Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Any pictures?

RI Xterra said:
The Safari bar in my eyes is better looking.
I agree, but I am wondering if anyone has a picture of either bar on a Titan? I like it since it kind of has that "Pre-Runner" look. I am REALLY interested in the Safari Bar myself but would have to see a picture before I could actually buy one.

·
Registered
359 Posts
TexasNissanDude said:
I agree, but I am wondering if anyone has a picture of either bar on a Titan? I like it since it kind of has that "Pre-Runner" look. I am REALLY interested in the Safari Bar myself but would have to see a picture before I could actually buy one.
I just added the Bull Bar to my Titan with photo software to get an idea of how it might look...I like the result...my apologies to Westin if the scale I used doesn't correctly depict how it would look but I just wanted a general visualization and they may have a forthcoming order from me...

·
Registered
230 Posts
Briarman said:
I just added the Bull Bar to my Titan with photo software to get an idea of how it might look...I like the result...my apologies to Westin if the scale I used doesn't correctly depict how it would look but I just wanted a general visualization and they may have a forthcoming order from me...

I like it! My list of add-ons keeps growing and growing. The wife is gonna shoot me for sure. :jester:

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Good job on the photo... ;)

It looks pretty good on the truck but I still don't like the Fake skid plate thingy..Thats why I like the Safari bar better....

·
Premium Member
3,487 Posts
Nice Job Briarman

Briarman said:

Good job on the photo. I'm thinking the bull bar might even look larger,
as I think you have to remove the tow hooks to install it.

As for the skid plate that RI Xterra doesn't like, it is removeable, and
some online sellers are charging extra for it.

The lights in the bar really make it look good, and would be nice if you
can hook them up to a factory toggle switch on the dash. Bet you
guys with LE's don't have any blank spots on the dash?

·
Premium Member
17,128 Posts
pagerdaddy said:

I have a Crew Cab LE that had two switch blanks, one at the lower left next to the pedal adjust switch and one in the center region near the cigarette lighter socket. The blanks are not actual switches, just covers that snap into the switch holes. You can pop them out and drill, file, cut, etc. as needed to mount your switch, then pop back in. I used one for a windshield wiper fluid heater and the other for heated wiper blades. The one near the cigarette lighter socket was handy, as I tapped the cigarette lighter socket for power for the wiper blade heaters (they only draw 4 amps and the passenger side socket is fused at 15 amps and shuts off with the key).

The real pain in the neck was getting the wires through the firewall and up to the dash. With some persistence, you can fish wires through the hood latch release cable grommet with a stiff wire. I used a coat hanger, but a smaller diameter, yet very stiff wire might be better.

If you really want a factory look, you could order a factory toggle switch and a matching snap in connector to couple the wires to the switch. Then wash or scrape off whatever indicia was on the switch (maybe they even sell unmarked switches?) and put your own decal on. Or maybe use the transparent tape in one of those little label printers and print "LIGHT BAR" on the transparent tape and stick it on the switch face.

·
Premium Member
2,763 Posts
That is a great idea. I am now going to talk to the dealer and order a couple of switches for my strobes. Better to have them hard-wired than to use up all the 12V outlets.

·
Registered
48 Posts
pagerdaddy said:

I might be a little warry here -- if you run the possibility of hitting deer on the road, depending on where the top of the bar would hit the grill, you might be better off without the bull bar, at least this one. I have seen pics of lower quality (not Westin) bars that were mashed into the grill and radiator of full size and mid SUVs. In those cases they would be better off without. If you mostly drive city or have few deer in your area, no big deal. If it's real beefy, probably no problem.

Anybody think that this would increase the approach angle too much? Hard to tell from the pics that are put together here.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Westin makes a great product.. That being said... I don't like that you must remove skthe factory id plate.... That you can only install lights 6" in diameter or less.. and most importantly... you can't keep the tow hooks...
Just my .02 cents.. Seems it's mostly a consumer item that doesn't fit how most people with 4x4 trucks live... even though I don't spend lots of time off road.. I wouldn't want to give up the skid plate.. and especially the tow hooks... Even an add on light bar with the same shape would be great..
Just my .02 cents..

1 - 13 of 13 Posts