Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I got it on yesterday and I love it when I start it and rev it and when I'm just driving normal but when I get in to it a little or more so when I go WOT it's sounds like a 70 something chevy 350 with old cherry bomb glass packs and I do not like that at all.... I put a 3A racing tip on it from autozone but I'm worried I got the wrong one.... Does anybody have a pic of the inside of theirs? :ftard:

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
See if this helps... If you can zoom in you can see the baffles or whatever inside the tip...

Attachments

·
Registered
358 Posts
I'm guessing the sound you don't like is the CIS (card in spokes) sound. What size pipe did you use after the bullet? What size is the tip outlet?

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm guessing the sound you don't like is the CIS (card in spokes) sound. What size pipe did you use after the bullet? What size is the tip outlet?
Yeah that’s what it is “CIS” sound… :teeth: He was supposed to put in 3” cause that’s what the bullet it is… But I think the tip was smaller than 3’’…. Does the tip need to be bigger than that or something?

·
Registered
7,353 Posts
the tip should be 3.50 in , 4.50 out. the bigger the outlet on the tip the cleaner it will sound.

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
the tip should be 3.50 in , 4.50 out. the bigger the outlet on the tip the cleaner it will sound.
Dang I guess I messed up, Eddie could you post a link to the tip you had so I can get it swapped out please!!!!!! Thanks man

·
Registered
7,353 Posts
there's even one with a 5" outlet. i bet that one sounds clean and deeep

·
Premium Member
310 Posts
Here's the tips I got with mine and they are resonated, the inlet is 3'' and I think the outlet on them is 4.5'' or something close to that I don't have them on yet but have heard one set up with these tips and it sounded clean. the guy shipped them fast off ebay. This link is for a pair of them but im sure if you looked them up you could find a single, they are made by Wickedflow.
Best of luck finding the sound you want!

3" x 13" Double Wall Rolled Stainless Exhaust Tips Pair | eBay

Attachments

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Here's the tips I got with mine and they are resonated, the inlet is 3'' and I think the outlet on them is 4.5'' or something close to that I don't have them on yet but have heard one set up with these tips and it sounded clean. the guy shipped them fast off ebay. This link is for a pair of them but im sure if you looked them up you could find a single, they are made by Wickedflow.
Best of luck finding the sound you want!

3" x 13" Double Wall Rolled Stainless Exhaust Tips Pair | eBay
Thanks alot man I will look in to them...

·
Premium Member
310 Posts
no prob.. i cant wait to get back from work and get mine on. I guess they showed up on the front doorstep last night :D Good luck with yours

·
Registered
384 Posts

·
Registered
7,353 Posts
i just from autozone. they have a 3a 3.50 in 4.50 out reso tip for 29

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i just from autozone. they have a 3a 3.50 in 4.50 out reso tip for 29
I got the only one they had and it was the biggest... Midwest City autozone sucks I guess... I will be on the hunt for a better tip thats for sure because it sounds sweet till I get on it...

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

·
Registered
183 Posts
Thats the same tip I have. Got it from Autozone. I have a dynomax bullet on my T. When I had it put on I dumped it at first and the drone was too much for me,,I couldnt hear my son in the back seat, so I went back and had them put on a tailpipe and I added that tip. I still have really bad CIS when I get on it hard but it sounds awesome when idling and steady speeds.

·
Registered
261 Posts
do you still have stock exhaust manifolds? mine are cracked and when i hit the gas i get bad CIS and my manifolds are cracked and titans are notorious for cracking

·
Registered
183 Posts
Yes I have stock manifolds. I replaced one last yr bc it was cracked. When it was cracked I could hear the leak while it was running. I cant hear anything now on either side.

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
See i really really hate the CIS sound and I guess I'm going to try another tip and when money is right I'm either going to buy some walker B-pipes or have my exhaust guy cut the stock ones flange to flange and put a peice of pipe in there... If that doesn't get rid of the CIS sound then the bullet will be coming off and I will go to something else...

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
I know how you feel I have the same problem with CIS and i'm pretty sure you bought the same tip as me. I found one made by pilot that I am going to try. I think its a 3.5" in / 4.5" out

Attachments

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
I know how you feel I have the same problem with CIS and i'm pretty sure you bought the same tip as me. I found one made by pilot that I am going to try. I think its a 3.5" in / 4.5" out
Wow, how are you going to hide that under your truck?

1 - 20 of 29 Posts