Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Someone has had to have at least add exhaust! Any one hear about long tube headers or an intake for the endurance motor?
After akk HP is like money....you can never have to much! :cheers:

·
Registered
75 Posts
Performance

I think you will see a BOOM in parts for the Titan. Watch for NISMO to release 5.6 upgrades as well.

The great part is this....Even Stock the Titan is the KING of pick-ups right now. The Titan is secoond to none the the 0-60 and 1/4 mile times....Just think what will happen when the tuners start playing with the cams, intake, and exhaust.....Can we say 400+HP?? I can't wait.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Ya just purchase my titan 2 weeks ago, could not help myself, allready put on the flow master with dual pipes and 5" chrome tips, sounds as good as the power I have with it !!!!!

LS1POWERED said:
Someone has had to have at least add exhaust! Any one hear about long tube headers or an intake for the endurance motor?

·
Registered
266 Posts
Don,

How did you setup the dual exhaust? It didn't seem like there was much room to route exhaust pipes. Did you just route out the side, the rear, or just left the pipes hanging underneath?

When I do any mods to the truck, that wiill be my first. I also need to find out if anybody will be making test pipes for the cats.

·
Registered
47 Posts
The dual pipes will fit, straight back from the muffler, the one on the drivers side will fit through near the shock and all the brake lines, the other one goes straight back, mine are configured where each comes out near the corners of the bumper on a angle, not straight back near the spare tire, how did you get 360 hp, did you already find a performance chip for the titan ???

·
Registered
68 Posts
Don said:
The dual pipes will fit, straight back from the muffler, the one on the drivers side will fit through near the shock and all the brake lines, the other one goes straight back, mine are configured where each comes out near the corners of the bumper on a angle, not straight back near the spare tire, how did you get 360 hp, did you already find a performance chip for the titan ???
i believe its his 300zx that has 360hp :rollingsm

·
Registered
266 Posts
Yea, that's the 300zx that has 360 rwhp. Hopefully by the end of summer it'll be around 410 rwhp after I replace the injectors and intercoolers.

·
Premium Member
2,369 Posts
Don said:

Don, we would love to see some pics of the Dual Exhaust setup (Rear shot and underneath) if you have some. Thanks!

Chris

·
Registered
47 Posts
sure will have some pics for ya here next week

·
Registered
489 Posts
I would imagine you guys are running the OBD III. Not only did the forign market develope the computers, but its required in the US now too have them equipped. Very smart systems. Not for sure if your nissans are equipped like the hemi's, but i am sure they are. Best thing too do is love your truck, and dont waste cash on parts till there is a computer upgrade that allows them. Give the motor more air, and it will adjust too factory spec's. The computer will be way smarter then any Mod! Do you guys got electronic throttle?? If so your computer will be way smarter then any mod you will be able too buy. I explained this too the dodge guys, but they didnt listen very well. I work for dodge, so i kinda been told too leave my truck alone for a year or two. I would suggest the same for you guys. Here is a excerpt from some info on the hemi that may pertain too you guys also. This is only if your throttle is electronic, but it probably is. Article here if anyone wants too read it. http://www.popularhotrodding.com/tech/0403phr_hemi/ This is a small part only on the ECM, and intake part.
`````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````
The end product proved capable of delivering cooler air than an aluminum manifold while only restricting the intake port 10 percent at full valve lift. That is about the same as a good aftermarket performance intake.

Unlike an LS6, which has a mass air system that allows the computer to adjust the fuel flow for any given airflow so that the mixture is always right (theoretically at least), the Hemi has a speed density system. This means that any increase in airflow into the engine goes unseen by the rest of the system. If a modification is done that increases mass airflow, such as a cold-air package, the computer has to be reprogrammed accordingly. Fortunately, two companies, Squier Inc and Street & Performance are working on this now and already have what is needed for transplants of the Hemi into other vehicles.
````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````
I wish i had more info for you guys, but through some experience i think you all should give your trucks about a year or two for the good stuff too come out. No use in upgrading if the computer is smarter then the upgrade. The titans are new as where the hemi's still are. let aftermarket learn alittle, and then play.. Wish you the best guys.. :cheers:

·
Premium Member
2,369 Posts
cnatra said:
I think Nissan uses a MAF system.
True statement cnatra.

While there is 'some' benefit to opening up the intake and exhaust, real gains are not made until the ECU is redone with new fuel maps etc. Us 300ZX guys have been playing with this setup for quite a few years now. Enclosed are a couple of pictures showing them. One is the 'outside' where it goes into the intake piping next to the Air Box and the other is an 'Inside' side down that pipe from inside the Filter area. Yes, our trucks are OBD compliant as well.

When it gets to really 'building up' things there are a lot of issues to look at to include injector size, porting, etc etc etc.

There are quite a few 300ZX and 350Z boards out there you can get some insight to 'what has been done in the past' with the Nissan setup to read. I am sure ttZ32 has been to a few of them as well :teethmast

Chris

Attachments

1 - 14 of 14 Posts