Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm considering in buying a Westin or a Hunter Black Bull bar. Does anyone own any? Please post pics.

I'm more concern of the quality of the bumper. My questions are:
  1. Which one has better quality metal?
  2. How long have you had it for?
  3. Does it rust?

Of course, the better quality it is, the tougher the metal. If you pay a lower price for the same look, but the bar is crap, then it's worthless. But if the cost is cheaper, while the metal is of the same quality, it's better to get the cheaper one.

I've read some reviews comparing the airies versus the westin, and it seems that the westin has better quality metal. I wonder how it compares to the Hunter bull bar.

Here are my pro's and cons for the two bars:
Westin
Pros:
-Skid plate gives it a good look.
-Easy installation, at tow hooks.
-The sideview looks better than the Hunter.
Cons:
-A lot of people have them on the road.

Hunter
Pros:
-The extra bars at the bottom gives it a offroad look.
-Cost less than a Westin.
-The front looks more tough compared to the westin.
Cons:
-The sideview looks kind of funky. There's a small extension to it, and it doesn't look complete. The 3" pipe is short.

Westin Front View:

Hunter Front View:

Westin Side View:

Hunter Side View:

Westin Angle View:

Hunter Angle View:

Any additional inputs?

·
Registered
417 Posts
I bought a SS westin about 4 months ago off Ebay for $150!!!! Have not hit anything with it. Looks great when it is not covered with salt and slush. Just bought some off road lights for it but waiting for it to warm up before I install them.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I bought a SS westin about 4 months ago off Ebay for $150!!!! Have not hit anything with it. Looks great when it is not covered with salt and slush. Just bought some off road lights for it but waiting for it to warm up before I install them.
Do you have a pic? Notice any changes in your gas efficiency? Did it drop some?

·
Registered
2006 Titan Crew Cab Big Tow Off-road, 315/70-17 BFG MT2, Rocky Road Sliders, Bully Dog GT tuner
91 Posts
Do you have a pic? Notice any changes in your gas efficiency? Did it drop some?
A bull bar has a VERY small effect on aerodynamics, you won't feel the gas hit any more than having another 50 lbs in your truck.

·
Premium Member
1,788 Posts
Made a few modifications to sink the lights into the hunter bull bar. Relocated the license plate so it doesn't stick out.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
37,152 Posts
I have the black Westin, you can see a pic in my sig.

I love it, it's great quality...I've had it on for 3 years now. I will tell you though that the black powdercoating turned to gray after one summer in the hot Florida sun. However, I bedlined it about a year ago and it looked better than when I first got it and the bedliner still looks like the day I sprayed it.

·
Premium Member
37,152 Posts

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
haha where did u find that pic of my truck(very first pic you posted, its even when she was stock height)? i dont even have that one anymore lol....i love my westin wouldnt have got any other...there better built imo and def look better and meaner than the others thats why i went with it

1010001215b.jpg

P1000005.jpg

P1000011.jpg

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Made a few modifications to sink the lights into the hunter bull bar. Relocated the license plate so it doesn't stick out.
Love that bull bar! Do you have any close up of the side view? I like to see how it looks compared to a Westin. Thanks!

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I have the black Westin, you can see a pic in my sig.

I love it, it's great quality...I've had it on for 3 years now. I will tell you though that the black powdercoating turned to gray after one summer in the hot Florida sun. However, I bedlined it about a year ago and it looked better than when I first got it and the bedliner still looks like the day I sprayed it.
Bill - That's a badass T man! I have a white Titan as well. It looks somewhat similar. Are you able to park in a parking garage (ie, airport or hospital) with that lift?

Reactions: bills1974

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
haha where did u find that pic of my truck(very first pic you posted, its even when she was stock height)? i dont even have that one anymore lol....i love my westin wouldnt have got any other...there better built imo and def look better and meaner than the others thats why i went with it

View attachment 117485

View attachment 117486

View attachment 117487
Nice truck! So you are the owner to that truck! I actually googled "westin bull bar titan" and it was one of the first pics that came up. What are those lights in the front for? Are you a cop or something?

·
Premium Member
37,152 Posts
Bill - That's a badass T man! I have a white Titan as well. It looks somewhat similar. Are you able to park in a parking garage (ie, airport or hospital) with that lift?
Thanks man, some garages...I went down to the FLL airport recently and out of their 3 garages, they had one with 8' of clearance so I could use that one. A good majority of garages have just under 7' of clearance and I can't use any of them.

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
I've got the hunter bull bar and this is the 2nd one I've had (two different trucks). I had the chrome one on a previous truck and the black one on this truck. The first truck I had was 2wd and got stuck at the beach. The guy who helped me out attached the straps to the bull bar and no scratches, dings, or dents. I don't do any rock crawling or serious off-roading, so it has been fine for me.

Attachments

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks man, some garages...I went down to the FLL airport recently and out of their 3 garages, they had one with 8' of clearance so I could use that one. A good majority of garages have just under 7' of clearance and I can't use any of them.
How tall is your truck? is it over 7 feet?

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I've got the hunter bull bar and this is the 2nd one I've had (two different trucks). I had the chrome one on a previous truck and the black one on this truck. The first truck I had was 2wd and got stuck at the beach. The guy who helped me out attached the straps to the bull bar and no scratches, dings, or dents. I don't do any rock crawling or serious off-roading, so it has been fine for me.
Thanks for the pic and your input. It sounds like the metal is pretty durable and strong enough to pull your truck out of the sand.

Your pic illustrates really well how the Hunter bull bar is design and how it attaches to the truck. It's basically a flat plate extension where you attach to the truck right? Seems like a bolt and nut attachment? Yours is a flat plate, goes down, and then the 3" pipe.

I'm wondering if the Westin bull bars are the same way. Base on the pics i've seen, the Westin doesn't show that flat plate as much. But I could be wrong though....

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Yeah, almost 7 1/2'
Bill - I guess 6inch lift would be too much for me. I often park in a garage with 7ft limit, and I got some mudding tires that are 35x12.5 (like yours).

Do you have any close up pics of the bull bar where it attaches to the truck? I want to see how it's setup. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
37,152 Posts
Bill - I guess 6inch lift would be too much for me. I often park in a garage with 7ft limit, and I got some mudding tires that are 35x12.5 (like yours).

Do you have any close up pics of the bull bar where it attaches to the truck? I want to see how it's setup. Thanks!
Not right now, but I can take some...there are literally just two tabs that go into the tow hook holes in the fender and use the same bolt locations that the tow hooks did. Nothing to it really.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Not right now, but I can take some...there are literally just two tabs that go into the tow hook holes in the fender and use the same bolt locations that the tow hooks did. Nothing to it really.
Yeah, please take a pic for me. I want to see how far out the tabs stick out from the bumper. It's pretty obvious on the Hunter bull bar. But I've always thought the Westin didn't show. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Nice truck! So you are the owner to that truck! I actually googled "westin bull bar titan" and it was one of the first pics that came up. What are those lights in the front for? Are you a cop or something?
thanks brotha lotta work and hrs into her but overall i love the look of how everything came out...headlight mod and im all set on blackin her out. not a cop yet but i am a firefighter/emt

1 - 20 of 74 Posts