Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was stayin' afloat with the truck payment, insurance, and gas bill...but as the gas crept higher and higher, and with wanting to save up for a house, i had to sell the titan :(

i really miss the truck, the v8, ridin' up high, but it just wasn't feasible anymore. maybe if boss man throws some more money my way i can go back in a couple years when a new model comes out :)

in the meantime i get to putt around in an 07 elantra. nice little car, it has its perks (31-34 mpg!) but i'll never have that feeling of gunning the throttle to get on the highway. thanks to all for your help in the past!

·
Registered
12,510 Posts
You trade it or sell it out right?? You could have pushed it instead of sell it!

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
We got creative once gas hit $3 here. My wife works 3 miles from the house, I am 23 miles from my work. We just swapped vehicles, and now instead of filling up every 6 days at $70 a pop, we fill her up every 2-1/2 - 3 weeks. AND I get her on Fridays and weekends. It makes Fridays extra special, especially since me and the guys BBQ on Fridays for lunch and having my beast is just one more reason to look forward to Friday.
What's that saying....absence makes the heart grow fonder? Sumpin' like that. :cheers:

·
Registered
12,510 Posts
CoachBoone said:
We got creative once gas hit $3 here. My wife works 3 miles from the house, I am 23 miles from my work. We just swapped vehicles, and now instead of filling up every 6 days at $70 a pop, we fill her up every 2-1/2 - 3 weeks. AND I get her on Fridays and weekends. It makes Fridays extra special, especially since me and the guys BBQ on Fridays for lunch and having my beast is just one more reason to look forward to Friday.
What's that saying....absence makes the heart grow fonder? Sumpin' like that. :cheers:
:eek2: You let your wife drive your Titan????

·
Vendor
32,925 Posts
CoachBoone said:

thats how you get around the high gas prices. Even thou you must really trust your wife

·
Registered
514 Posts
I'm not sure I have that much trust in my wife. I know she'd be sorry if anything happen but I went ahead and took care of the first dent myself.

·
Registered
3,921 Posts
I got tired of my wife wanting to drive my Titan so I made her buy one for herself. Gas bill sucks the money right out of the old wallet but she has a company gas card and I get reimbursed, thank goodness!!!

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
:grimrippe
Helinut1970 said:
:eek2: You let your wife drive your Titan????
Trust me, she KNOWS I'm inspecting my baby every time she pulls into the driveway. :domohit:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts