Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,346 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm needing new rear shocks for my Titan, and wanted to go with either Fox or King rear shocks. And will be leveling the rear soon so will need to get shocks that fit a 4" to 6" lift for rear. Either 2.0 remote reservoir or Piggy Back idk whats better??? As for which are the ones for the Titan i cant seem to find the right ones? or can i just buy any Fox 2.0 remote reservoir that measure a 4 to 6 lift and just slap them right in? Thanx for your guy's help.

·
Registered
6,345 Posts
Have you called [email protected]? or PRG? ... I have my PC stage 1 Rancho rear shocks sitting in a box in my garage and can bring them to you at the HB Meet if you want to try them, they were pulled off around 12k mark and were not abused... and they are FREE...

·
Registered
3,346 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
with a 4" block you need a 11" or 12" shock
well not a 4" block ill be running a Deaver C30 with a 1.5 or 2 inch block. K ill ask but any Fox shock that says 11" or 12" online will fit? meaning the bolt located on the bottom and top? all the same size? or what size is the Titan one?

Have you called [email protected]? or PRG? ... I have my PC stage 1 Rancho rear shocks sitting in a box in my garage and can bring them to you at the HB Meet if you want to try them, they were pulled off around 12k mark and were not abused... and they are FREE...
Sounds good. Yea im rolling with a set of MX6 but they are leaking lol and top out.

·
Registered
3,346 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
no you will need custom spacers from PRG or someone to bolt the shock in. Best bet is to buy from PRG so you get the right spacers and they come valved a ton better then an off the shelf shock

·
Registered
6,345 Posts
no you will need custom spacers from PRG or someone to bolt the shock in. Best bet is to buy from PRG so you get the right spacers and they come valved a ton better then an off the shelf shock
Uuuummmm, he's already lifted and my takeoff's are from my PC 1 lift kit, so they will work with 0 problems. As for the aftermarket shocks, both King and Fox make applications, just gotta make sure the length is sufficient. Again, I am sure either Scott or PRG can get you the correct application with Titan specific mounting and VALVING (most important). If you can get a set of Sway A Way rear reservoir shocks, those would be the best (I got mine when Greg had a pallet load of them)... Awesome ride no more bouncy rear end! :)

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
Uuuummmm, he's already lifted and my takeoff's are from my PC 1 lift kit, so they will work with 0 problems. As for the aftermarket shocks, both King and Fox make applications, just gotta make sure the length is sufficient. Again, I am sure either Scott or PRG can get you the correct application with Titan specific mounting and VALVING (most important). If you can get a set of Sway A Way rear reservoir shocks, those would be the best (I got mine when Greg had a pallet load of them)... Awesome ride no more bouncy rear end! :)
My post is a response to his original post, not yours. Calm down

·
Registered
7,353 Posts

·
Registered
6,345 Posts
My post is a response to his original post, not yours. Calm down
... always calm my friend... ;)

... and I was merely replying "both King and Fox make applications" already to slap'em in place... The point is you must call someone specifically to get the order correct, not order from a website then play phone tag after the correct length shocks are in the garage with Ford or Chevy mounting joints... (perhaps you should calm yourself as well???)

"everyday's a good day when you wake up and realize you're still alive... life's too short as it is for menial arguments over a pair of socks... I mean, shocks.):rofl:

:) Have a Nice Day! I mean that, too!

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
well not a 4" block ill be running a Deaver C30 with a 1.5 or 2 inch block. K ill ask but any Fox shock that says 11" or 12" online will fit? meaning the bolt located on the bottom and top? all the same size? or what size is the Titan one?

Sounds good. Yea im rolling with a set of MX6 but they are leaking lol and top out.

C30 and a 1.5" block is the same as a 4" block

·
Registered
3,346 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
C30 and a 1.5" block is the same as a 4" block
yea thats fine i might even do a 2 inch block. as long as i can get rid of the oem leafs cause those are sh*tty. You think ill be better off with the C30 and a smaller block them 3 inch?

·
Registered
6,345 Posts
yea thats fine i might even do a 2 inch block. as long as i can get rid of the oem leafs cause those are sh*tty. You think ill be better off with the C30 and a smaller block them 3 inch?
When I PRG'd mine, I added the C10, removed overload "spring", and left my 4" block... My SAW coilovers are cranked about 1 3/4" to level it... it's actually like a 7.75" lift now, taller than my buddy's 7" CST lift...

·
Registered
3,346 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
When I PRG'd mine, I added the C10, removed overload "spring", and left my 4" block... My SAW coilovers are cranked about 1 3/4" to level it... it's actually like a 7.75" lift now, taller than my buddy's 7" CST lift...
that's awesome. but hey im new on doing the rear of my Titan. When i add the C30 deaver that replaces my stock leafs that came with the Titan? or do they insert to the oem leafs?

·
Registered
6,345 Posts
that's awesome. but hey im new on doing the rear of my Titan. When i add the C30 deaver that replaces my stock leafs that came with the Titan? or do they insert to the oem leafs?
You remove the overload spring (flat thick bottom hunk of useless metal) and they slap right on the bottom of your existing leaf springs... make sure you have two large C clamps to help keep the leaf springs together so it'll be easier to disassemble and reinstall...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts