Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know of a product or a modification that will allow me to lock the rear seatbacks of my Titan LE in the upright position? Without getting into a debate on whether it is right or wrong - I keep a shotgun stowed back here in a case (for improptu duck hunts). It is impossible to remove the cased shotgun from below the seats - but a thief could quickly flip the seats down if they thought of it. I would like to figure out a way to lock (maybe with a plastic coated SS cable + lock) the seat backs up to deter - or at least slow down, someone stealing my gun.

I have looked at the area and there are definately good anchor points behind the seat attached to the truck but I am not sure how to affix to the seatbacks.

Ideas would be greatly appreciated.

·
Premium Member
15,662 Posts
I have no clue on how to lock the seat, but how bout lock the case and run a cable lock through the handle.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
that could work. My thought is that if I can figure a way to lock the seat backs up - I can somewhat safely stow all sorts of things back there.

·
Premium Member
58,289 Posts
Wow. Learn something new everyday. I've had my Titan for 5 years and I didn't know the seatbacks folded down.

·
Registered
490 Posts
Wow. Learn something new everyday. I've had my Titan for 5 years and I didn't know the seatbacks folded down.
Kind of like me discovering the mood light after two years. HAHA

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The rear seat back looks to be made with a plywood sheet - is there a steel frame or something around the perimeter?

·
Registered
949 Posts
I also keep a gun back there, a rifle with a scope and its not the place that I would think a theif would look if they were in a hurry, but maybe you could just cut the release straps real short so only you know they are there.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts