Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I still have not been able to clean the outside of the truck due to weather but here are a couple pics anyway. I have found an issue with what appears to be an assembly line problem. When looking at the back of your truck there are two welds on each side below the back window. The left side is fine but the right side is wider than the left side and not as clean of weld as the other side. I looked at the trucks on the lot and several are like this. Also I have a big “glob" of something between the bed and the cab. On some of the trucks there were also some but not like mine. I know this is a nit-picky thing but I am so darn particular I saw it right away. After paying what we all have I want it to be as perfect as it can be. I did take it to my dealer and I am having the service manager look at it on Monday. These pictures do not really show it well but I was wondering if the welds are the same on all of your trucks. As soon as I get this nasty beast cleaned up I will take some better pictures. Thanks for the help. I couold only put 5 pictures here so I wll post the rest in a minute.

Attachments

·
Registered
250 Posts
A body shop can clean up that weld , and do a repaint. But will the repaint be as durable as the original paint, and will it fade at the same rate? You may just be trading an immediate problem for a future problem.

·
Registered
9 Posts
static101 said:
I still have not been able to clean the outside of the truck due to weather but here are a couple pics anyway. I have found an issue with what appears to be an assembly line problem. When looking at the back of your truck there are two welds on each side below the back window. The left side is fine but the right side is wider than the left side and not as clean of weld as the other side. I looked at the trucks on the lot and several are like this. Also I have a big “glob" of something between the bed and the cab. On some of the trucks there were also some but not like mine. I know this is a nit-picky think but I am so darn particular I saw it right away. After paying what we all have I want it to be as perfect as it can be. I did take it to my dealer and I am having the service manager look at it on Monday. These pictures do not really show it well but I was wondering if the welds are the same on all of your trucks. As soon as I get this nasty beast cleaned up I will take some better pictures. Thanks for the help. I couold only put 5 pictures here so I wll post the rest in a minute.
I dont think you are being nit-picky. You expect to get a high quality piece of machinery for $30,000 +. You need to demand that they get it right. Most of the people who post here will support your high expectations for excellence. The people who have low expectations are out buying Chevys, Fords and Dodges...

·
Super Moderator
35,652 Posts
static101 said:
I still have not been able to clean the outside of the truck due to weather but here are a couple pics anyway. I have found an issue with what appears to be an assembly line problem. When looking at the back of your truck there are two welds on each side below the back window. The left side is fine but the right side is wider than the left side and not as clean of weld as the other side. I looked at the trucks on the lot and several are like this. Also I have a big “glob" of something between the bed and the cab. On some of the trucks there were also some but not like mine. I know this is a nit-picky think but I am so darn particular I saw it right away. After paying what we all have I want it to be as perfect as it can be. I did take it to my dealer and I am having the service manager look at it on Monday. These pictures do not really show it well but I was wondering if the welds are the same on all of your trucks. As soon as I get this nasty beast cleaned up I will take some better pictures. Thanks for the help. I couold only put 5 pictures here so I wll post the rest in a minute.
Here's mine. Mine appear to be ok. This is the right side so it would match the one that you have a problem with.

Attachments

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the pictures 37L1. It looks worse in the shop than outside but I can still see. I agree with you GeorgiaCracker but if they have to take off the bed I will let it go. Taking off the bed is to involved, dropping the gas tank, wiring harness etc. I am going to see what they say next week. There were about 4 that had this wavy weld in them so it has to be due to the line having an issue.

·
Registered
359 Posts
I just checked mine and everything looks normal on my welds...BTW, that's a beautiful White Titan, Static...I sincerely hope you can get an acceptable resolution to this weld problem...you certainly deserve one!

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Static101.....
HI...... Your truck sure looks great!!! I really like the way the White Looks on the Titans. I saw your pics,of the sloppy Welds on the Cab. I sure hope that these are the only problems you will have! I went out and took a look on my truck. Mine looks the same as yours, (as in thick gobs of material dripping at the bottom of the welds) It looks to me like it might be some kind of sealent or putty/caulk. I have seen this on alot of trucks I have onwed. On my Ford I had a problem with I dont want to call it putty because I'm not sure what they used but it crack all over on the top of the drip channels on the ruff of the cab, and almost the same globs of what ever sealent they use over the welds on the cab behind the box. They seem to put this stuff over the welds and channels. As Long as there is NO CRACKING of the WELDS and it's not in plan site, I'm ok with it. I took some pic of mine today and I will try to post tomarrow, This will be the first time I've have posted any pics ever, So I hope I dont have to many screw-ups! :)
Deepwater..

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi Deepwater. So far this is the only thing besides a small scratch in the dash by the mic plug that I can live with. I have inspected the entire truck so this was all I found. I can't wait to see your pictures. How do you like the truck? Since I have not seen too many posts I bet you are driving and loving it, except the radio. Thanks to you and all the members for your comments. I will keep you informed.

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
static101 said:
Hi Deepwater. So far this is the only thing besides a small scratch in the dash by the mic plug that I can live with. I have inspected the entire truck so this was all I found. I can't wait to see your pictures. How do you like the truck? Since I have not seen too many posts I bet you are driving and loving it, except the radio. Thanks to you and all the members for your comments. I will keep you informed.
Static.... Thanks Also to You!!
I've been working alot and we went out of town this weekend. The truck just keeps running better all the time! The more miles that I put on the truck the mpg keeps going up! I just came back from a 220 mile trip and was avg. 17.8 to 18.4mpg driving 60/67 mph. In the city it seems to avg. about 15.2 to16.4mpg. this is based on my nav.And the amount of gas it takes to fill up. I think that my new Tonneau is making a big diffrence in my mpg. before I had it on I was getting about 15/16 mpg on the Highway, so I've noticed the improvement with the Cover. This is by far the BEST TRUCK that I have ever owned! And it keeps getting better all the time. The RADIO is my only Disapointment with my truck. To Everybody, Heres to Many Happy Miles! :cheers:

·
Premium Member
2,369 Posts
Static,

Very happy to see you finally got your baby and I hope you feel the wait was worth it! As far as the weld, mine looks about the same and I am not concerned about it personally. I also have one 'glob' underneath the bed as well but I have seen this on many of the trucks we drove (Yes, I got in and out and all around on the trucks as we drove them). She sure looks purty in white but after our last white car (2k Grand Am) I swore to myself never again. She looked great clean but it used to take me hours to keep her so :upsidedow

Chris

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks CaliforniaTitan. Smoke Gray was my second choice and my favorite. I am opposite of you as I had this color before and living on a dirt road it was always dusty and we have the hardest water around!! Every spot showed on it and I was always keeping it waxed and cleaned. Either color is awesome and white is just more forgiving for me on water spots. I love the smoke!! I know I must be too picky but that weld bothers me to no end. Oh well I love the truck and it rides so good!! I need to get some miles on it so I can give a full report!!

·
Premium Member
2,369 Posts
And I can pretty much BET that driving those miles your face will be like this: :teethmast :teethmast :teethmast :teethmast :teethmast

Chris

·
Registered
250 Posts
static101 said:
There were about 4 that had this wavy weld in them so it has to be due to the line having an issue.
Maybe the robot welder was having a bad day? Was your truck from the first month's production?

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Nope. Just picked it up Thursday.Ordered it in late December and was produced late January or early Feb.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Nice truck static. Your right dont let them remove the bed. Thats asking for problems in my opinion. Dealers seem too never get them aligned right, and they always develope a rattle after being removed. You dont want the ford bed rattle trust me.. LOL I dought anyone will notice it, but if they do just tell them its TITAN TOUGH! They will understand..

1 - 16 of 16 Posts