Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a 04 LE KC 4x4 w/ Off-Road package. After about 135k miles my front suspension has started making a fart noise over major bumps (the 10 huge speed humps in my neighborhood). Am I safe to assume that I need new shocks? If yes, what model/spec Ranchos came with the truck? Is this a pretty simple bolt off/bolt on install? Any other shocks people have used with otherwise stock suspension that they would recommend over the Ranchos?Thanks in advance for your help.

Ashley (male)

·
Registered
34,397 Posts
If you got 135K out of your stock shocks, you did better than almost anybody on this forum!! Those stockers are probably done and have been for awhile.

You can order a set from PRG Products and install them yourself, but you will need somebody to swap the coil springs for you or you can order a predone set and send your old ones back to Greg. Fairly simple install once the springs are taken care of.

I would not suggest putting the OEM ranchos back on it. The bilsteins are pretty cheap and a much better shock!!

Also, if your rears have that many miles on them, they need replaced also!!

·
Registered
390 Posts
There are a number of places where you can get 'buy 3, get one free' on the Bilsteins...that is, until the end of this month (that's TOMORROW!).

Search the web, you'll find lots of options.

- Brian

·
Banned
27,783 Posts
To answer the title of your thread.....

"Crap"

Shockwarehouse.com

They have good prices, and you can get a discount. Look for they're ad on here.

Ben (Metro Sexual)

:rofl:

Reactions: yscty

·
Banned
27,783 Posts
Wow!!!

Long time listener, first time caller!!

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
isn't metro sexual kinda like :gay: :confused:

·
Banned
27,783 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I guess I was always scared that if I did start a thread it would end up in a discussion on Metrosexuals...

Thanks for the info, I think i'll go with the Bilsteins.

·
Registered
34,397 Posts
I guess I was always scared that if I did start a thread it would end up in a discussion on Metrosexuals...

Thanks for the info, I think i'll go with the Bilsteins.
:lol: They were just pokin phone at how you signed.

·
Banned
27,783 Posts
Reactions: 1 person

·
Premium Member
92,554 Posts
Has anyone seen my melon? :banasex0r

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.