Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys....

I'm buying new tires and I'm not sure what size to go with. I have searched this forum and others and it just makes me more confused.

Truck is an 05 SE Crew 4x4. No leveling kit, stock 18inch wheels. Stock tire size is 265/70/18. I only tow minimally, and it's a small boat (probably like 400lbs at the most). No offroading.

I've narrowed it down to the Hankook Dyanpro Rf10s and the Nitto Terra Grapplers.

So, what other sizes can I get without rubbing issues or having to modify anything?

Thanks!

·
Registered
989 Posts
Of course you can run a stock size 265/70/18 (32.6" tall, 10.5" wide), but you might also be able to fit a 275/70/18 (33.2" tall, 10.8" wide). A lot of people like the 285/65/18 (32.6" tall, 11.2" wide). I have heard of a few members who said you can fit a 325/60/18 (33.3" tall, 12.8" wide), but its a pretty wide tire for the stock rims. Those are the only sizes that I can think of that are stock size or larger that will most likely fit a stock height truck.

·
Registered
107 Posts
I've got the Dynapro's and they are great. I will have to check the size again, but it is one step up from stock and they are great. excellent traction in all weather and low to no road noise

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
I ended up going with the Hankook Dynapro RF10's, in stock size.

For those who end up finding this thread looking for tire suggestions, I highly recommend the Hankooks. They are the best tire I have ever had on a vehicle.

Excellent wet traction....I really have to try to get the truck to slide in wet-road conditions. Before these, I had Cooper Discoverer tires...and they sucked...they wore poorly and the traction was a joke. In wet weather, I always slid, accelerating from a stop or around turns. It didn't take much.

Haven't had them long enough to comment on the wear. Low road noise- at least no more than I had with the coopers or the stock wranglers.

So the Hankooks are it for me. Plus they look cool too. Got them from Discount Tire online, for around $640, shipped. I'm very satisfied.

Thanks for the help!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts