Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So about three weeks ago I had the recall/tsb for the ac completed. They replaced some parts and wiring ect.... Now on Friday afternoon I am driving home. The windows were down. With a nice breeze coming through the cab. All of the sudden coming from the floor board a bag flys through the cab and gets me wet. At the next light I look for a water bottle or something containing liquid and find nothing. I pull over and reach down to look under the seat and my hand gets completly soaked I mean dripping wet.. So I look around and from under the dash there is water just coming out at a steady pace. I immeditaly call the dealer. I drive it down there and they say they cant look at it till Tuesday. With the carpet being that soaked should I require them to replace the carpet in the truck? Also I think a loaner car is due as well.

·
Premium Member
4,729 Posts
The carpet will most likely grow mold under there and smell as well. I wouldn't ask for new carpet, I'd DEMAND new carpet. My Mustang GT had a leak and Ford replaced the rug without question.

Clint

·
Premium Member
9,417 Posts
Vegas_Titan said:
So about three weeks ago I had the recall/tsb for the ac completed. They replaced some parts and wiring ect.... Now on Friday afternoon I am driving home. The windows were down. With a nice breeze coming through the cab. All of the sudden coming from the floor board a bag flys through the cab and gets me wet. At the next light I look for a water bottle or something containing liquid and find nothing. I pull over and reach down to look under the seat and my hand gets completly soaked I mean dripping wet.. So I look around and from under the dash there is water just coming out at a steady pace. I immeditaly call the dealer. I drive it down there and they say they cant look at it till Tuesday. With the carpet being that soaked should I require them to replace the carpet in the truck? Also I think a loaner car is due as well.
Get some baking powder to absorb the moisture. Vaccum it up.
Get a pipe elbow joint and take out the a/c drain hose, slide the elbow over it and your done.

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
I would suspect they will replace the rug without question, considering the fiasco they went through a few years back with flooding like what you describe. If they just did work on the A/C then I'd have demanded they take it back to fix it instead of saying it had to wait until Tuesday.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts