Nissan Titan Forum banner

21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
562 Posts
When you put an airlift kit, air shocks or load levelers on a truck you normally want to put Heavy Duty Monotube shocks on the front to prevent sway.

Here's my suggestion for the Fronts:

Manufacturer: Bilstein Brand: BST HEAVY DUTY
Part Number F4-BE5-B623-H0 $90.85 each

Air shocks are recommended if you are towing to keep the rear of the truck level from the load applied.

Here's my suggestion for the Rears:
Manufacturer: AIRLIFT Brand: Airlift 1000 Air Spring Part Number 59554 $214.33 each

Allows up to 2,000 lbs. of leveling support for towing and hauling.

Feel free to contact me with any questions you may have!
Interesting. I had been looking at the 5100's for the front and back. Maybe with the Roadmaster Active Suspension right now on the rear, the HD shocks would be a better choice. I mainly want to get rid of the clunk - it always sounds bad when it happens.

The Roadmaster Active Suspension does a great job of keeping the rear up and has eliminate any sway or bounce. I've got the Airlift's on a different vehicle so I'm familiar with them. I might add them if I get a heavier tow trailer or a fifth wheel. I thought the 1000 was 1000 lbs total, not 1000lbs per spring.

I guess heavy is a relative term. I probably have 500lbs of junk in truck (including wood). Trailer only puts 350lbs of tongue weight. In the future, we'll get a bigger trailer and the tongue weight will go up some.

·
Supporting Vendor
106 Posts
So, that Rancho RS19536-? series is comparable to the ProComp EXP59008BMX MX2.75 Series Coilover??

Coil Over Shock Absorber

If so, then your prices are far more attractive.
The Rancho's are much better than the ProComp's and we carry them - they are made to order, so it's a custom order. You place the order and it'll take 2 weeks to get to us, so you would be looking at 3 weeks to receive them.

·
Supporting Vendor
106 Posts
Dr, what type of shocks did you purchase?

That would be the Bilstein HD version, part # F4-BE5-B624-HD.

Regards
No, they can only be mounted one way.

The Bilstein engineers would have valved and built the inside to work one way or the other.

Typically on a shock where the boot is meant to go down, the Bilstein label writing will be right side up, meaning readable. The bottom boot will be an accordion boot. Usually the boot will have 3 small holes in it to let out any moisture or condensation.

There is no performance advantage to mounting the shock incorrectly. It would most likely hurt performance.

·
Registered
2,579 Posts
I've got an 07' 4wd with a 6" pro comp lift stage 1. I removed the sway bar because is was making a racket and now the truck has a rolling bounce at highway speeds. What wold be the best (stiffest) shock for me? The Bilsteins F4-BE5-B623-HO look good but your opinion would be appreciated. Also, can that shock be had in a different color? Not too fond of the yellow and blue.
Thanks,

·
Registered
9,147 Posts
I've got an 07' 4wd with a 6" pro comp lift stage 1. I removed the sway bar because is was making a racket and now the truck has a rolling bounce at highway speeds. What wold be the best (stiffest) shock for me? The Bilsteins F4-BE5-B623-HO look good but your opinion would be appreciated. Also, can that shock be had in a different color? Not too fond of the yellow and blue.
Thanks,
Keep in mind that PRG showed a Bilstein 5100 OEM length that collapsed under a ProComp 6" Stage I Spacer. Whatever you get, I would think you'll want it to made for a 6" Lift so you can dump those spacers. Personally, I picked up a small bucket of heavy duty all purpose grease from Home Depot and drenched my Sway Bar Bushings in it and kept the Sway Bar on because it didn't feel right without it.

·
Registered
2,579 Posts
I follow ya, so a longer shock and remove the PC coilspacer? I'm hoping the heavy duty version would be tough enough, the stock shock has been holding up well so far without collapsing. You gotta fighure that the shock that Greg showed was probably from some crazy californian jumping his truck. I don't jump.
Thanks Pops.

·
Registered
9,147 Posts
Yea, I'm sure it was pushed but he was showing how the Lift Kits are designed for OEM shocks and not Aftermarket shocks. It was the the bottom bolt ring that buckled. It's enough reason to consider going for a longer shock and dumping that PC coilspacer, especially for the price that these guys are selling those Rancho Coilovers for. It'll be awhile before I look at getting any but these options are looking better so far. I just want to know what our options are so I don't have to make an irrational decision when the time does come.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Bilstein F4-BE5-B624 Installation Orientation

FYI,

I purchased shocks from you last week. Your website and our corrspondance (your reply) stated the Bilstein F4-BE5-B624 rear shocks mount boot (rod) down, incorrect. The shock body mounts down (rod up) as the ends are different sizes.

Regards

Attachments

·
Registered
187 Posts
Is everyone still getting good service from this vendor? I've had nothing but bad experiences from them in the past few months!!! Ordered some 5100's in October 2010, paid for and everything, got a call late October saying they got them in stock and to call within 48 hours if I still want them otherwise the order gets cancelled. First off, what if I'm out of town and don't get the message? I never cancelled the order, so of course I still want them!!!! Whatever, I was home and called back, left a message to please send them and left it at that. Few weeks go by and nothing shows up. Call them and they tell me I never called so they went to the next in line!!! WTF?!!? I paid, they have my money and they give them to someone else???

Ok, fine, they say they'll ship early Dec now, ok, that will work I guess. Called them today and they now say they won't have them until Jan 2011!!! Now I'm pissed, this was supposed to be an xmas gift for my sister that I was going to install for her when I visit her in AZ. I ordered these two months ago to allow plenty of time to ship them and for me to swap the coils over before I go for my visit, now what??? All they say is, sorry, we can refund your money, that's about it!!!! So they've had my money for two months, had the parts in stock and decide to ship them to someone else. This really pisses me off, I expect much better from vendors off this site.

If "shockguys" is reading this, do you have any suggestions? I may consider going with the HD's if you have them in stock for the front of a Titan. Let me know if you have any idea how to keep my business, your customer service rep and GM had no ideas except to refund my money, which obviously doesn't help me get my parts in time for my visit to AZ to install them. Had I known you wouldn't have them, I would've ordered them from another vendor that has them in stock... :bangit:

·
Registered
187 Posts
Thank you shockguys for the quick response. I must admit, if anyone decides to order from shockwarehouse, do yourself a favor and contact shockguys first, I believe he will be up front with you and you won't be waiting for over two months and still not get your parts!!! He offered to send me the HD's, as they are in stock which was fine with me, but I had already cancelled my order and ordered from another vendor that had what I wanted in stock. I can't recommend shockwarehouse, but you might be ok if you deal direct with shockguys...

One other opinion of mine, this "national back order" they keep referring to??? Well I wonder why they have so much trouble obtaining the Bilsteins, I found them in stock from a couple vendors when they've been on "national back order" for months now!!!! Just seems kind of odd to me... :confused:

·
Supporting Vendor
106 Posts
Thank you shockguys for the quick response. I must admit, if anyone decides to order from shockwarehouse, do yourself a favor and contact shockguys first, I believe he will be up front with you and you won't be waiting for over two months and still not get your parts!!! He offered to send me the HD's, as they are in stock which was fine with me, but I had already cancelled my order and ordered from another vendor that had what I wanted in stock. I can't recommend shockwarehouse, but you might be ok if you deal direct with shockguys...

One other opinion of mine, this "national back order" they keep referring to??? Well I wonder why they have so much trouble obtaining the Bilsteins, I found them in stock from a couple vendors when they've been on "national back order" for months now!!!! Just seems kind of odd to me... :confused:
Sorry again for the way this situation turned out. The 5100s did come in off backorder, but because it' such a popular part, all of the stock we ordered of them past the outstanding orders was gone quickly. I obviously don't know anything about the other retailer where you found them, but I can say with almost certainty that their stock order of the parts came in probably on the same day that ours did. We're not lying about not being able to get parts, and we would obviously have been much happier with the whole situation if we could have shipped you your shocks on the day you ordered them. I'm glad to hear that at least you did get the shocks.

·
Registered
51 Posts
In the future, can you guys please put a status regarding items on your website whether or not they are in stock or backordered? I ordered some Bilstein HD's on 12/27, sent an email yesterday inquiring the status and were told they are backordered until 1/10/11. If I knew about this before hand, I may have looked elsewhere (unless the HDs are also on national backorder). I'm leaving town next Friday and was hoping to have these installed before hand.

·
Registered
616 Posts
The new code is clubtitan2011. They had to create a new one when I called and placed my order right after new years because the old one expired with the new year. I decided to wait a few days to give them a chance to post it up but they prob will since you asked for it. Also a question for shockguys. when i placed my order they said that I wouldnt be charged for the shocks until they were sent. I was told that you guys wouldnt receive a new shipment until around the 20th(?) (not quite sure of the date but I completely understand the backorder. I ordered them early expecting to have to wait a while to get them.) but tonight I noticed that the charge for them has come through on my credit card statement but didn't receive a shipment confirmation email. Any idea on whats going on? I'm just curious because if they actually did ship then I will wait to get my alignment, if not then I want to get it aligned as soon as possible so I can drive her again.

21 - 37 of 37 Posts