Nissan Titan Forum banner

21 - 40 of 80 Posts

·
Vendor
41 Posts
Just Released - Frozen Rotors for 2008 Nissan Titan

titanss said:
Are you working on producing Hi Performance rotors for the 08's?
Yes, we just started accepting orders for them. Here are the prices for 2008 Nissan Titan rotors.

Front Frozen Rotors = $164.00 ea.
Rear Frozen Rotors = $155.90 ea.

Front Frozen Rotors Slotted = $209.00 ea.
Rear Frozen Rotors Slotted = $200.90 ea.

The "Frozen Rotors Slotted" are our brand new line of High Performance Rotors that we will be releasing on the site next week. These are not Power Slot Cryo's. Power Slot will probably not have a rotor for the 2008 Titan for about another year.

Attached is a picture of the slot design utilized on the New Frozen Rotors Slotted Brand Brake Rotors. Note: the rotors in this picture are not Nissan Titan rotors, they are Dodge Viper rotors.

Attachments

·
Banned
27,783 Posts
Re: Just Released - Frozen Rotors for 2008 Nissan Titan

Frozen Rotors said:
Yes, we just started accepting orders for them. Here are the prices for 2008 Nissan Titan rotors.

Front Frozen Rotors = $164.00 ea.
Rear Frozen Rotors = $155.90 ea.

Front Frozen Rotors Slotted = $209.00 ea.
Rear Frozen Rotors Slotted = $200.90 ea.

The "Frozen Rotors Slotted" are our brand new line of High Performance Rotors that we will be releasing on the site next week. These are not Power Slot Cryo's. Power Slot will probably not have a rotor for the 2008 Titan for about another year.

Attached is a picture of the slot design utilized on the New Frozen Rotors Slotted Brand Brake Rotors. Note: the rotors in this picture are not Nissan Titan rotors, they are Dodge Viper rotors.
Are the slots on the rotors actually broken apart like that??

·
Vendor
41 Posts
Re: Just Released - Frozen Rotors for 2008 Nissan Titan

bbomar said:
Are the slots on the rotors actually broken apart like that??

Yes, This slot design is called the "5x3" (as it is 5 groups of 3 slots) we have been utilizing this slot design for about 12 years now. If you look at the slot design used by most race teams (NASCAR, F1, etc.) this is the slot pattern that most everyone uses. Plus many think the "5x3" slot design gives off a much more aggressive look than "straight slot" designs utilized by most rotor manufacturers. Most company’s shy away from this design because of the added machine time that it takes to produce this slots!

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
Do you happen to know the part number for the replacement pads?

·
Vendor
41 Posts
Hawk Brake Pads

Juday said:
Do you happen to know the part number for the replacement pads?
Sure Do! I would recommend going with the LTS Compound.

Hawk Performance LTS Light Truck & SUV Compound Brake Pads For 2004-2007 Nissan Titan
Front = HB567Y.694 = $64.60
Rear = HB555Y.678 = $73.31

Hawk Performance HPS Performance Street Compound Brake Pads For 2004-2007 Nissan Titan
Front = HB567F.694 = $66.94
Rear = HB555F.678 = $75.01

Attachments

·
Registered
6,182 Posts
For Titans, your site has two year ranges listed:
  1. 2004 - 03/01/2005
  2. 03/01/2005 - 2007

Many of us 2004 owners had the Nissan Brake Fix, in 2005 or latter that included a new rotor design. Would we order the '05 - '07 versions of your rotors and pads?

·
Vendor
41 Posts
NorCal 4x4 said:
For Titans, your site has two year ranges listed:
  1. 2004 - 03/01/2005
  2. 03/01/2005 - 2007

Many of us 2004 owners had the Nissan Brake Fix, in 2005 or latter that included a new rotor design. Would we order the '05 - '07 versions of your rotors and pads?

Yes Sir! The rotors that come on the 2006 and 2007 models are the same rotors that they used to upgrade the 2004 and 2005 models.

·
Vendor
41 Posts
JLG_Engineer said:
My compliments, nice site. When will there be some titan package deals,calipers,rotors and all?
We are currently working on putting together some package deals for the Nissan Titan. In the meantime just use the promo code "FR1394" during checkout to recieve 10% off entire purchase. This will be the same deal as we offer when we put a package deal together.

Also we do not offer a caliper for the Nissan Titan unless you want to get a Brembo Big Brake Kit, which will run you about $4,550.00 :)

Cheers!
John

·
Registered
2,079 Posts
anyone install any of these yet? i'm curious how you like them as i will be looking to upgrade the brakes shortly...

sdtitan1, bestatchess, you guys have them yet??

·
Premium Member
17,244 Posts
06_SMOKE_SE_CC said:
anyone install any of these yet? i'm curious how you like them as i will be looking to upgrade the brakes shortly...

sdtitan1, bestatchess, you guys have them yet??
Still in the boxes. Although the snow piles have now melted and one of these weekends I will be able to install the frozen rotors w/o suffering a frozen keister.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I'm also looking to replace my rotors on my 2004 Titan.No more fixes from nissan for me.From what i'm reading in here It looks to me that the frozen rotor by it self is the power slot rotor givin a cryro treatment, right.I found the same rotor with the same treatment for 137.53 in another site that i will name if asked.

·
Vendor
41 Posts
Bassman3 said:
I'm also looking to replace my rotors on my 2004 Titan.No more fixes from nissan for me.From what i'm reading in here It looks to me that the frozen rotor by it self is the power slot rotor givin a cryro treatment, right.I found the same rotor with the same treatment for 137.53 in another site that i will name if asked.
Ok I will try my best to sort this out for you guys.

A Frozen Rotor is a premium rotor (Brembo, Raybestos, Zimmermann, etc.) that is cryogenically treated - This rotor will never warp and will last 2 to 3 times longer than a non treated premium rotor.

A Power Slot Cryo is a rotor made by a company on the west cost called Power Performance Group. They do not make the rotors! They simply buy rotors from company's like Brembo, Raybestos, Zimmermann, etc. they then slot the rotor in their CNC machine shop, and then finish by cadmium plating the rotor. The rotors are then shipped to Diversified Cryogenics, Inc. (aka Frozen Rotors) in Minnesota and we do the cryo treatment.

However the owner of Power Performance Group decided to cut us out of the picture and he purchased his own cryo processors. So if you buy the Power Slot Cryo's from FrozenRotors.com then we did the cryo treatment. If you buy them from the TireRack or anywhere else on the internet they are not treated by us anymore.

As for the difference in cryo treatment between Frozen Rotors and Power Performance Group.... pretty simple, we have been doing this for 13 years and have a tried and true process, Power Performance Group has been doing it for about six months or so. The choice is yours.

As for the price difference, we sell that rotor for $140 and you said you found it on another site for $2.50 cheaper. Here is a promo code that will give you 10% off on our site "FR1394" Let me know if you have anymore questions.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Frozen Rotors said:
Ok I will try my best to sort this out for you guys...
Are the "Power Slot Cryo" not available for the fronts? Don't see them for the '06 Titan. And is the cadmium plating the only difference from the "Frozed Rotor Slotted" to the "Power Slot Cryo"? Thanks...

·
Vendor
41 Posts
BHMTitan said:
Are the "Power Slot Cryo" not available for the fronts? Don't see them for the '06 Titan. And is the cadmium plating the only difference from the "Frozed Rotor Slotted" to the "Power Slot Cryo"? Thanks...
Power Slot does not offer a rotor for the 06 Nissan Titan. The only difference between the Power Slot Cryo and the Frozen Rotors Slotted is the cadmium plating, and the slot design is different. Frozen Rotors Slotted utilizes a 5x3 slot pattern which is widely accepted throughout the racing community. Most brake rotor manufacturers tend to shy away from this style of slotting because of the added time and cost it takes to machine.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Frozen Rotors said:
Ok I will try my best to sort this out for you guys.

A Frozen Rotor is a premium rotor (Brembo, Raybestos, Zimmermann, etc.) that is cryogenically treated - This rotor will never warp and will last 2 to 3 times longer than a non treated premium rotor.

A Power Slot Cryo is a rotor made by a company on the west cost called Power Performance Group. They do not make the rotors! They simply buy rotors from company's like Brembo, Raybestos, Zimmermann, etc. they then slot the rotor in their CNC machine shop, and then finish by cadmium plating the rotor. The rotors are then shipped to Diversified Cryogenics, Inc. (aka Frozen Rotors) in Minnesota and we do the cryo treatment.

However the owner of Power Performance Group decided to cut us out of the picture and he purchased his own cryo processors. So if you buy the Power Slot Cryo's from FrozenRotors.com then we did the cryo treatment. If you buy them from the TireRack or anywhere else on the internet they are not treated by us anymore.

As for the difference in cryo treatment between Frozen Rotors and Power Performance Group.... pretty simple, we have been doing this for 13 years and have a tried and true process, Power Performance Group has been doing it for about six months or so. The choice is yours.

As for the price difference, we sell that rotor for $140 and you said you found it on another site for $2.50 cheaper. Here is a promo code that will give you 10% off on our site "FR1394" Let me know if you have anymore questions.
OK lets see if i can get it right this time.If i would buy the Power slot frozen rotors from buybrakes.com they would be the same as what you sell,cadmium plating , 5x3 slot design and cryo treated by you not the other guy.Right i hope! If not set me straight i can take it.Also am i right in assuming that in your web sit you have free shipping.If i'm wrong again you can do this to me :bangit:

·
Registered
2,079 Posts
so would it be ok to use the frozen rotor slotted for the front and the power slot cryo rotors for the rear? i have an 06 as well, wasn't sure if mixing and matching the different rotors would be alright or not...

·
Vendor
41 Posts
Bassman3 said:
OK lets see if i can get it right this time.If i would buy the Power slot frozen rotors from buybrakes.com they would be the same as what you sell,cadmium plating , 5x3 slot design and cryo treated by you not the other guy.Right i hope! If not set me straight i can take it.Also am i right in assuming that in your web sit you have free shipping.If i'm wrong again you can do this to me :bangit:

Nope, the only place you can buy Power Slot Cryo Rotors that have been treated by Frozen Rotors is at FrozenRotors.com If you buy Power Slot Cryo Rotors from buybrakes, tirerack, autoanything or any other place on the web they are not treated by us.

We do not have free shipping. Remember in today's market you get what you pay for. I had a customer the other day that said he purchased a set of power slot cryo rotors from one of those other sites, two weeks had gone by and he still had no product, so he called them and they told him the rotors were on backorder and would be another 2 to 3 weeks. Here at Frozen Rotors you get to deal direct with the manufacturer and don't have to deal with the headaches of a paper pushing middle man. You will never experience this kind of service from FrozenRotors.com Guaranteed!!

·
Registered
2,079 Posts
06_SMOKE_SE_CC said:
so would it be ok to use the frozen rotor slotted for the front and the power slot cryo rotors for the rear? i have an 06 as well, wasn't sure if mixing and matching the different rotors would be alright or not...

yes/no????

21 - 40 of 80 Posts