Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just thought I would post some pics of stuff I did to my Titan this weekend. Im a very happy man right now, was definitely looking forward to driving to work this morning. I installed a PRG mini lift (2" front & 1" rear), installed Bilstein 5100's (Front set a o) and rear shocks. Got the tire shop to mount my Mickey Thompson Sidebiters 17x9 wheels and BFG MT KM2 305/65/R17 tires on Saturday afternoon. The photos dont really show it but the lift and tire combo makes the truck alot higher than stock, definitely glad I didnt go with a 6" lift. Truck rides better than stock and looks better than I imagined it would. FYI, I havent experienced any CB contact as of yet and I tried to make it happen. Tires make noise but probably just need to be driven a bit, black rims on white truck look frickin awesome. Any questions just ask, have more install photos if needed.

RIM & TIRE

REAR SHOCK INSTALLED

REAR BLOCK INSTALLED

GOODIES

FRONT STRUT INSTALLED

COMPLETED

AFTER LIFT AND 5100 INSTALL

WAY I BOUGHT IT

COMPLETED #2

·
Registered
14,135 Posts
Looks great man. sounds like a good weekend. IMO if you put the bilsteins on the second notch it'd look good too. but you prolly will get coil bucket contact at times. and i also like the front end higher up, so i'm biased.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. Im on the flip side of that, I like a little rake. The photo makes it look like it has more rake than it does, maybe the ground wasnt completely even. On level ground it has a very slight rake.

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
Saweet! I'm really liking those KM2s! :cheers:

·
Registered
7,353 Posts
sick wheel package!

·
Registered
496 Posts
Looks good, that's a fun weekend project. Those wheels are sick.

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
truck looks good bro...wish i could have a good weekend like that but i pretty much got enough done to the t for now lol

·
Registered
214 Posts
How much did that all run you? Tires and all?

·
Registered
123 Posts
Did you consider Bilstein HDs for the front?

I have the PRG Mini lift, and the shocks (front and back) on the list to do next. I am leaning towards the HDs due to the reported contact issues with the 5100s. So I am very interested in any contact issues you discover downstream.

Rick

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Did you consider Bilstein HDs for the front?

I have the PRG Mini lift, and the shocks (front and back) on the list to do next. I am leaning towards the HDs due to the reported contact issues with the 5100s. So I am very interested in any contact issues you discover downstream.

Rick
I originally ordered the HDs, still have them sitting in the back of the shop (thanks for the reminder to return them). After a lot of searching and reading, I decided to go with the 5100s because I wanted that extra 1/2" up front for leveling purposes (would have an extreme rake without it) and the option to go higher later if needed. I have not had any CB contact while driving so far and have tried to make it happen by driving over speed bumps and dips. I dont off-road so wont have to worry about any contact while wheeling. I would still like to get the a/m UCAs at some point, but at over $500 they can wait. I did notice however that when I jack the vehicle up by the cross member and the control arms hang down they do appear to make contact with the coil bucket. Probably could be fixed by shaving the inside edge of the UCA or outer edge of the CB. I will let you know if I experience any issues with CB contact later on, but I may be one of those lucky ones who just had enough space between the UCA and CB to not have an issue.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Great looking truck my friend! We share a common bond with the White Titan and Black wheels. Check mine out. I also have the 5100's but not yet put them on. I was thinking of put the front at the 2nd notch because I have seen guys on here shave the front lip to make extra clearance. I have the Rough Country 3/1 kit which came with the replacement UCAs. They are not the best but they are also not as short as stock UCAs. I went with the 18x9 rockstars and 295/70 trail grapplers. I just ordered black housing projector lamps w/ halos. I'll have pics of those as soon as I receive them. Keep up the modding. Maybe we could share tips.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Great looking truck my friend! We share a common bond with the White Titan and Black wheels. Check mine out. I also have the 5100's but not yet put them on. I was thinking of put the front at the 2nd notch because I have seen guys on here shave the front lip to make extra clearance. I have the Rough Country 3/1 kit which came with the replacement UCAs. They are not the best but they are also not as short as stock UCAs. I went with the 18x9 rockstars and 295/70 trail grapplers. I just ordered black housing projector lamps w/ halos. I'll have pics of those as soon as I receive them. Keep up the modding. Maybe we could share tips.
Thanks, you too. I wasnt sure if I was going to be happy with the white but after putting on the black rims I have never thought twice about it. I have been extremely happy with the 5100s, the ride is way better than I thought it would be. I will probably be going to the 2nd notch as well just to level it out once I can afford the new UCAs from PRG. I recently ordered the PRG end links because my factory ones are making some serious noise. Im very interested in seeing the black housings when you get them, make sure to post some pics when you install them. Thanks again.

·
Registered
24 Posts
i know this is reviving an old thread but I have a question hopefully someone could answer. I have a 2006 Titan KC 4x4 with all original suspension with a leveling kit up front. truck 180000 miles so its time for new suspension. my first question is this coil bucket contact. can I run the bilstein 5100s on the 2inch setting withought having the cb contact. I'm not wanting to use my leveling kit. and also ive heard a lot of people say to use the 08+ springs. I'm going to need new springs anywise. I'm just trying to figure out the best way to do this for the cheapest. Hopefully someone can help me out. thanks!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts