Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Administrator
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We would like to welcome GTM Performance Engineering as our newest supporting vendor!

Please take a moment to visit their site: GTMPOWER.COM

·
Registered
2,986 Posts
Very nice!!!!

·
Registered
231 Posts
Very interested in your Stroker Kit but there does not seem to be any description of it on your site ie, components, materials used, etc. Of course I will have to save up for a while for this kit but is there anything else required to make this kit run properly or is it all inclusive? Thanks!

·
Premium Member
12 Posts
Very interested in your Stroker Kit but there does not seem to be any description of it on your site ie, components, materials used, etc. Of course I will have to save up for a while for this kit but is there anything else required to make this kit run properly or is it all inclusive? Thanks!
Thanks for bringing that to our attention. We'll get that taken care of.

Like any stroker kit, it comes with a crankshaft, pistons, piston rings, wrist pins, and connecting rods.

·
Registered
231 Posts

Like any stroker kit, it comes with a crankshaft, pistons, piston rings, wrist pins, and connecting rods.
Thank you for the quick response! Do you currently have any expected power gains?

·
Registered
5,748 Posts

Any block clearancing or machine work needed to make it work, other than punching out the cylinders...?

·
Premium Member
21 Posts
Thank you for the quick response! Do you currently have any expected power gains?
My pleasure. As with any stroker kit, horsepower will stay the same if nothing else changes. Torque, however, will increase as a percentage of the displacement increase. In the case of the VK56, you would get a 7% increase in torque. The torque curve will also shift to the lower rpm range. Also, since torque is what ultimately gets your truck moving, it will feel faster with a stroker.

Remember, horsepower is made in the cylinder heads...not the short block.

That all said, increasing the displacement is a good way to set yourself up for more power with cylinder head porting, cams, etc. if you are staying NA. Whenever we've done a stroker in conjunction with forced induction, the gains are very impressive to say the least.

Any block clearancing or machine work needed to make it work, other than punching out the cylinders...?
Yes, there is a small amount of clearancing that needs to be done for the stroker crank. Most of the displacement increase is from the increased stroke of the crankshaft, so a 0.020" overbore is all that is needed.

·
Registered
617 Posts
They're still in business, its just hard to reach them.

Reactions: DirtDropPhil

·
Premium Member
20,599 Posts
Stealth Sponsor. :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
The reasaon why i am asking is because i wrote several mails, ordered parts and got not one reply.

Dammed... The aftermarket support for the VK seems to be jinxed... :(

But thanks for your responses...

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
Yeah unfortunately Ive heard not to good of feedback from these guys even though Ive never heard of anyone having their stroker kit installed and running but like you said DDphil strong aftermarket support is hard to find on the forum other than the mainstay of our sponsors which still exist!!

Reactions: DirtDropPhil
1 - 17 of 17 Posts