Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4,587 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, I have been thinkin bout the DRs but they are a bit too expensive... right now... I got the 2.5 blocks in the front and the 1.5 blocks in the back (all stock shocks)... The ride is ok but pretty stiff... I want to eventually get the 4" spindle lift but in the mean time I wanna get some new shocks for the front that will work with the spindle lift later to get me 6-6.5 inches of lift and a way nicer smoother ride compared to what I got now and compared to stock... I got a loaner truck this weekend and had forgot how the stock suspension was pretty smooth... my chick and my mom commented and made me think bout upgrading already... any suggestions??

·
Registered
6,182 Posts
PRG has the 2" Radflo, that are less expensive than the DRs (2.5" body). Think they are around $699. Like the DRs, they will level a stock Titan to 2.5" on a 2wd or 2" on a 4x4. With the 2wd spindles 6.5", maybe more with an aftermarket A-arm like the new one PRG designed.

·
Registered
3,363 Posts
Just save up your money and get what youw ant and use the "less than new ride" as an excuse to get the lift you really want :)

Since I can't afford the 6" I'm going witht he 4" Way cheaper plus I can keep my 33's without looking retarded. and a Fraction of the cost...

But if your set on 6" I would just save up and get what you want... If you have to replace what you have get some get some billsteins, should be enough to tide you over and alot cheaper so you can save the extra money towards your 6" without wasting it.

·
Registered
4,587 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Justintoxicated said:
Just save up your money and get what youw ant and use the "less than new ride" as an excuse to get the lift you really want :)

Since I can't afford the 6" I'm going witht he 4" Way cheaper plus I can keep my 33's without looking retarded. and a Fraction of the cost...

But if your set on 6" I would just save up and get what you want... If you have to replace what you have get some get some billsteins, should be enough to tide you over and alot cheaper so you can save the extra money towards your 6" without wasting it.

Are the RADFLOs good and do they ride nice? Im not looking for anything real offroad-ish but for on road to be REAL smooth and nice like on potholes and lil stuff... How do they compare to the DRs?

Also I will be gettin billsteins when I get the spindle package... but for now I wanna take care of the front... So looking for coil overs that wil also work WHEN I get the spindle lift...

With the radflos itll lift me the 2 inches WITHOUT the blocks right? And is that pushing the shocks? or is that at the level theyre supposed to be at? Cuz I know the DRs u can raise em higher but then u lose like a bit of smoothness no?

·
Supporting Vendor (Gold)
1,897 Posts
Since you have a 2wd you can get up to about 3.5-4" of lift with the small Radflos cranked up. 3" on a 2wd is easy though. These will work perfectly with the spindles too.

·
Registered
4,587 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
PrerunnerGreg said:
Since you have a 2wd you can get up to about 3.5-4" of lift with the small Radflos cranked up. 3" on a 2wd is easy though. These will work perfectly with the spindles too.

Are these hard to install or can a good DIY'er do it easily? Also, hows ride quality compared to the DRs or stock?? Real nice real smooth?? Will on-road driving be excellent? And also u say u can get 2 -4 inches of lift on these so at 2.5 inches will they still be riding real nice and at full potential? Do they got any type of warranty? Ive never bought aftermarket shocks and never even had a truck I did stuff to till this one. BUT the reason I ask is if I spend a good chunck of cash on em I want em to last, know what I mean?

·
Registered
3,410 Posts
Coilover install is very easy. 1 bolt on the bottom, 3 on the top.\

Stock rides like crap, all quality rebuildable shocks like SAW, RF, DR etc will ride worlds better than stock on and off road.

The shocks will outlast the truck, they are fully rebuildable.

·
Registered
3,363 Posts
pi3yeargrad said:
Are these hard to install or can a good DIY'er do it easily? Also, hows ride quality compared to the DRs or stock?? Real nice real smooth?? Will on-road driving be excellent? And also u say u can get 2 -4 inches of lift on these so at 2.5 inches will they still be riding real nice and at full potential? Do they got any type of warranty? Ive never bought aftermarket shocks and never even had a truck I did stuff to till this one. BUT the reason I ask is if I spend a good chunck of cash on em I want em to last, know what I mean?
Last I heard the DR's rode the best on the road, but best person to ask would be Greg.

·
Registered
6,373 Posts
[ got a loaner truck this weekend and had forgot how the stock suspension was pretty smooth... my chick and my mom commented and made me think bout upgrading already... any suggestions??/QUOTE]

Why would your truck ride so different from stock when all you did was add spacers for lift? You didn't change springs or shocks...

·
Registered
3,410 Posts
loufish said:
Why would your truck ride so different from stock when all you did was add spacers for lift? You didn't change springs or shocks...
Changing the ride height with a spacer will give you more bump and less droop travel.

·
Registered
4,587 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
kartman said:
Changing the ride height with a spacer will give you more bump and less droop travel.

ye especially in the rear... theyre stock shocks and its recommended to do 1" in the back and I did 1.5... I dont take bumps like a mad man or anything so I knew they would still last which they have but my ride is way stiffer... and u can feel the difference

·
Registered
305 Posts
PrerunnerGreg said:
How high can you crank it up to on a 4wd?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts