Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
855 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i had the day off today, so me and a buddy decided to take a 30 min drive to the nearest Auto Wreckers, i need the plastic piece on the top of the tailgate ( dirt bike ramp cut/scratched it pretty good) any way i saw a blue looked to be 08 Titan king cab 4x4 looked to be in a roll over whold body was pretty wrecked, i started to look at the front suspencion as there are no tires or rims ect, i see a Pro Comp lift kit looks to be fore sure a 4'' but could be a 6''. it has the front spacers,shocks,coils(spring lookin things) and the contorl arms i think and in the back it has some pretty big blocks and u-boltsand shocks. i have some pics. im thinkon of goin back there to take the lift it looks to be in good condis. I might just buy some new shocks but other than that it looks good. I t looks to be from a 08, will it fir on my 05?

Attachments

·
Registered
3,655 Posts
it looks like it's off of a pro4x. even if ur 2wd, it'll still work on your '05. It seems kinda sketchy tho to put parts that have been in a rollover on your truck. i mean, after a wreck like that, the bracket might be pretty bent but you won't know that until you've taken it off and tried to put it on your truck. all i can say is GL!

·
Registered
855 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
im pretty sure its not a pro 4x but i could be wrong. all the parts look to be in good shape, but heres my question what do i all need to take for the lift kit? i knoe the rear is just the shocks,rear blocks and u-bolts. But the front will be tricky. If your good with lift kits can you help me out? theres the 2 front spacers that say Pro Comp,shocks, coils (spring things) what else do i need to take?

·
Registered
855 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
oh and the pic of the truck i posted is the wrong one, ill try to find the right one.

·
Registered
3,346 Posts
im pretty sure its not a pro 4x but i could be wrong. all the parts look to be in good shape, but heres my question what do i all need to take for the lift kit? i knoe the rear is just the shocks,rear blocks and u-bolts. But the front will be tricky. If your good with lift kits can you help me out? theres the 2 front spacers that say Pro Comp,shocks, coils (spring things) what else do i need to take?
k what you will need is a 14mm wrench this one will be use to take off the 3 top bolts on top of the coil bucket. then you will need a 19mm wrech and 22 mm socket with a torch wrench to take off the bottom of the coilover. after removing the whole coilover with the 4 inch spacer. you will need a torch if the bolts that are attach from the bottom of the spacer and coilover have blue lock tie. if they do have blue lock tie I REPEAT DON'T TRY TO USE JUST THE WRENCH because you will stip the nut. trust me i know. after that your done i suggchest to use your oem coilover if not blown and thats it simple........hope it helps easy instructions

·
Registered
855 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
like a little propain torch? and heat up the blue lock tie? so all i need to take from the front is, the shocks,coil and spacer? and all the nuts/bolts. does that lift look to be a 4''?

·
Registered
2,436 Posts
I think he meant a Torque wrench.

·
Registered
3,346 Posts
like a little propain torch? and heat up the blue lock tie? so all i need to take from the front is, the shocks,coil and spacer? and all the nuts/bolts. does that lift look to be a 4''?
yes the propane one. and you heat up the whole bolt for like 20 or so seconds. dont worry the black on the spacer wont come off even if you torch it. procomp uses great finishes. and no you need to take off the bottom brackets too. cause from what i know all procomp kits have brackets. that is those that use those spacers.unless their is one with no brackets but im a 100% sure their aint. you also need the spindles cause the ones that come with the kit are bigger. if you want also the stabelizing bars that go from the bracket to the chassis but they dont really help so its up to you if you wanna take em off. the rear blocks for sure and idk if the rear shocks are the MX6 they should look like the ones in the bottom pic. if not it might have all white shocks and read at the bottom explorer they are cheap so get new ones. the U bolts look pretty rusted but you will need those too just to take off the rust go buy a gallon of pool clorine its yellow and let them sit for about a day and then wipe them clean. the endlinks mmmm they suck but take em anyways and order some enlinks from Greg at PRG.

Here are all the parts you need.

·
Registered
3,346 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
I'd have to agree with Albonismo. Do you really want to put suspension parts from a totalled truck on your truck?

·
Premium Member
17,244 Posts
It is called Loctite, not lock tie. And yes, the high temp high strength version needs to be heated to 250 C and then you apply the wrench. And don't use a torque wrench. Use a breaker bar. If you have room, you can put a small piece of pipe over the handle of the breaker bar to increase your leverage.

·
Registered
2,486 Posts

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
I wonder if the interior is in good condition????the gauge cluster would be sweet it it'll fit any year titan

·
Registered
855 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

·
Registered
2,486 Posts
I dont know what?
The lift block isn't straight or centered on the perch, either someone did a crappy install or the suspension got tweaked in the accident and shifted things around.

At the very least I wouldn't trust any nut or bolt you pulled off the truck, including the u-bolts for the springs. Last thing you want is to have one fail (Stretched and weakened in the accident) driving down the road and end up in a wreck, injuring yourself or someone else.

Suspension is the one area that it really doesn't pay to take risks, IMO.

:cheers:

·
Registered
2,436 Posts
k what you will need is a 14mm wrench this one will be use to take off the 3 top bolts on top of the coil bucket. then you will need a 19mm wrech and 22 mm socket with a torch wrench to take off the bottom of the coilover. after removing the whole coilover with the 4 inch spacer. you will need a torch if the bolts that are attach from the bottom of the spacer and coilover have blue lock tie. if they do have blue lock tie I REPEAT DON'T TRY TO USE JUST THE WRENCH because you will stip the nut. trust me i know. after that your done i suggchest to use your oem coilover if not blown and thats it simple........hope it helps easy instructions
I only thought you said it because of that sentence.. my bad.

·
Registered
3,346 Posts
It is called Loctite, not lock tie. And yes, the high temp high strength version needs to be heated to 250 C and then you apply the wrench. And don't use a torque wrench. Use a breaker bar. If you have room, you can put a small piece of pipe over the handle of the breaker bar to increase your leverage.
well you know i ment Loctite........and no you dont need a breaker bar as soon as you heat the bolt for a couple of seconds it comes off with ease......

1 - 20 of 36 Posts