Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought a 2005 Titan and have a whole mess of issues to deal with now.
Automotive tire Light Motor vehicle Rim Gas

I replaced the hose clamps just in case, but what’s this look like to you all? It just looks like a breather coming from the intake manifold to me but if I should be doing anything differently, please let me know.

·
Registered
2004 Titan SE 4x4 Big Tow
113 Posts
Looks like you have a lot of crankcase pressure on that side.

Some of the PCV system is built into the valve covers. If your truck has a lot of miles or leaky valve covers it would be worth replacing the covers and the PCV valves to ensure optimal operation.

You could also just go with an oil catch can.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
219 Posts
It looks like your oil is coming out here. Change pcv valves and/or valve coveres (valve covers come with new pcv valves). That should reduce the amount of oil going through. check the nipple and hose to see if its cracked or broken to cause the leak. If you add an oil catch can that will further reduce the amount of oil going through that location.
Plant Automotive tire Yellow Bicycle part Terrestrial plant

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
If you add an oil catch can that will further reduce the amount of oil going through that location.
Thank you, Scrapper! Is there a specific oil catch can that folks on here recommend? I don't mind emptying a catch can when doing an oil change. I guess it goes between the PVC valve and the intake manifold?

·
Registered
219 Posts
Thank you, Scrapper! Is there a specific oil catch can that folks on here recommend? I don't mind emptying a catch can when doing an oil change. I guess it goes between the PVC valve and the intake manifold?
It doesn't really matter the brand, most are similar. Use good hose for the install. Here are mine:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts