492 Posts
In mine, it flowed down there and about 8" over toward the center of the truck.

·
Registered
73 Posts
In mine, it flowed down there and about 8" over toward the center of the truck.
Think it has to do how the truck is parked, so water was running down the rear window and passenger corner of the cab because my driveway slopes upward toward the garage. If where the truck is parked is flat or parked where the bed is higher, that 3rd brake light leak could go anywhere inside.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I am pretty sure that is my problem. I pulled off the rear carpet panel thing and found some water spots like it has flowed down from the rear glass, and I have also removed the third brake light to change a bulb not too long ago, never noticed any leaks before that. What did you do to reseal it? I was thinking about getting a small roll of WindoWeld and sealing it that way, but I think it might be too thick

·
Registered
3,492 Posts
My issue was the light coming partly loose after being cross threaded on one side at the factory, so my solution was to simply replace the light with an aftermarket replacement. Works fine, but has some condensation inside. No leaks into the cab, though.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
My issue was the light coming partly loose after being cross threaded on one side at the factory, so my solution was to simply replace the light with an aftermarket replacement. Works fine, but has some condensation inside. No leaks into the cab, though.
Nice... I was thinking about maybe getting an aftermarket one that is similar to the 2nd Gen trucks. They look pretty nice

·
Registered
3,492 Posts
My guess is, a replacement gasket is what you really need. Just be sure your new light comes with that and you're all set.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
My guess is, a replacement gasket is what you really need. Just be sure your new light comes with that and you're all set.
I agree, I tried finding just the OEM gasket, but it looks like its part of the assembly which is $125, probably gonna look aftermarket

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Update, found the leak today. Rear glass is leaking from the driver's corner under the headliner

·
Registered
3,492 Posts
Glad you found it. Hope it's not a difficult fix.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Update, found the leak today. Rear glass is leaking from the driver's corner under the headliner
That's where I first noticed the water running down, driver's side rear window, from under the head liner. Saw water marks on the black frame above the glass, and streak marks on the glass. It was the 3rd brake light seal. That was in the sun for 7-8 years cooking (not garage kept) as our driveway is facing south, and it failed. Dealership replaced it for me. Don't recall the cost but I recall feeling like that price was way fair.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
That's where I first noticed the water running down, driver's side rear window, from under the head liner. Saw water marks on the black frame above the glass, and streak marks on the glass. It was the 3rd brake light seal. That was in the sun for 7-8 years cooking (not garage kept) as our driveway is facing south, and it failed. Dealership replaced it for me. Don't recall the cost but I recall feeling like that price was way fair.
I sealed up the area where I found water dripping at the top of the glass just in case the window is leaking, but I am planning to seal up that third brake light for sure. Found a seal on amazon for like $10

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Update, still notice water under drivers floorboard, am betting on it being that third brake light, if not I have no clue what to look for

1 - 20 of 22 Posts