Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
161,755 Posts
It's not a bad price, but I'm unfamilar with the brand. What do you tow? Have you towed it with other vehicles before? You're not going to get much sway control out of a friction unit. Don't ask me how I know that.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,484 Posts
I goggled them and found some pretty positive results. A buddy of mines parents just bought a 32 foot TT and If i'm not mistaken his WD setup is made by Curt I'll take a look at it today.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Carbeaux said:
It's not a bad price, but I'm unfamilar with the brand. What do you tow? Have you towed it with other vehicles before? You're not going to get much sway control out of a friction unit. Don't ask me how I know that.

I just bought an 8.5x20' enclosed trailer from a friend today for an outrageously good deal. :D I used to tow a utility trailer that was 7x16' w/ my Titan so this is quite an upgrade in weight. The utility trailer was prolly a good 1,200lbs and I'm guessin' this new trailer is around 2tons empty.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just-in said:
I goggled them and found some pretty positive results. A buddy of mines parents just bought a 32 foot TT and If i'm not mistaken his WD setup is made by Curt I'll take a look at it today.
Cool, lemme know what they think of it!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
79 Posts
It looks similar to a Reese WD hitch, but having compared my neighbors Reese to my Equalizer -- the Equalizer is a lot easier and doesn't require any tool and does not use chains. When using a WD hitch with chains, its not hard, but you need to use a took to crank the chains onto some latches. The big bars on the equalizer are easier and also perform anti-sway very nicely. I have seen a lot of equalizers on craigslist and since the things are so heavy, you probably better off getting it locally this way instead. Get the equalizer hitch, its the best and mine used was around $200.

The problem with a new equalizer is that they are $400 new (rvwholesalers.com, shipped).

I'd say for the money, it looks pretty good. If you going to be towing a lot, it might be worth it to get the best.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
24 Posts
I have that exact same Curt with the exception mine has a max tongue weight of 750#. Mine has been great. How heavy is your trailer and what is the tongue weight? You should try and match your hitch closely to the trailer weight.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
bunkers said:
It looks similar to a Reese WD hitch, but having compared my neighbors Reese to my Equalizer -- the Equalizer is a lot easier and doesn't require any tool and does not use chains. When using a WD hitch with chains, its not hard, but you need to use a took to crank the chains onto some latches. The big bars on the equalizer are easier and also perform anti-sway very nicely. I have seen a lot of equalizers on craigslist and since the things are so heavy, you probably better off getting it locally this way instead. Get the equalizer hitch, its the best and mine used was around $200.

The problem with a new equalizer is that they are $400 new (rvwholesalers.com, shipped).

I'd say for the money, it looks pretty good. If you going to be towing a lot, it might be worth it to get the best.
Thanx bunkers, great info!

F_G said:
I have that exact same Curt with the exception mine has a max tongue weight of 750#. Mine has been great. How heavy is your trailer and what is the tongue weight? You should try and match your hitch closely to the trailer weight.
This is the trailer I pull. It's about 4,000lbs empty I believe. I'll find out for sure when I go weigh it some time this week or next week. I will be loading it w/ my show car which is a lil' under 3,000lbs. So I'm lookin' at around 7,000lbs GVW.

 

·
Registered
Joined
·
293 Posts
Most companys do a 500, 750, and 1000 lb wd set ups. Try to use what is best for aplication. Do you need w.d. with this trailer or can you get away with just a sway bar
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
hondarider227 said:
Most companys do a 500, 750, and 1000 lb wd set ups. Try to use what is best for aplication. Do you need w.d. with this trailer or can you get away with just a sway bar

I think it would be wise and safe to go w/ a WD hitch and sway control. It's better to be extra safe, right? :paranoid:
 
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Top