Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well folks, being the Half Shovel that I am, I convinced my wife to stop in to the Nissan factory in Canton, Mississippi last Monday. We were on our way south to go to New Orleans for some good food and Jazz. I drove into the factory and went up to the security desk. I have to say, the factory is WAAY secure. I asked the lady at the desk if I could go on a factory tour:

"No."

I asked if I could just see the inside of the factory where Titans are being built:

"No."

I asked if she could check if there were going to be any tours that day at all:

"Come back in a year."

I mentioned that I'm with TitanTalk.Com and I just want to report back to their loyal customers about the Titan plant:

"Come back in a year."

I got nowhere. The thing is surrounded by razor wire and guards. Crazy. Oh well! I did take a picture which I'll post in a day or so. Couldn't fit the whole factory in, cuz it's like a MILE long.

HS

·
Premium Member
2,763 Posts
TIGHTIN said:
Damn,

I guess this kills the idea of a tour with the Possible group meet huh?

Oh well,

Colin

I doubt that the guard would be the final decision maker in our case. If we can get enough people to confirm that they would be there, I am sure that Nissan would be more than happy to open the doors to us. It is simply a matter of numbers.

I know I would be interested in driving down from Chicago to go on a tour and have a meet and greet. We just have to work out the details and get a firm count before we go to the Nissan Public Relations people and ask them to open the doors for us.

·
Registered
255 Posts
rrumaner said:
I doubt that the guard would be the final decision maker in our case. If we can get enough people to confirm that they would be there, I am sure that Nissan would be more than happy to open the doors to us. It is simply a matter of numbers.

I know I would be interested in driving down from Chicago to go on a tour and have a meet and greet. We just have to work out the details and get a firm count before we go to the Nissan Public Relations people and ask them to open the doors for us.

yeah i guess your prolly right RR. I def. hope that we can take a tour.

Colin

·
Registered
12 Posts
I drove past the plant last year for the first time and it is HUGE. It looks like a separate city and must be several miles long.

·
Banned
81 Posts
Makes you wonder what they're REALLY building there.

Think about it:

-This "Titan" plant opens just in time for the war in Iraq.
-Barbed wire and (Unknowingly to you) minefields surround this "peaceful little truck factory."
-The guard tells you to come back NEXT YEAR (When all the evidence is moved to the new "Tundra" plant in San Antonio).
-The plant is "as big as a city." Why so big? Perhaps to house an entire army of mercenary robots based on the Honda Asimo concept.

THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE!

:gunz: :flamed:

·
Premium Member
4,088 Posts
The tough security and barbed wire is to protect a huge cache of stockpiled coin trays! :jester:

·
Premium Member
3,487 Posts
munkeebinis said:
Makes you wonder what they're REALLY building there.

Think about it:

-This "Titan" plant opens just in time for the war in Iraq.
-Barbed wire and (Unknowingly to you) minefields surround this "peaceful little truck factory."
-The guard tells you to come back NEXT YEAR (When all the evidence is moved to the new "Tundra" plant in San Antonio).
-The plant is "as big as a city." Why so big? Perhaps to house an entire army of mercenary robots based on the Honda Asimo concept.

THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE!

:gunz: :flamed:
Are you related to Oliver Stone? :huh:

·
Registered
2,900 Posts
Bayou Titan said:
The tough security and barbed wire is to protect a huge cache of stockpiled coin trays! :jester:
now that is the funniest sh!t ive read in a long time. and probably closer to the truth than we all know.

·
Premium Member
2,763 Posts
Maybe they moved Area 51 to Mississippi.

Or how about this, they are keeping Godzilla in the building for study (they are a Japanese company after all). :)

·
Registered
330 Posts
Harnessing Godzilla's power for Titan Engine! No wonder strange noises have been heard near Canton! That growling sound you hear may be more than you think?

I knew something was special about this truck but now the truth is starting to come out!!

I say we get a convoy and demand a tour to see what's inside this thing! :gunz:

Or maybe what weez needs here is someone who speaks Mississippi. :jester:

·
Registered
56 Posts
Hey, does anybody know if the Canton plant is using those “sonic” hail disrupters. Those are the devices that point skyward and start firing sonic blasts into the clouds of a hail producing storm destroying the hail before it falls to the ground. I live in the San Antonio area and have had a few close calls with hail this past week and was wondering if the Nissan factory used this new system to protect the vehicles in the lot. That sure would be cool to use over my house. Of coarse clearing out my garage so my truck will fit would probably a little cheaper. :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Canton, MS

Hey Guys...I've been in the factory numerous times. I do Human Resources Training for one of Nissan's technical/computer suppliers. We have about 25 employees on-site and I have to go down every couple months to conduct training. It's an awesome facility. I was first there last November and it's the main reason I fell in love with the Titan. Fact is, I'm leaving tomorrow for Wednesday/Thursday training this week.

John B
LE CC 4X4 Tow Smoke

·
Super Moderator
34,510 Posts
jbarnby said:
Hey Guys...I've been in the factory numerous times. I do Human Resources Training for one of Nissan's technical/computer suppliers. We have about 25 employees on-site and I have to go down every couple months to conduct training. It's an awesome facility. I was first there last November and it's the main reason I fell in love with the Titan. Fact is, I'm leaving tomorrow for Wednesday/Thursday training this week.

John B
LE CC 4X4 Tow Smoke
Do a James Bond and bring a digital camera. . . .spy pics please :jester:

·
Registered
662 Posts
Hector313 said:
Hey, does anybody know if the Canton plant is using those “sonic” hail disrupters. Those are the devices that point skyward and start firing sonic blasts into the clouds of a hail producing storm destroying the hail before it falls to the ground. I live in the San Antonio area and have had a few close calls with hail this past week and was wondering if the Nissan factory used this new system to protect the vehicles in the lot. That sure would be cool to use over my house. Of coarse clearing out my garage so my truck will fit would probably a little cheaper. :)
Yep, there was a post awhile back on here that the plant is using those. I would hate to be nearby that plant when they fire those bad boys up...here is one article about them...http://www.wlbt.com/Global/story.asp?S=1628848&

1 - 16 of 16 Posts