Nissan Titan Forum banner

61 - 80 of 80 Posts

·
Vendor
41 Posts
Carolina BBQ said:
I just visited your site and it only lists slotted rotors for the rear. I can get them for the front, right?

When is the group buy? Throw us a deal and I bet you will get a pile of orders!!! Hurry, before everyone spends their refund checks!!!
Yes you can get them for the front, $167.15 per rotor. That is why we did not list them on the site because we could not compete with the price of the Power Slot Cryo, $140.04 per rotor.

There is already a group buy in action. Go to Frozen Rotors in the supporting vendor section and look for the thread titled "frozen rotors promo code" Thanks to all of you so far for your orders!

·
Registered
383 Posts
So is there a big difference between the non slotted rotor and the 5X3 slotted ones (enough to justify spending the extra $$). Is it necessary to change out the rears when doing the fronts? I would like to change the fronts first and later on change out the rears. Which pads would you reccomend with each rotor?

aloha, Derrick

·
Vendor
41 Posts
grpape said:
So is there a big difference between the non slotted rotor and the 5X3 slotted ones (enough to justify spending the extra $$). Is it necessary to change out the rears when doing the fronts? I would like to change the fronts first and later on change out the rears. Which pads would you reccomend with each rotor?

aloha, Derrick
Slotted rotors are not any more warp resistant nor do they last any longer than non slotted rotors, they just slightly increase stopping power. so if you want a little extra stopping power than yes you will want the slotted version. I usually reccomend slotted rotors for people that use their trucks to tow heavy loads. If your truck is just a daily driver, you really dont need slotted rotors.

You dont have to change the rears at the same time as the fronts.

I would reccomend the Hawk LTS compound pads for your truck.

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
so, you offer front 08 discs? if I want to upgrade to 08 larger brakes is there any possibility of getting brembo interested in doing some 4 piston caliper stock 08 replacements?

the 08s have larger brakes and stop better... alot of guys would be interested imo of a slight upgrade over the 04-07 brakes myself included. and I'd be VERY interested in some 4 caliper cryo rotor upgrades... I'd need 08 stock calipers to do the 08 brake conversion, so may as well upgrade to a 4 piston high performance caliper all one time :D . I know the chances are slim, but since you have pull with brake companies I figure you could at LEAST research interest here and bring it up to the brake manufacturers :D

also, I'm gonna be getting some stuff for the wifes car this week probably, is there a remote possibility you guys can ship usps priority mail to HI? flat rate boxes can fit easily a pair of rotors and pads and it's $13 for the 12"x12"x5.5" box :D thanks John!

Tom

·
Vendor
41 Posts
Hawaiianbasshead said:
so, you offer front 08 discs? if I want to upgrade to 08 larger brakes is there any possibility of getting brembo interested in doing some 4 piston caliper stock 08 replacements?

the 08s have larger brakes and stop better... alot of guys would be interested imo of a slight upgrade over the 04-07 brakes myself included. and I'd be VERY interested in some 4 caliper cryo rotor upgrades... I'd need 08 stock calipers to do the 08 brake conversion, so may as well upgrade to a 4 piston high performance caliper all one time :D . I know the chances are slim, but since you have pull with brake companies I figure you could at LEAST research interest here and bring it up to the brake manufacturers :D
Well, Brembo does make a big brake kit for the front of the Nissan Titan. It comes with 8 Piston calipers and 380x34 2-piece rotors. This kit sells for around $4,500. Thats about your only option if you want Brembo Calipers. I like your idea about making 4 piston brembos work with your factory rotors but, even if this were somehow possible, the time and funds it would take to develop such a setup would probably be more than the $4.5K brake kit they already offer.

Now unless your running 44" tires and have your engine supercharged with NOS this kit is over kill! If you want increased performance over stock just go with Frozen Slotted Rotors, Hawk Pads and some stainless steel brake lines. This will make a huge difference. Trust me, this is the setup we do for the humves over in the sandbox and they say its a night and day difference in stopping power over stock.

Hawaiianbasshead said:
also, I'm gonna be getting some stuff for the wifes car this week probably, is there a remote possibility you guys can ship usps priority mail to HI? flat rate boxes can fit easily a pair of rotors and pads and it's $13 for the 12"x12"x5.5" box :D thanks John!

Tom
wow what is it with you HI boys and flat rate boxes? I feel like im an ebay seller haha. It all depends if it will actually fit in a flat rate box. I had another guy on here earlier today ask the same question.... and I had to tell him that it will not work, Nissan Titan rotors are 13" in diameter and WILL NOT FIT IN A 12"x12" BOX! Please call to place the order for your wifes car and we can determine then if it will work with her parts.

Cheers,

John Brick
FrozenRotors.com

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
have you ever shipped rotors to HI? you're talking $100 via ups at which point I'd just get some stock 08s locally with 08 calipers *specially if I can find a wrecked titan or two :D * + hawk pads from you guys. I just get sick of paying shipping. plus with the posibility of me having to deal with the shipping company should something go wrong in transit.. I drive like an idiot so I need as much stop as I can get to match what I push on the go pedal... as for brakes, I think stillen has a large brake conversion for like $1500 you guys can't source that by any chance?

As for the jetta, definitely keep you posted as I need to order them sometime this week... so I'm researching if I can use the GTI big brake factory option...

·
Vendor
41 Posts
Hawaiianbasshead said:
have you ever shipped rotors to HI? you're talking $100 via ups at which point I'd just get some stock 08s locally with 08 calipers *specially if I can find a wrecked titan or two :D * + hawk pads from you guys. I just get sick of paying shipping. plus with the posibility of me having to deal with the shipping company should something go wrong in transit.. I drive like an idiot so I need as much stop as I can get to match what I push on the go pedal... as for brakes, I think stillen has a large brake conversion for like $1500 you guys can't source that by any chance?

As for the jetta, definitely keep you posted as I need to order them sometime this week... so I'm researching if I can use the GTI big brake factory option...
Yes I ship to HI all the time, and I understand that freight is expensive. I have no problem shipping this stuff out to you via the USPS, but these dimension rotors will not fit in a 12" box. Let me know what all you want and I can get you a shipping price on parcel post with the post office. It wont be $13 however it will also not be a hundred something either. I could probably get you a set of rotors and a set of pads out to HI for around $50. thats not much more than shipping to CA using UPS.

Also you made the comment "I just get sick of paying shipping. plus with the posibility of me having to deal with the shipping company should something go wrong in transit.." This is why I dont like to ship with the post office, because we tend to have problems with them. In the 13 years I have been using UPS and the millions of pounds of freight I have shipped with them, I have had only 3 problem shipments! You get what you pay for in the freight business, and while UPS might be a little expensive to HI, they get the job done!

As far as the Stillen big brake kit, I only sell Brembo Big Brake Kits. However what you could do is buy the kit from stillen and ship me the rotors for cryo. We charge $56 per rotor for treatment.

Let me know what I can do to help you guys out. I dont mean to come off as a prick, I'm right there with you, this cost of energy/freight is insane. I will do whatever I can to get you the products you want at a resonable price for freight.

·
Vendor
41 Posts
roy365 said:
Hey Mr. Frozen Rotors.....you state you sell Brembo? Just out of curiousity how much would you have charged me for my Gran Turismo kit i have? Also do you sell replacement pads ans rotors for the Gran Turismo setup???

Thanks in advance.
Hi,

Retail on the kit is $4,550.00

If you want to have the rotors cryo treated it would be an extra $112, which is a no brainer seeing that this will make the rotors last 2-3 times longer!

Yes, we sell the replacement rotors and pads for that setup. Infact I can even get Hawk Brake Pads for that caliper!

Let me know what you need

Cheers!

·
Banned
6,454 Posts
Frozen Rotors said:
Hi,

Retail on the kit is $4,550.00

If you want to have the rotors cryo treated it would be an extra $112, which is a no brainer seeing that this will make the rotors last 2-3 times longer!

Yes, we sell the replacement rotors and pads for that setup. Infact I can even get Hawk Brake Pads for that caliper!

Let me know what you need

Cheers!
Thanks for your reply.

I had some issues with the first two sets of pads Brembo gave me. They just wouldnt bed right. Then they produced a better pad for me and it has worked great ever since. I wonder how the Hawk pads would work instead of the Brembo's. That is a fair price for the setup......if the break in works correctly. :)

Glad to know you carry replacement parts for Brembo!!!! :hat:

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
Just ordered a set for my 04 front end. My Second set of Nissan "fixed" rotors lasted me all of 30K. Best part is they told me for them to replace my rotors was going to be 620 bucks!!!! I told them for another set of rotors that are only going ot last 30K of light driving, they could shove it!!!! Frozen rotors, I hope, will be leaps and bounds better than the factory rejects. I'm kind of poor right now, so I'll have to do the rear at a later date, mostly for looks. Quick question, how come the rear discs are 10 cents more than the front and they weight less?????????

·
Vendor
41 Posts
Quick question, how come the rear discs are 10 cents more than the front and they weight less?????????
the price has nothing to do with if they are fronts or rears. The cost all comes down to how much they were able to bid the materials for at the time of casting. Our formula for the cryo service is always the same whether its for a Ferrari or a Honda Civic.

Cheers!

John Brick
FrozenRotors.com

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
Just curious, no complaints here.

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
Put them on this weekend, and I love them already!!! Almost killed myself getting the two bolts of the back of the calipers off, but a 1/2 inch breaker bar and a bunch of lube later they were off. Great product!!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Do you still offer discounts to tt members? I need to order some hawk pads(fronts only). Also are there any tips or tricks for changing these out? I have done brake jobs before but this is my first 4x4. Do the same rules apply?
Thanks,
Jeff

·
Registered
6,182 Posts
Do you still offer discounts to tt members? I need to order some hawk pads(fronts only). Also are there any tips or tricks for changing these out? I have done brake jobs before but this is my first 4x4. Do the same rules apply?
Thanks,
Jeff
Looks like you can get 10% off if you buy the front rotors too, or 15% for all four corners. http://www.titantalk.com/forums/fro...oup-buy-frozen-rotors-2009-a.html#post1905514

Installation: http://www.titantalk.com/forums/titan-faq-howto-area/84176-installation-frozen-rotors-hawk-pads.html

·
Registered
185 Posts
Does anyone know how comparable the 20lb power slot cryo treated rotors are to our stock 04-07 titan rotors? I want to reduce my unsprung weight so I'm getting rid of the trailer hitch, rear bumper and trying to get some lighter better brakes. Oh and I don't know if anyone knows the skinny but the promo code doesn't seem to work on frozen rotors web site anymore. I'll be calling them about this and will post something up soon.

·
Premium Member
15,662 Posts
I ordered my set of front rotors and hawk pads from you guys a few weeks ago. Excellent communication and fast shipping! I found a promo code that says its for 4 rotors, at 15% off, but it worked even on my 2 rotors.

I put them on last weekend, and although i havent put the 200 miles on them yet for breakin, i am very impressed. smooth as butter, and takes a lot less pedal to come to a slow stop.

frozen rotors + hawk LTS pads = The WIN!

·
Registered
378 Posts
I ordered my set of front rotors and hawk pads from you guys a few weeks ago. Excellent communication and fast shipping! I found a promo code that says its for 4 rotors, at 15% off, but it worked even on my 2 rotors.

I put them on last weekend, and although i havent put the 200 miles on them yet for breakin, i am very impressed. smooth as butter, and takes a lot less pedal to come to a slow stop.

frozen rotors + hawk LTS pads = The WIN!

What promo code did you use? I'm due for a set of brake pads (and possibly rotors) on my 2008 Titan.

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
needing front pads as well, been drinking tho so not sure how much sense my double email made lmfao. sorry bout that guys. I'll be back on it tomorrow more or less sober lmfao... ok, we're supposed to drink tomorrow so maybe not a good idea :cheers:

61 - 80 of 80 Posts