Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

I'm in the process of purchasing a Widelite 26 foot Weekend Warrior. All though the salesman will always tell you what you want to hear. I would like to hear from you guys.

They're putting the sway-bar hitch and brake controller, and since my Titan is lifted 9 inches. I was thinking of purchasing the Firestone Ride-Rite airbag system for the rear.

Here are the specs on the Weekend Warrior I had in mind.

Axle Weights =5350 lb.

Hitch Weight = 1050 lb.

GVWR = 11400 lb.

Pay Load = 5000 lb.

Fresh Water = 100 gal.

Black Tank = 30 gal.

Grey Tank = 30 gal

The trailor Dry weight is 7400.

Do you think I am going WAY over the limit, or do you think its towable?

ANY help is much appreciated, Thanks guys.

My titan has a CST 9 Inch lift, with 18 inch wheels on 35 Open Country Toyo Tires. Gibson Exhaust, K&N Intake. Did not come with Tow Package.

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Once you load it up with gear, water, and propane, I think you should pass on it. It has pretty heavy toung weight also. Do you have the off road package in the Titan?

·
Registered
6,373 Posts
Walk away...too much trailer.
With over a thousand pounds just in tongue weight, how much payload does your truck have after that?
I just noticed you have 35" tires and NO tow package...BAD COMBO...
Your truck is only rated to tow about 7500 lbs, and that was before the 35" tires...
That trailer weighs more them the advertised weights, add about 500 lbs to that number, add 200 of it to just the tongue weight..

Tell the saleman to kiss-off...

·
Registered
365 Posts
Don't do it. You are WAY over your limit. That trailer is made to be pulled by a 3/4 ton nothing less.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
loufish said:
Walk away...too much trailer.
With over a thousand pounds just in tongue weight, how much payload does your truck have after that?
I just noticed you have 35" tires and NO tow package...BAD COMBO...
Your truck is only rated to tow about 7500 lbs, and that was before the 35" tires...
That trailer weighs more them the advertised weights, add about 500 lbs to that number, add 200 of it to just the tongue weight..

Tell the saleman to kiss-off...

Thanks for all your help guys. I really appreciate it.

Are you sure about my truck having only a 7500 towing capacity? :eek:ral:

I read that it had a 9500 being that it is CrewCab. Maybe I read the wrong section. Can someone else cofirm this?

·
Registered
2,486 Posts
nwp4life said:
Thanks for all your help guys. I really appreciate it.

Are you sure about my truck having only a 7500 towing capacity? :eek:ral:

I read that it had a 9500 being that it is CrewCab. Maybe I read the wrong section. Can someone else cofirm this?
Unless your truck has the Off-Road package it has a much lower tow capacity. The tow package and Off-Road packages provide lower gearing in the axles, this is one of the things that adds to the towing capacity.

Simply being a crew cab doesn't mean a thing. The tow rating you're looking at is the MAX, not the standard.

·
Registered
662 Posts
You need the Big Tow option to get the max tow capacity. That trailer is way to heavy.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
TitanLou said:
That trailer is way to heavy.
Picked up the Widelite this morning, then loaded up.

With water tanks filled, Rhino with Long Travel Loaded, and Dirt Bike in the Bed. I just arrived to Vegas an hour ago. I averaged 9-11 mpg, and averaged 65-70 the entire way. Even going up through Vitorville, and steep inclines, the Titan did absolutely fine.

Thanks for the input, all though..you Titan definitely under estimate the Truck you own :domohit:

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
nwp4life said:

With water tanks filled, Rhino with Long Travel Loaded, and Dirt Bike in the Bed. I just arrived to Vegas an hour ago. I averaged 9-11 mpg, and averaged 65-70 the entire way. Even going up through Vitorville, and steep inclines, the Titan did absolutely fine.

Thanks for the input, all though..you Titan definitely under estimate the Truck you own :domohit:
Why did you bother to ask a question if you disregarded the advice anyways?? Say what you want but your truck is over it's limits. Not by 2-300lbs but probably 1,000lbs. Even scarier is that you had and possibly still have no idea what they were to start with. I sincerly hope you have a top end brake controller and a good sway control system installed.

·
Registered
6,373 Posts

You truck came with a red cape and a large "S" on the grill did it?

I'm going to call "BS" on this one...That much tongue weight AND a bike in the bed?....And of course 9-11 mpg...

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
nwp4life said:

We know what the truck can do..and we know what the truck can do safely.
I suppose you just screwed a ball to the bumber also:zzzz:

·
Registered
365 Posts
He will be back soon b**tching about how his Titan broke and he doesn't know why. And you wonder why Nissan treats people like they are morons when you try and get your truck fixed. It is because they have to deal with people like this.

·
Registered
2,509 Posts
Sure your truck can do it, but be ready when it all goes wrong..

I wanted a FSC2800 when I got my last trailer.. But I saw it was WAY to heavy.. Gad I got the Superlite instead..

Thor sells a 26 foot front sleeper that would have been a MUCH better choice.

·
Super Moderator
161,695 Posts
There will be no happy ending to this story. Once again, emotion trumps reason. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
662 Posts
nwp4life said:

Good luck dude, your going to need it. You asked for advice and you got honest advice from everbody that replied. I hope your truck holds up, but I think your:banasex0r Oh, by the way I don't under estimate sh!t about my Titan. I tow a 27' Salem LE that goes around 7500-8000 fully loaded, and I tow it in the mountains here in New Mexico. I know what my truck will do, and I went with something within its weight range. Good luck to you.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Everyone and Anyone is welcome to drive my truck and Trailor, that lives in the Southern California area. Don't live life by a book, live it on the edge. Trust me, You'll have some great stories for the grand children.

Say what you want, think what you want. At the end of the day, its my truck..and my choice. :hahafu:

Mods..please delete this thread.

·
Registered
2,509 Posts
nwp4life said:
Everyone and Anyone is welcome to drive my truck and Trailor, that lives in the Southern California area. Don't live life by a book, live it on the edge. Trust me, You'll have some great stories for the grand children.

Say what you want, think what you want. At the end of the day, its my truck..and my choice. :hahafu:

Why should the mods delete this thread? Cause you don't like what people have to say?

So you ask a question, get told you made a bad choice, get but hurt and cry to get it removed... Wow... Nice..

On Edit, no I don't always do what people tell me to do, but when I ask for advice, I at least listen and try to figure out why they feel that way... Sort of like, "Why would you want to buy a Titan" When you ask a Chevy owner!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Derwud said:
Why should the mods delete this thread? Cause you don't like what people have to say?

So you ask a question, get told you made a bad choice, get but hurt and cry to get it removed... Wow... Nice..

On Edit, no I don't always do what people tell me to do, but when I ask for advice, I at least listen and try to figure out why they feel that way... Sort of like, "Why would you want to buy a Titan" When you ask a Chevy owner!

Its butt* not but, Mr. class of 06 :ftard:

I asked for an opinion, its up to me whether I take it or not, or go with my instinct. I went with my instinct.

There are people in this world, that are followers, and only do what they're told by others. You're one of those people, more power to you bud.

By looking through this whole thread and posts, you seem to be the only one hurt and crying over my decision.. :kiss:

·
Super Moderator
161,695 Posts
I hope he's the ONLY one hurt by your decision. What you're doing, IMHO, isn't safe.

BTW, you can delete this thread yourself.

·
Super Moderator
161,695 Posts
nwp4life said:

And since you're the winner of the spelling bee, I'm assuming you meant "trailer"?

1 - 20 of 64 Posts