Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5,251 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i know the big ones are used to tie stuff down, but i have 4 square pieces that are about 1.25" across. they have a small screw on the end and i cant figure out what they do.

·
Registered
2,408 Posts
They are locks. If you put them at the end of the rails, you cant slide utilitrack accessories out of the truck without taking them off first. They dont really work with the cleats since you can just twist those off, but for stuff like the bed extender brackets, with the locks, you cant slide them off.

·
Banned
473 Posts
i use them to keep my truckbox from sliding forward so i didnt have to drill it into the bedrails or use the clamps it came with to secure it. makes it real easy to take in and out when i need more room. (just an idea, im sure people use them for tons of other stuff)

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
i use them to keep my truckbox from sliding forward so i didnt have to drill it into the bedrails or use the clamps it came with to secure it. makes it real easy to take in and out when i need more room. (just an idea, im sure people use them for tons of other stuff)
if it's the OEM box, there was no drilling needed. and the brackets it came with are very easy to use, no tools required if you wanna move your box after you install them.

·
Banned
473 Posts
if it's the OEM box, there was no drilling needed. and the brackets it came with are very easy to use, no tools required if you wanna move your box after you install them.
Husky box from home depot. It had j brackets so no drilling required, but its quicker to get the box out by using these stops. Its not uncommon for me to have to take it out a few times a week for large lumber loads.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Donson - any idea what box it is that you have? Any pics of it mounted?

Thanks,
Steve

·
Banned
473 Posts
Donson - any idea what box it is that you have? Any pics of it mounted?

Thanks,
Steve

Its the black husky box from home depot. $269 and i had a $25 off a $250 purchase coupon, so $244 and we don't have sales tax here (delaware) :)

Husky Full-Size Deepwell Cross-Bed Truck Box - HSKALF591BK at The Home Depot

Its a good box for the price, and a perfect fit with the utilitrac system. It fits snugly with hardly any play. You can kind of see one of the stops im using in the corner. It angles perfectly into a notch on the box. Its sitting on my tonneau cover rail right now so its an inch high and makes it a little tough to see dinky little cars tailgating me if i dont have the tailgate down. Might go with a low profile one day, but for now I carry too many tools around not to have the extra room.

I dont have a good pic, and i had to shrink this one down due to the size limits. If you need a better or detailed one PM me your email and i snap with phone and send.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts