Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So this started about a week ago...my trucks rpm's started to fluctuate at idle bouncing the needle up and down between 500 and 700 rpm, it would do it for a bit stop then start again. It also happens when im sitting at a stoplight. Also when im driving the truck jumps up and down in gears between 30-and 45 mph and has a hard time shifting into 5th and it wont hold it for a very long time before going back to 4th. This also occasionally happens on the highway too but is more prominent on surface streets.

I tried cleaning the MAF sensor with the stuff CRC makes, and its still happening. I had the dealer change the tranny fluid at 30k and all they did was a 4qrt spill and fill, im now at 50k so it might be due for another round of that...any advice?

Truck is a 2008 with 50k miles and serviced religiously

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
anybody? :(

·
Registered
6,823 Posts
Do an idle air volume learn command and a throttle position learn. There's a thread here somewhere on how to do them manually.

Reactions: XAncilleryX

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Throttle Positioning Sensor.... Just a thought....
Ya know now that you said that brings up something that happend regarding that. When I put my CAI and spacer on I disconnected the TB, and when I got back in the truck after everything was hooked up, It thew a code...Throttle body voltage hight input or something like that...I cleared it and all was well. This happend bout 2 months ago though. And I did the ECU reset and learning procedure then too. So would this problem be related?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Update...I FIXED IT!! I was scouring my engine bay today just to check and see if I had any air leaks. Sure enough the breather hoses that run from the air intake to the block were so loose that you can pull it off with 1 finger! Tightened everything up and all my problems are gone. Thanks for the suggestions guys

·
Registered
258 Posts
Update...I FIXED IT!! I was scouring my engine bay today just to check and see if I had any air leaks. Sure enough the breather hoses that run from the air intake to the block were so loose that you can pull it off with 1 finger! Tightened everything up and all my problems are gone. Thanks for the suggestions guys
Okay, so i know this is an old post, but since I am having similar issues, i thought i'd kick this one back to the top...

Recently added Volant CAI, and noticed that my truck has a tough time shifting into 5th and staying there and when idling RPM's are around 500-700 and the truck feels like it wants to shut off.... I havent checked the breather hoses yet but plan to tonight. Also, after about 250miles with the CAI the Service Engine Soon light came on. I am running air flow sensor that came with the intake...shoud I install the stock sensor?

Anyone else have this issue? It sure made me nervous shifting weird in those west virginia mountains last week...the SES light made me sweat bullets until i made it home!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts