Nissan Titan Forum banner

41 - 60 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
538 Posts
Do you guys also cryogenically freeze other parts or just brake rotors? I heard somewhere that freezing engine parts helps them wear longer. On another related subject, what do you freeze the parts in? Liquid nitrogen I'm guessing-what is that like Minus 400F?

·
Vendor
41 Posts
06_SMOKE_SE_CC said:
so would it be ok to use the frozen rotor slotted for the front and the power slot cryo rotors for the rear? i have an 06 as well, wasn't sure if mixing and matching the different rotors would be alright or not...
Sorry for the delayed reply. Yes, that would be just fine to run Frozen Rotors Slotted in the front and Power Slot Cryos in the rear. They are different slot designs though so as long as that doesn't bother you, from a looks standpoint that is.

·
Vendor
41 Posts
dogstar said:
Do you guys also cryogenically freeze other parts or just brake rotors? I heard somewhere that freezing engine parts helps them wear longer. On another related subject, what do you freeze the parts in? Liquid nitrogen I'm guessing-what is that like Minus 400F?
Yes, we treat many engine components and drivetrain components. see this link to our custom cryogenics site. The site is a little old school but all the info is there. Also we use liquid nitrogen as a gas to cool the chamber to minus 300F. WE DO NOT DIP OBJECTS IN LIQUID NITROGEN, That would put the object into thermal shock, no good, like droping a ice cube into a cup of coffee.

http://www.diversifiedcryogenics.com/

·
Registered
58 Posts
Frozen Rotors said:
Nope, the only place you can buy Power Slot Cryo Rotors that have been treated by Frozen Rotors is at FrozenRotors.com If you buy Power Slot Cryo Rotors from buybrakes, tirerack, autoanything or any other place on the web they are not treated by us.

We do not have free shipping. Remember in today's market you get what you pay for. I had a customer the other day that said he purchased a set of power slot cryo rotors from one of those other sites, two weeks had gone by and he still had no product, so he called them and they told him the rotors were on backorder and would be another 2 to 3 weeks. Here at Frozen Rotors you get to deal direct with the manufacturer and don't have to deal with the headaches of a paper pushing middle man. You will never experience this kind of service from FrozenRotors.com Guaranteed!!
OK now i got it but you better check out the buybrakes.com web site.I copied and pasted this from there web site(Power Slot Cryo Rotors by Frozen Rotors® ).This is were im getting my confusion from.Looks like there using your name. :boxing:

·
Vendor
41 Posts
Bassman3 said:
OK now i got it but you better check out the buybrakes.com web site.I copied and pasted this from there web site(Power Slot Cryo Rotors by Frozen Rotors® ).This is were im getting my confusion from.Looks like there using your name. :boxing:

Yea I can see how this is confusing, but like I said in one of the earlier posts, we USED to do the cryo for Power Slot but than when we started to double their sales, they decided to cut us out and do it themselves. We are currently in the process of having those sites remove our name from the title of the product.

·
Registered
58 Posts
OK here I go again.Lets see if i get it right this time.FROZEN ROTOR sells frozen rotor slotted and non slotted rotors and the Power slot cryo rotors.The frozen rotor slotted has your 5x3 slot design.The Power slot cryo rotors are slotted but not with the 5x3 slot design.The Power slots are cadmium plated the frozen rotor is not.Both rotors get the same cryo treatment done buy frozen rotor.
Now for application.(This is for slotted rotors only)This is what i found on your web site.For the years 2004-2005 you list only power slot cryo rotor for both the front and rear.For the years 2005-2007 you list frozen rotor slotted for the front and power slot cryo rotors for the front.
Now for the questions.Do you make frozen rotor slotted for the rear?Is there a differance, other than the slot design and cadmium plating,between the 2004-2005 and the 2005-2007.
Thank You for being patient with me on this subject.Some times i'm not the sharpest tool in the shed.:huh:

·
Vendor
41 Posts
Bassman3 said:
OK here I go again.Lets see if i get it right this time.FROZEN ROTOR sells frozen rotor slotted and non slotted rotors and the Power slot cryo rotors.The frozen rotor slotted has your 5x3 slot design.The Power slot cryo rotors are slotted but not with the 5x3 slot design.The Power slots are cadmium plated the frozen rotor is not.Both rotors get the same cryo treatment done buy frozen rotor.
Now for application.(This is for slotted rotors only)This is what i found on your web site.For the years 2004-2005 you list only power slot cryo rotor for both the front and rear.For the years 2005-2007 you list frozen rotor slotted for the front and power slot cryo rotors for the front.
Now for the questions.Do you make frozen rotor slotted for the rear?Is there a differance, other than the slot design and cadmium plating,between the 2004-2005 and the 2005-2007.
Thank You for being patient with me on this subject.Some times i'm not the sharpest tool in the shed.:huh:

Im gunna take a wild guess that you have a 2006 or 2007 Titan. If so, yes we can get you a frozen rotor slotted for the rear. A Frozen Rotor Slotted for the rear of a 2006/2007 Nissan Titan will run you $168.50 per rotor. The reason we decided not to list them on the site was because we could not compete with the price of the power slot cryo ($140.74) To answere your second question, no power slot does not have a rotor for the front of the 2006-2007 Nissan Titan. If I would have realized this earlier I probably would have listed the Frozen Rotors Slotted for the rear, seeing that power slot doesnt make rotors for the front. Sorry for all the confusion. Please let me know if you still are unclear. Also you can call toll free 1-888-323-8456 ask for John

·
Registered
251 Posts
Yeah... what's listed on the web site for '06 & '07 models doesn't make a lot of sense. The "Frozed Rotor Slotted" is listed for only the front, and the "Power Slot Cryo Rotor" is listed for only the rear. I would think most people would not order either of these since they want matching rotors on all four corners.

·
Vendor
41 Posts
BHMTitan said:
Yeah... what's listed on the web site for '06 & '07 models doesn't make a lot of sense. The "Frozed Rotor Slotted" is listed for only the front, and the "Power Slot Cryo Rotor" is listed for only the rear. I would think most people would not order either of these since they want matching rotors on all four corners.
All Fixed! I just added the Rear Frozen Rotors Slotted to the website for the 06 and 07 Titans. Sorry about the delay.

Have A Great Weekend!

·
Registered
58 Posts
BHMTitan said:
Ya that was my concern also.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Frozen Rotors said:
Im gunna take a wild guess that you have a 2006 or 2007 Titan. If so, yes we can get you a frozen rotor slotted for the rear. A Frozen Rotor Slotted for the rear of a 2006/2007 Nissan Titan will run you $168.50 per rotor. The reason we decided not to list them on the site was because we could not compete with the price of the power slot cryo ($140.74) To answere your second question, no power slot does not have a rotor for the front of the 2006-2007 Nissan Titan. If I would have realized this earlier I probably would have listed the Frozen Rotors Slotted for the rear, seeing that power slot doesnt make rotors for the front. Sorry for all the confusion. Please let me know if you still are unclear. Also you can call toll free 1-888-323-8456 ask for John
I have a 2004 Titan but according to a past post of yours you said the 2006-2007 rotors are the upgrade for the 2004-2005 rotors and that we should order the 2006-07 rotors.So the year shouldn't matter in my case.
The other question I asked is about the cadmium plating.Do the frozen rotor have this plating like the power slots do?

·
Vendor
41 Posts
Bassman3 said:
I have a 2004 Titan but according to a past post of yours you said the 2006-2007 rotors are the upgrade for the 2004-2005 rotors and that we should order the 2006-07 rotors.So the year shouldn't matter in my case.
The other question I asked is about the cadmium plating.Do the frozen rotor have this plating like the power slots do?

The Frozen Rotors Slotted are not cadmium plated, however most come with black e-coating, which provides the same level of protection against rust and corrosion. Whether or not the rotor comes with black e-coating all depends on who we source the rotor from, and right now I cant guarantee where I will get the rotor from. In the past we have sourced most of our Titan rotors from Brembo, and these rotors do not come with any coating/plating.

We can cadmium plate any Frozen Rotor or Frozen Rotor Slotted on a custom order, please call for a quote 1-888-323-8456

·
Premium Member
17,244 Posts
06_SMOKE_SE_CC said:
anyone install any of these yet? i'm curious how you like them as i will be looking to upgrade the brakes shortly...

sdtitan1, bestatchess, you guys have them yet??
I put the Power Slot cryos on with Akebono pads yesterday. One thing I liked is that they are coated in some white stuff (cadmium?) rather than being coated with anti-rust grease that you have to spend time and brake cleaner to clean off. Of course the plating wears off the contact surfaces after a few miles.

They seem fine so far. No shaking, vibration or noise. Akebono recommends moderate braking for awhile after installation, so I haven't really dropped the anchor hard just yet. But it won't be long with all the deer and elk on the road.

I went around the truck three times when bleeding until no air bubbles at all. (think the dealer or discount brake shop will do that?) Very firm pedal. Also, CRC makes disc brake quiet in spray cans now, very very nice. Remember to grease the caliper slide pins and pad slides.

It is amazing how little wear the rear brakes get. My front pads were worn to the bone after 50K, yet the rears were still at like 80% new.

I also changed the parking brake shoes (big channel locks for the clips and needle nose vise grips for the springs). Mine were badly burned (Yeah, I left the brake on a few times) and soaked in rear diff oil (from a previous rear axle seal leak). Astounding difference. Yes, nonbelievers, the parking brake will actually hold the truck on a steep hill in neutral.

I bought complete seal kits and new pistons for all the calipers, but the old ones still looked fine, so I didn't use them.

·
Vendor
41 Posts
bestatchess said:
Yes, why? There are a few good reviews of those pads on this forum. They seem pretty grippy to me so far.
Ceramic brake pads are junk! Dont get the wrong idea here, I'm not bashing Akebono brand products at all. I sell Hawk and Performance Friction whom both manufacture a ceramic line of brake pads, but I refuse to sell them on my site.

I have sold hundreds if not thousands of sets of Frozen Rotors for the Nissan Titan platform, and the ONLY time I ever have comebacks is when the customer runs ceramic pads. Ceramic pads tend to heat check rotors, and many times cause pad material transfer onto the surface of the rotor giving the same feel or effect of a warped brake rotor. Ultimately it's the customers choice what pads they want to run, but just please don't blame the Cryo rotors in 5-10k miles from now if your ceramic pads cause problems!

·
Premium Member
17,244 Posts
Frozen Rotors said:
Ceramic brake pads are junk! Dont get the wrong idea here, I'm not bashing Akebono brand products at all. I sell Hawk and Performance Friction whom both manufacture a ceramic line of brake pads, but I refuse to sell them on my site.

I have sold hundreds if not thousands of sets of Frozen Rotors for the Nissan Titan platform, and the ONLY time I ever have comebacks is when the customer runs ceramic pads. Ceramic pads tend to heat check rotors, and many times cause pad material transfer onto the surface of the rotor giving the same feel or effect of a warped brake rotor. Ultimately it's the customers choice what pads they want to run, but just please don't blame the Cryo rotors in 5-10k miles from now if your ceramic pads cause problems!
OK, I won't whine.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I just visited your site and it only lists slotted rotors for the rear. I can get them for the front, right?

When is the group buy? Throw us a deal and I bet you will get a pile of orders!!! Hurry, before everyone spends their refund checks!!!

41 - 60 of 80 Posts