Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As many threads as there are about this topic, you think they're would be a sticky, or a definitive water leak thread. Something that compiles all the good info into one place.

Ok,

So i have water in my drivers side floor board only.
From what i can find, its probably coming from the back window?

I turned my AC on high and water was pouring out of the passenger firewall, so I assume that its not that.

My truck has 58k, so no warranty. The dealer told me today that TSB's arn't free unless under warranty. Which is weird to me.

So my questions are this.

1. How can I stop the leak? Can i throw some silicone at it or some other sealant? OR do I have to have the rear window replaced etc?
This is assuming I have to do it... not the dealer.

2. How do I dry out my carpet and carpet mat? What do I do to stop any mold?

I understand how to find the leak I think. Tear out the interior... spray with water. Look for ingress.

Sorry for making another post... but I really couldn't find answers using search.

Thanks everyone. I've had my truck for a week tomorrow, so this is fairly un-nerving.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Being here in Texas what I would do AFTER fixing the leak is...

--Break out the shop vac and get as much up as ya can
--Park the truck in a manner where the sun is beating down on the driver's side
--Lift the carpet/pad as much as possible
--Blow under there with a hair dryer for a 20 minutes or so
--Bring up a folding chair, crack open a beer and let mother nature do her things (Of course, this weekend is cloudy/rainy)
--Park truck for the night
--Hit it again with the hair dryer until you feel good about
--Let it air out overnight (maybe with a fan on it?)
--Check in the morning and put it back together.

Clear silicon is my best friend too. Have not used it on my Titan yet, but I think there is probably 20 tubes on my house. :)

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks ceyko!

Ok guys i'm in a bit of a situation. Today is the last day before it rains for like a week straight.

Does anyone have a quick fix for the rear window leak????

·
Premium Member
15,591 Posts
you need to find where it is leaking, and seal it up. is it the slider or the seal on the main glass? my neighbors Colorado is leaking at the seams on the roof. just a thought..

when i fixed my AC leak. i pulled the carpet back and propped it up with stuff (a soda bottle, paint mixer etc) so the air would blow under it. ran an extension cord out to the truck and put a fan in there blowing on it. if its sunny and hot out leave the windows down and let it air out.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I still say there needs to be a "Defintive Water Ingress Thread" but until I get motivated enough to do that...........

I found my problem. I pealed up the carpet on the entire drivers side. I expected to find signs of water coming from the rear window, but as I pulled everything up it was apparent that my problem was isolated to the front of the truck.

I did the water hose trick, sure enough... one of those stupid plastic knock out plugs...

REALLY NISSAN? PLASTIC???? Thats your big plan?

UGH!

Anyhow, pulled it up, hit it with liquid nails and re-stuck it. Then sealed the entire edge with Silcone. Its gonna rain all week so I'll know quickly if that fixes my issue or not.

BTW, if you built cars, would YOU put a drain/ knock out plug at the highest point in the floor board or the lowest???? This one was a the highest... SO IRRITATING!

·
Registered
140 Posts
Hi I have the same problem and I saw water leaking from my dome light. Could u please tell me where the “plastic knock out plugs” is you mentioned above. Thank you

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi I have the same problem and I saw water leaking from my dome light. Could u please tell me where the “plastic knock out plugs” is you mentioned above. Thank you
If you look under the truck, right below the drivers floorboard, outside the frame, you'll see the one I was having problems with.

There is another one close by, but its directly over the frame. I've read that there is a 3rd, but I didn't see it. I imagine someone has posted a pic of this on here somewhere.

So your dome light huh?

Jezz....

·
Registered
140 Posts
I am not sure how water would come out of the dome light only thing I could think of is that the seal around the front window. Every time it rains the truck smells like a wet sock I will check the bottom first and try to take the headlinear down. Thanks for ur help

·
Registered
42 Posts
I still say there needs to be a "Defintive Water Ingress Thread" but until I get motivated enough to do that...........

I found my problem. I pealed up the carpet on the entire drivers side. I expected to find signs of water coming from the rear window, but as I pulled everything up it was apparent that my problem was isolated to the front of the truck.

I did the water hose trick, sure enough... one of those stupid plastic knock out plugs...

REALLY NISSAN? PLASTIC???? Thats your big plan?

UGH!

Anyhow, pulled it up, hit it with liquid nails and re-stuck it. Then sealed the entire edge with Silcone. Its gonna rain all week so I'll know quickly if that fixes my issue or not.

BTW, if you built cars, would YOU put a drain/ knock out plug at the highest point in the floor board or the lowest???? This one was a the highest... SO IRRITATING!
I have the same problem, water is isolated to the front drivers side floorboard. Is there anyway you can take a picture of the area where the plugs are? Hopefully this is my problem too.

Thanks for any help you can give.

·
Premium Member
17,446 Posts
Even though my AC condenser hose was pouring water to the outside, enough of it was still dripping on the inside to make it wet.
Since you say driver's side there's a TSB to address the seams.
Other peoples have reported water coming in from the back window and running to the front.

Attachments

·
Registered
314 Posts
Even though my AC condenser hose was pouring water to the outside, enough of it was still dripping on the inside to make it wet.
Since you say driver's side there's a TSB to address the seams.
Other peoples have reported water coming in from the back window and running to the front.

Is there a copy of the TSB from the seams that i can take to my nissan dealer and tell them they are a bunch of idiots

1 - 16 of 16 Posts