Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've complained about hp loss and not knowing why it only happens at night... Yesterday I was driving early and decided to turn on my lights and bam horse power loss I turn off the lights and bam everything bak to normal... Holy sh*t WTF?

And by horse power loss I mean I floor the pedal and the truck barely moves...

I thought the throttle body and speed sensor r on there own electical system? How could turning in my lights effect it?!?!?

Emergency!!!

·
Registered
940 Posts
Must e some strong hids!!! Hahah. I dont lose power when i put my lights on but my radio gets a little fuzzy...

·
Registered
84 Posts
Yeah, I notice fuzzy radio channels when my HIDs are on, but not a loss of power.

·
Registered
225 Posts
First, I'm not particularly that great with electrical especially engine electrical stuff. I understand the basic concepts and I know that it runs in circuits and if you somehow insert yourself at the end you won't be happy.:teeth: Also, this is coming my 16yr old nephew whom is driving a '91 S10 so take it with a pound of salt.

His complaint was that when he turned on his headlights the motor would stall and lose power and he was unable drive home. From my bro-in-law, it seems that a motor mount bolt worked it's way loose and arched with the altenator or maybe the starter I don't remember which, either way this caused what appears to be a malfunction in the on board computer.

I hope this helps. Good Luck.

I've complained about hp loss and not knowing why it only happens at night... Yesterday I was driving early and decided to turn on my lights and bam horse power loss I turn off the lights and bam everything bak to normal... Holy sh*t WTF?

I thought the throttle body and speed sensor r on there own electical system? How could turning in my lights effect it?!?!?

Emergency!!!

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
Funny, I've had a problem with my HVAC selector and blower since day one.

When I turn my OEM park or headlights on it will take 38 sec (yes I counted) to go from vent to defrost...

Lights off- less than 5 sec. Sucks here in western PA when the windshield fogs up quick at night.

At first Nissan USA techs said it's not normal but couldn't figure out why. After changing some things and visiting the shop 6-8 times I said I was going to file "Lemon Law" based on safety. All of a sudden letter head comes thought with this being normal. It's been a pain in the ballz for 4 years.

·
Registered
777 Posts
You gots a short somewhere going directly to ground it appears. I would check all your wiring, it is probably straining the fuel injection system and ignition system when it shorts.

·
Registered
9,147 Posts
x2 on the short.... I would check all the HID connections really good, then test with using a new battery... If you haven't done the ECM Relay recall, now might be a good time.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Holy Crap, very wierd InkHead because I have a VERY similiar story,,,,,,

Emergency!!!

Let me know when you get yours figured out, I think we have the same problem seriously.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Unplug the HID lights and see if the problem still persists, if it does then you know its in the hids, if not then find the fuses for the lights and pull it out and see if that helps. This is just a quick way to try and track down the problem

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
you've checked your battery and alternator right?

·
Premium Member
17,244 Posts
As a general proposition, the oem grounds are not the best. Upgrading the grounds with or pursuant to the Active Tuning ground kit instructions is a good thing to do.

Apparently the 07+ trucks have a current sensor on the negative battery cable that is used in connection with controlling the alternator output. I dunno if anybody has figured out the effect of bypassing that in connection with ground upgrade.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts