Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Is this a joke??? Com'on hendrix, if all you have on that furd is an intake and exhaust (and it's not a Lightning), nobody is going to waste there time on you. It would be like beating a one-legged man in an ***-kicking contest!

·
Registered
273 Posts
when you first join a forum your first post should be to introduce yourself. It's really rude to go to the "War Stories" forum to try and get somebody to race you. With that being said. If you ever want to race somebody besides a Titan let me know. I'm in KY around the Lexingotn area all the time. :gunz:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sorry guys. My name is Keith. I was drunk the other night bored and looking at everything on the internet. Found this site.

You guys are right, the new body style F150s are slower than hell.

My truck is a regular cab. Full bolt-ons - headers. = 4.10 gears and small diameter tires.

Best 1/8 mile to date was 8.98 @ 77.6 with a 1.93 60' time.

I'd say that beats most Titans. I have a supercharger in the mail right now. I'm hoping that will get me around a 12.75 1/4 mile. We'll see.

I like Titans.. Gotta respect the power.

Good Luck with your wars.

·
Banned
343 Posts
khendrix2374 said:
Sorry guys. My name is Keith. I was drunk the other night bored and looking at everything on the internet. Found this site.

You guys are right, the new body style F150s are slower than hell.

My truck is a regular cab. Full bolt-ons - headers. = 4.10 gears and small diameter tires.

Best 1/8 mile to date was 8.98 @ 77.6 with a 1.93 60' time.

I'd say that beats most Titans. I have a supercharger in the mail right now. I'm hoping that will get me around a 12.75 1/4 mile. We'll see.

I like Titans.. Gotta respect the power.

Good Luck with your wars.

Using the good ol 1/8 mile to 1/4 mile calculator, your running high 13's / low 14's? is this accurate? If so thats frekin sweet. Dude i saw a blown quad cab f150 run 14.5 up here in vegas which seems alittle slow for the power it should be making. Sounded bad *** tho!!!

·
Banned
343 Posts
Wvu_1 said:
Ya that is not to smart dude a titan would smoke u with that flowmaster in ur face.

Woaa we got a WVU fan in da house. MY entire family is from the morgantown area.

·
Registered
3,184 Posts
:crying: Regular cab huh? can't fit no one else but your own fat A$$ in there. Might as well buy a sports car and run mid 13's stock. Us TITAN guys buy trucks so we can tow and haul. I use my truck for everday use and annual road trips...something you can't do with a regular cab cuz you can't recline a seat. Nice meeting you Keith!

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
EVen a single cab...you've done alot to get that thing to run sub 9's in the 1/8 mile.

Intake, exhaust, and headers is not enough to get the 5.4 to run that well.

So come on...full story...what all have you done. Custom tune....CAM swap....heads.....aftermarket throttle body...

I'd say you might have been running drag radials too to get that 60' time....that that it's necessary....

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
I said bolt-ons MINUS headers. Custom tune/Efans/UD pullies/Exhaust/4.10s/28.5" tires. It runs consistant 9.0x in the 1/8. I'd say the 1/4 mile time is about 14.3-4 ish. I've never ran the 1/4 before.The power vs wind resistant really dies off up top.

No drag radials.. 295/45/18 Hankooks.

The truck is used like a truck. I use it to tow ALOT.

I can recline in my seats just fine. There is approx 1 foot of space behind the seats. I don't have kids so I don't need an extended cab. When I go on vacation, my girlfriend's and mine fit just fine behind the seat.

Any other nay-sayers?

Alot of guys with quad cabs put superchargers on their trucks and still run crappy times because they don't have the supporting mods to use the power. To get the most out of a blower, it needs spend some time on a dyno to get it dialed in. Traction bars to really get the power to the pavement. Lower the tire pressure so you have a wider footprint to launch on. Plus, the Quad cab guys have an extremely heavy truck. Any Quad cab truck could run high 13's if they set it up properly (with a blower).

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Dawgs77,

I would think your trap speed would be a little higher given the HP your puttin down. Nice times though!

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
I don't get Wide Open Throttle off the line until 40mph due to torque management....I only get 75%.

Also...the Titans' intake manifold is made strictly for Torque. They are really LONG!!! But this wipes out top end Horsepower.

Our dynos do a nose dive at 5200 rpms. And for some reason Nissan made this thing shift at 6000 rpms. So I have to go through two shifts in the 1/4 mile with my power going to crap for 800 rpms.

My stock wheels/tires are 32.5 inches tall. I do have some 275/50/17 M and H Racemasters that will be here on Monday. They are 28 inches tall. I think this will really help my 1/8 mile times and trap speeds. I think my 1/4 mile times will be better but I'm not positive about my trap speeds.

I will have to go through one more shift with these short tires. I'll hit 4th just before the end of the track I think.

If anyone can ever get this truck to shift at about 5400 rpms it would really help track times. And get that throttle opened up all the way off the line.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Dude, the smaller tires will not only help your short times, they will help over all time FOR SURE!

Especially if they grip better. Keep your tailgate raised. I've tested the lowering the tailgate myth alot. Leaving it down will help the 60' times, but wil hurt your top end by at LEAST a tenth. Unless you have a bed cover.. then leave it off.

Run the M&H tires at about 25LBS for a run or two. If you get spin (you will) lower about 2 lbs. Lower the PSI untill you get ZERO spin.

vegasTitan21: I will be in vegas on June 7 for nine days. Vacation BABY! i won't be n my truck though. You running faster than me in the 1/8th? You must have artificial induction (nitrous/blower). My supercharger will be here next week and I'll have new #s and a video. I won't have a dyno tune for a while though.

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
I don't think I'll have any problem with wheel spin....the M and H are drag radials. I can work pretty decent traction with my stock tires and get 2.1 60's.

So I don't see any problems with the Drag Radials...but I have never never ran them before...we shall see!!!

My best 60' was 2.09 to date. HOpefully I can lower that and go sub 2's.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts