Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay what I’m wondering is what is the differences between a 2008 SE CC 2wd and a 2011 SL CC 4wd other then the fact that one is SE 2wd and the other is SL 4wd…. I love my 08 but it’s not 4wd which I wanted when I got it but they didn’t have any black 4wd with charcoal interior so I just got a 2wd…. My main question is this have they really down anything for 2011 that will be any better than my 08 again I know the SL will have more gadgets (ie dual climate control, leather, wood grain, 20’s, bed liner) in it so that’s not what I mean either… I guess what I’m really asking is there any big differences between say a 08 LE 4wd to 2011 SL 4wd other than the badge…… Sorry if I’m not making much since and or driving you nuts with what feels like repeated questions but I’m trying to make up my mind here cause I found a brand new 2011 Smoke SL 4wd with everything you can get other than nav for $35,000 out the door….. :eyebrow: Thanks guys

·
Registered
6,373 Posts
No significant changes that I'm aware of. Wait until the next generation comes out for MY 2014. Hold onto your cash or do a Mod or two instead.

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No significant changes that I'm aware of. Wait until the next generation comes out for MY 2014. Hold onto your cash or do a Mod or two instead.
I've really thought about it that way too but I will still be without 4wd and trust me over the last two weeks I've been kicking the crap out of myself for not buying the 4wd one... We have 52" snow drifts and we aren't used to that here... lol

·
Registered
233 Posts
Just bought a 2009 LE 4x4 with all the extras you mentioned and I too thought about waiting till 2014 but look at it this way... Arent the 2008+ alot better reliablity wise than the 2004s? Wait till the 2014s get all the bugs out in 2018 or so and then I too will be ready for a new truck.

·
Registered
221 Posts
You sound like you have already made your mind up. From a financial standpoint should you really go buy a truck based on a fluke year of storms? If a 2 wheel drive truck is the norm than it sounds like you are not the only one. Take $500 cash out of your account and go get some junk rims (2) and some kick *** snow tires with studds and deep lugs. Then take $270 and spend it on you and your wife for dinnner if your married. :D

Now if you are saying why so much on dinner, where I live the total770 in cash is what I spent on the registration alone.

You already have a nice truck so why start all over so soon :shrug: Not to mention that is 6K more than I got my 2010 for :eek: and do not see that much more value..

Good luck :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You sound like you have already made your mind up. From a financial standpoint should you really go buy a truck based on a fluke year of storms? If a 2 wheel drive truck is the norm than it sounds like you are not the only one. Take $500 cash out of your account and go get some junk rims (2) and some kick *** snow tires with studds and deep lugs. Then take $270 and spend it on you and your wife for dinnner if your married. :D

Now if you are saying why so much on dinner, where I live the total770 in cash is what I spent on the registration alone.

You already have a nice truck so why start all over so soon :shrug: Not to mention that is 6K more than I got my 2010 for :eek: and do not see that much more value..

Good luck :thumbsup:
I agree and my wife would really like the dinner idea... lol It's not so much of a fluke as we get snow (or ice normally) every year just not as bad as it is right now and last year at Christmas but I wanted the 4wd from the get go but just didn't want to wait a 2-3 weeks till they could get me in a 4wd one at the dealer... I'm not big on waiting for anything plus that lets my wife think about it more if I wait... lmao I do know that my truck did okay on it last year when we got slammed on Christmas eve but I waited two days before I went anywhere plus my tires were much better too plus I have a pretty steep driveway and could somewhat make it up it but not this year…. See pic and keep in mind I was coming from the right of the pic and slid in like that… LOL

Attachments

·
Registered
6,373 Posts
So really, the concern is traction in snow. Thats a whole different avenue. 4WD seems to always bring it's own risk. And Braking is no better. Get Rims and Tires, and see how that is... it only equates to a couple truck payments, not 60 or 72!

·
Registered
221 Posts
I bet a couple of 70lb sand bags and great tires you would be surprised. Its tuff for me to push the 2 wheel drive too much, where I live they do not work very well.

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
just the badges and the tow hitches, thats all I think are changed; instead of buying some 35,000 titan, buy a used AWD car like a subaru or something like that, it might help on the wallet

·
Registered
9,557 Posts
Okay what I’m wondering is what is the differences between a 2008 SE CC 2wd and a 2011 SL CC 4wd other then the fact that one is SE 2wd and the other is SL 4wd…. I love my 08 but it’s not 4wd which I wanted when I got it but they didn’t have any black 4wd with charcoal interior so I just got a 2wd…. My main question is this have they really down anything for 2011 that will be any better than my 08 again I know the SL will have more gadgets (ie dual climate control, leather, wood grain, 20’s, bed liner) in it so that’s not what I mean either… I guess what I’m really asking is there any big differences between say a 08 LE 4wd to 2011 SL 4wd other than the badge…… Sorry if I’m not making much since and or driving you nuts with what feels like repeated questions but I’m trying to make up my mind here cause I found a brand new 2011 Smoke SL 4wd with everything you can get other than nav for $35,000 out the door….. :eyebrow: Thanks guys
The only difference is that the new hitches seem t be crap...otherwise they're the same with just different packages and model names. Don't be a fool though, go for the 4WD!!!!! You'll NEVER get a 2WD to do what a 4WD will...never. And if you live in a snowy area, you'd be nuts not to get 4WD. You'll save squat and will always wish you had it...even if you only use it a few times. WELL worth the price of admission!

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The only difference is that the new hitches seem t be crap...otherwise they're the same with just different packages and model names. Don't be a fool though, go for the 4WD!!!!! You'll NEVER get a 2WD to do what a 4WD will...never. And if you live in a snowy area, you'd be nuts not to get 4WD. You'll save squat and will always wish you had it...even if you only use it a few times. WELL worth the price of admission!
That's more or less what I was thinking too, it's not just the snow we get a lot of rain in the spring/summer and it would be nice to be able to go down a dirt road without my butt clenched... lol :teeth:

·
Registered
9,557 Posts
That's more or less what I was thinking too, it's not just the snow we get a lot of rain in the spring/summer and it would be nice to be able to go down a dirt road without my butt clenched... lol :teeth:
EXACTLY!!!!! See?.....there are a few who get it! lol. There's NOTHING more comforting in bad weather than seeing that 4WD knob on the dash! Do not settle for 2WD!!!

·
Registered
989 Posts
There are a few things different in 2011. There is no election fan for the transmission cooler/ air conditioning anymore, the hitch is garbage, and there doesn't seem to be a 37 gallon option on the long beds. Other than that, pretty much the same.

If I lived somewhere where I got snow on a yearly basis, I would definitely, no questions asked, get a 4wd truck even if that meant waiting for it to be delivered. That's about all I can tell you about that since the most driving in the snow I've done is through a few inches of fresh powder to and from a gas station a few miles down a country road in NM. Basically, zero experience. Good luck!

·
Registered
313 Posts
What happened with the hitches?

·
Registered
6,823 Posts
We had over 50" of snow for 4 years in a row (a new Chicago record), and my 4x2 handled all four years without a hiccup. Now here's the kicker that 80% of the members hate to hear. All 4 years were with the hated Goodyear SRA's. I'm on my second set of Goodyear SRA tires and have no wet/dry/ice/snow complaints with them.

·
Registered
989 Posts
We had over 50" of snow for 4 years in a row (a new Chicago record), and my 4x2 handled all four years without a hiccup. Now here's the kicker that 80% of the members hate to hear. All 4 years were with the hated Goodyear SRA's. I'm on my second set of Goodyear SRA tires and have no wet/dry/ice/snow complaints with them.
You must have gotten the super awesome sets of SRA tires. I thought they were scary in the rain when they were brand new! My Toyo H/T's with 4/32's left did way better IMO. Anyways, that's good to hear that a 2wd can do well in the snow with normal all-season tires.

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
The SRA's aren't bad as long as you don't plan on having them long... My truck has 29,879 miles on it as of this morning and my SRA's have been junk for about the last 6,000 miles...

So why did they do away with the fan on the trans cooler? That makes no since to me at all since most people that don't have them add them after market...

·
Registered
827 Posts
Funny thing? I don't think so. We just had our first decent snow down here in Texas since I bought the T, and the SRAs did fine in the snow. I only lost traction when I wanted to (I am 4x4 though:) ).

That said, ever since the first time it rained after I bought this truck I have wanted to get rid of these tires. I feel like wet traction could be so much better. Living in east Texas, wet traction is much more important to me than snow traction. We may not get as much rain as some parts of the country, but 30+ inches per year means it rains enough for me to worry about having to drive in it on a regular basis. I feel the SRAs just are not good enough.

They did do pretty good in the snow though.

Oh, to answer the original question... Nothing has changed mechanically, except you want a 4x4.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts