Nissan Titan Forum banner

21 - 40 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
183 Posts
titanse05 said:
They are only available from www.weathertech.com
$100 shipped, but they are worth it and will last the life of the truck.
titanse05, did you notice any increase or decrease in wind noise when the windows are up, before and after the installation? Many thanks in advance.

Masa
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,288 Posts
Masa said:
titanse05, did you notice any increase or decrease in wind noise when the windows are up, before and after the installation? Many thanks in advance.

Masa
Can't really say......I had the truck a week before I put the Weathertechs on.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
599 Posts
I may have missed it, but did the talk about looking into a group buy on the Weathertechs go any further?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
599 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,122 Posts
I keep thinking about these and thinking about these. I really like them because in the summer I could run with the window cracked in the rain and not get wet and maybe I could keep the snow and rain out of my electrical switches on top of the door.

My hesitation is caused by:
. can't find pics of them on a King Cab and I have no idea how they would look on only the front window or on both front and back even thought he back does not open
. not sure if I can handle an even bigger blind spot because the A-pillars are so big to begin with
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,025 Posts
I've had weathertechs and ventshades before and the weathertechs were 100 times better than the ventshades. I came across a great deal for a set of the wades thanks to a CT forum member($30) and have put these on my titan. First impression is they are very very similar to the weathertechs. The weathertech from my memory are a tighter fit which is probably why the wades have double stick tape but the fit is excellent and the look reminds me of my weathertechs exactly I like them I'll have to see how they hold up but they seem to be of the same quality if I hadn't got such a deal I probably would have gone Weathertech later on when I could afford($89.95 plus shipping)them that being said the wades at their regular price of about $50 for a CC 4 piece set they seem like the deal to go with.
 

Attachments

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5 Posts
TruckMod carries WeatherTech and we have them in stock and ready to go in light or dark tint. 2 door sets are $52.00 plus shipping and the 4 door sets are $92.00 plus shipping. Feel free to send us an e-mail at [email protected] for more info.

Alison - TruckMod.com
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
183 Posts
I recently ordered the 4-door sets from Weathertech for my crew cab in dark tint. Nice surprise was, it eliminated most of the whistling noise heard from where the window glass meets the gasket right above my ear. Yes, the dark tint increases the blind spots along the A-pillars. Not only that, because they are so dark, they give you this perception that the roofline became lower, giving you the feeling that the cabin is less spacious, and I really didn't like that. I called Weathertech and they are letting me exchange my deflectors with the light tint. A word of caution. If you ever have to uninstall the front door deflectors, be sure to remove it from the rear end (much more difficult than removing from the front end) or cover up the area that would come in contact with the edge of the deflector with a duct tape or something like that to protect the black window trim piece. When I was removing the front foor deflectors, I first tried to uninstall from the rear end. It was difficult, so I removed them from the front end, and it was easy, but where the front end of the deflectors came in contac with the rubber trim piece, they were cut with the sharp edge. By the way, another thing I noticed. Other people mentioned about these deflectors making a loud pop when rolling up the windows for the first time. One of them did that to me as well. When I uninstalled the one off the front passenger door, the corner pice was broken off. So, the loud crack/pop noise may not be always the normal seating sound... Overall, I was impressed with the fit and finish, and the function of the Weathertech deflectors. I can't wait to put them on once I receive the replacement deflectors in light tint.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,025 Posts
Yeah thats funny because I broke the corner off of one of my weathertechs on my Dakota (I think it was the bottm corner)but it was in an unseen area in the channel and didn't affect them so I didn't care about it but I've heard from others they've replaced them for that so they definitely have good Customer service. The part that broke was in the edge that is ground down to fit in the window channel. My Wades didn't have quite as tight a fit so they didn't snap like that but they appear to be feather the same way as they weathertechs looks like they took a dremel to the edges.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
599 Posts
Masa said:
.....Yes, the dark tint increases the blind spots along the A-pillars. Not only that, because they are so dark, they give you this perception that the roofline became lower, giving you the feeling that the cabin is less spacious, and I really didn't like that. I called Weathertech and they are letting me exchange my deflectors with the light tint.....
Recently, I have been contemplating a purchase of the Weathertech deflectors, and I have wondered the same thing myself. This has got me thinking that I might be better off with the light tint deflectors rather than the dark ones. Masa, would you be so kind as to post a pic of your (light tint) deflectors once they arrive and you get them installed. I'm sure there are others on this forum that would appreciate that as well.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,122 Posts
Pot Hole said:
Masa, would you be so kind as to post a pic of your (light tint) deflectors once they arrive and you get them installed. I'm sure there are others on this forum that would appreciate that as well.
What he said...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
I have the dark ones...and actually don't mind them.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
183 Posts
Pot Hole said:
Masa, would you be so kind as to post a pic of your (light tint) deflectors once they arrive and you get them installed.
Pot Hole, I actually thought about taking some pics with the dark-tinted ones before I uninstalled them, then, I was going to tak some pics with the lite tint ones. Well, I forgot to do that... I'll be sure to take some pics after I get the replacement deflectors.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
183 Posts
Marc said:
I have the dark ones...and actually don't mind them.
Yes, I think it's all about personal preference. I think that the dark tint looks more slick. I also liked the fact that the dark deflectors sometimes acted as sun visors when the sun was low. One thing I failed to mention in my original post was that I have lightly-tinted film on my front windows (legal darkness in Texas).
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
183 Posts
mopar said:
Yeah thats funny because I broke the corner off of one of my weathertechs on my Dakota (I think it was the bottm corner)but it was in an unseen area in the channel and didn't affect them so I didn't care about it but I've heard from others they've replaced them for that so they definitely have good Customer service. The part that broke was in the edge that is ground down to fit in the window channel....
After I sent back the dark tint ones, I received the replacement set in light tint. Well, both front deflectors had the same corners already snapped off in the box when I opened it... They shipped me another front set. This time, they came in fine, but again, the first time I rolled up the front passenger side window, the corner snapped off and the piece fell off.

I called Weathtech customer service and was told that all the doors are not exactly built the same and my driver's side door's channel must be a bit tighter than other Titans.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
183 Posts
Pot Hole said:
Recently, I have been contemplating a purchase of the Weathertech deflectors, and I have wondered the same thing myself. This has got me thinking that I might be better off with the light tint deflectors rather than the dark ones. Masa, would you be so kind as to post a pic of your (light tint) deflectors once they arrive and you get them installed. I'm sure there are others on this forum that would appreciate that as well.
Pot Hole,

I'm sorry it took so long to post these pics. These are the light tint. The dark tint one looked almost non-transparent.
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
599 Posts
Thanks Mesa. I haven't ordered my set as of yet, but after seeing your pictures I'll probably be putting in an order for the light set soon.

Mucho Gracious!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
183 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
9 Posts
I installed Weathertechs on my CC a couple of weeks ago and got the poping sound also. I noticed the visor plastic was bowing out when the window came up to it (lucky to have caught it before breaking the edge). After reading the instructions carefully, I realized that the front & back edge of the front visor and front edge of the rear visor were to go between the rubber and door post (not inside the rubber channel like the rest of the visor). After correcting it the popping sound was gone and window went up smoothly. Only problem was that the auto-up safety feature activated and would not let the window go all the way up. I had to raise the window normally (without the auto-up). Now that a couple of weeks have gone by, the rubber has conformed to the visor and the auto-up feature works fine.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
599 Posts
My weathertechs arrived Friday, but it's been too chilly here to install them just yet (mfg. instructions say to wait till temps are above 50 degrees). Might try tomorrow or wait till first of week (when warmer temps are expected).
 
21 - 40 of 42 Posts
Top