Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know what the weight of the stock 18" Pro4x wheel is (not the tire, just the rim)? Im trying to compare the weight of some aftermarket Fuel wheels to my stock ones. Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Does anyone know what the weight of the stock 18" Pro4x wheel is (not the tire, just the rim)? Im trying to compare the weight of some aftermarket Fuel wheels to my stock ones. Thanks in advance!
I just got new wheels and tires for my 2019 Pro 4x. I weighed the combo at 78.5 lbs. The General tires are listed at 42 lbs., so that would make the wheel about 36.5 lbs. That is lighter than I would have guessed for a factory wheel.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Thanks for the reply. That answers my question! I’ll probably stick with the stock pro4x wheels with some ko2 tires since the are lighter.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I recently switched to a set ot Black Rhino Mozambiques on my 2017 Pro4x half ton. Those wheels weigh 25lbs. each and are rotary forged which allows them to be light. The stock wheels were 42lbs. each so I saved 17lbs. at each corner. Someone on this site posted the weight of a stock pro4x wheel/tire combo and when the weight of the general grabbers was subtracted it was 42lbs. Stock general grabbers weigh 46lbs. Hope that helps.

Doc

·
Registered
14 Posts
I recently switched to a set ot Black Rhino Mozambiques on my 2017 Pro4x half ton. Those wheels weigh 25lbs. each and are rotary forged which allows them to be light. The stock wheels were 42lbs. each so I saved 17lbs. at each corner. Someone on this site posted the weight of a stock pro4x wheel/tire combo and when the weight of the general grabbers was subtracted it was 42lbs. Stock general grabbers weigh 46lbs. Hope that helps.

Doc
Hi Doc,

I recently posted the weight of the wheel/tire combo as I just replaced my wheels and tires (also got Black Rhinos and love them). The whole unit was 78.5 lbs. The General Tire website shows the tire for the Pro 4x at 41.9 lbs. (https://generaltire.com/sites/default/files/tires/files/GT18_Grabber-APT_Tire_Spec_Pages.pdf). That would leave about 36.5 lbs. for everything that is not tire (wheel, tpms, wheel weights). I was surprised at how light they made the factory setup. With my E rated tires which weigh 59 lbs. and the lighter wheels, I still ended up about 8 lbs. heavier per wheel/tire.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi Doc,

I recently posted the weight of the wheel/tire combo as I just replaced my wheels and tires (also got Black Rhinos and love them). The whole unit was 78.5 lbs. The General Tire website shows the tire for the Pro 4x at 41.9 lbs. (https://generaltire.com/sites/default/files/tires/files/GT18_Grabber-APT_Tire_Spec_Pages.pdf). That would leave about 36.5 lbs. for everything that is not tire (wheel, tpms, wheel weights). I was surprised at how light they made the factory setup. With my E rated tires which weigh 59 lbs. and the lighter wheels, I still ended up about 8 lbs. heavier per wheel/tire.

That is good to know. Agreed that is a pretty light stock OEM setup. I needed to think I was saving more weight to justify the black rhinos :LOL:...the general apt aren't terrible tires either but I have my eye on the Open Range offering from LesSchwab. They look like old school uniroyals but are pretty high quality

1 - 7 of 7 Posts