Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so winter is coming up... unfortunately... and i was looking into the Weather Tech floor liners for my Tit.. i really dont feel like shelling out 200 bucks, but from what i hear theyre unmatched, they dont fade, they wont crack and theyre durable as hell!
has anyone found an alternative to the weather tech liners? and if so.. what brand and how do you like them? how much were they? how long have you had them? and lets see some pics!

·
Premium Member
20,943 Posts
You only regret paying for quality once. I have the WeatherTech liners and they are awesome. I believe Husky also makes floor mats for the Titan.

·
Premium Member
20,943 Posts
The pictures on the WeatherTech web site are decent, but not pictures of the liners in a Titan. The only negative of the WeatherTech liners is that they don't completely cover the foot rest (idiot pedal?) on the left side.

·
Registered
912 Posts
I started out with Nifty Products Extreme. (Now labeled as Lund.) They were good quality and fit very nice. When they were accidentally left at the car wash, I thought I'd get a set of Weather Techs, since they were the subject of so much hoopla. For as expensive as they were, I wasn't impressed at all.
The Weather Tech uses a much harder material than Lund and they slid around too much for my liking. All the grooves and channels that do such a great job of trapping sand, (I'm in Fl.) make it harder to clean it out.
I ended up replacing them with another set of Lund mats. The funny thing is, when I bought them for the Titan, I also got a set of Weather Tech mats for the wife's Camry. Now those are very good. Honestly though, Walmart sells some pretty nice mat sets for around 20$.

·
Registered
3,233 Posts
Husky liners. I use them in all my trucks and suv's. Weather Tech's are nice but way over priced.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Several years ago I worked at a aftermarket shop that sold a lot of WeatherTech liners. In general our customers were either die hard WeatherTech fans, or die hard Husky fans. I personally like the WeatherTech fitment better. The WetherTech liners have also been designed to allow any snow, water, ect. to drain over and out the door threshold molding as well, which is kinda nice. As far as the price goes, to this day I have no idea why they cost so much, but I have them coming for my Titan as I type this.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I've had the Weather Tech's for the past 3 years on my 2011 Titan - received as a gift - I have both front and back - great fit and look awesome - ppl always comment on them - I luv them but then again I dint pay for them either -

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
I have the weathertech liners. They fit great and do a great job when you have a lot of mud/snow that collects and then melts. Everything else seems to allow that stuff to still reach the carpet. I do wish the rear mats covered the entire floor though. I ended up picking up a generic carpet roll from autozone for $10 to protect the expose carpet.

I have looked into switching over to the 3D mats which are cheaper and offer full rear protection, but haven't done so yet. I will probably give them a shot in my next truck.

·
Registered
131 Posts
I have WT in my pr04x- I can say they are good, though not as good as they could be. The reason they dont cover the deadrest is because of regulations allowing only 5" vertical measurement- it's odd- I found this out after goign back and forth with them about fitment and the fact that the xterra rear mats are actually for the pathfinder......... dont get me started.
I will say this though---- I support them because over 80% of their products are made in the USA!!!!!!! (a few things made in Germany)

·
Registered
1,957 Posts
It would be impossible to accurately convey my entire floormat setup in either words or pics...

I have over 40 floormats, many scavenged from carwash-leave-behinds and one pair even found in a paper recycling bin at k-mart (That oddly matched the Michelin 4piece set I actually bought in 9/09) They are layered, layered again, with another layer for good measure. As an oilfield ride, they see everything from dust and cow pies to crude oil and clay mud tracked in. They cover every bit of the exposed carpet (and OEM carpet floormat) except under the seats (And about half of THAT) and then some. Find the right layout, tuck the edges under the plastic interior panels including the floor sills (The center hump one is bolted in with the center seat/console, and the lips of the uppermost are under the front seat mounts as well) and you have more carpet protection than weathertech can EVER engineer for nothing even approaching the cost. 99.9% of my carpet is as good as the day I bought the truck (Again, including the OEM carpet mats)

IMHO floormats at that price are the biggest scam since in-the-tank- carb and fuel injector cleaner. there's SO MANY better things to blow that cash on when you can protect the carpet for a fraction.

·
Registered
131 Posts
sorry Lee; i'm going to have to disagree with you- multi layered floor mats seem pretty dangerous to me. there is even a warning that most manufacturers have about their mats that warn not to layer and not to put over rubber lined interiors due to slipping.

The price is a tad bit high, but I am a believer in you get what you pay for. The $50 universal fits from parts store I would say are the biggest rip ffs- they dont fit right and are a waste.

And there are several in tank addatives that work extremely well- BG 44k for example I use every time I go on a road trip- I usually see about 4mpg increase on the first tank and about 2 mpg the next tank. In my Scion TC I actually got an extra 100miles out of the tank on my drives from San Diego to Albuquerque. made that trip about every other month and each time, same result.

·
Registered
1,957 Posts
First off, there's no reason to apologize for disagreeing with me lol.

The only issue I could see as realistic with slipping mats would be wadding up under the pedals, which is one of the reasons I have the edges secured under interior panels and seat mounts. The other is full carpet coverage. It's not a gymnasium floor. One isn't going to lose footing in a pickup cab.

And I referred to the cleaner additive specifically because I I know there are real additives that do work. I was just throwing my 2 cents in at a discount. The weather tech must be a decent product...they are very popular and do look good, but at the end of the day they're just a piece of rubber that your feet rest on. It's the price that to me makes them a scam. At what they cost I'd expect them to self clean the entire interior before I'd consider it almost worth it.

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
I bought a used set of Husky floor liners from a TT member many years ago and they have been doing a fine job. My factory carpet still looks almost new.

·
Registered
688 Posts
so winter is coming up... unfortunately... and i was looking into the Weather Tech floor liners for my Tit.. i really dont feel like shelling out 200 bucks, but from what i hear theyre unmatched, they dont fade, they wont crack and theyre durable as hell!
has anyone found an alternative to the weather tech liners? and if so.. what brand and how do you like them? how much were they? how long have you had them? and lets see some pics!
Not sure if the pic in your sig is meant to convey some American pride. If so, I would 100% suggest the WeatherTechs as they are a damn good product and also made in USA. I am not sure if the other brands are made in USA or not, I am going to assume no.

I had OEM Nissan all weather mats, which can be had for competitive prices on eBay, but they sucked and wore a hole through in the heel area and didn't prevent a mess in my truck. Finally ponied up for the WT's and I am very happy with them. I definitely think they are worth every penny. Of course if they were made in China or Mexico but still good quality they may only be worth $50 at that point.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Not sure if the pic in your sig is meant to convey some American pride. If so, I would 100% suggest the WeatherTechs as they are a damn good product and also made in USA. I am not sure if the other brands are made in USA or not, I am going to assume no.

Everything about it screams "Merica!"

·
Registered
688 Posts
I'd pony up for the rear mat too. Even though you may not see much need now, in the future you might and WT may alter the design/stop making them and you might wish you had. Also if you resale your truck, a complete set would look nicer.

I have the rear mat in mine, I can put crap from Home Depot back there like paint cans, cement bags or I can put stuff that's been in the rain or that I would put in the bed but I need to keep out of the rain....they have definitely paid for themselves. And they fit with my underseat sub box just fine too. Love 'em

1 - 20 of 29 Posts