Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was thinking about getting the overhead rack and dreading having to drill holes to fish the 3rd brake light harness down to the passenger side brake light harness (as listed in the instructions). I went out to look and just noticed these holes in my bed on both sides.

What do you think?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
69,157 Posts
The holes might be for ventilation, :dunno: maybe to let a little air into a tight area?

·
Super Moderator
93,467 Posts
They may have missed installing the plugs?

·
Registered
855 Posts
its for washing out the bed. in Canada salt from the roads gets inside the wheel wells and then u get rust. every few weeks i take the hose and wash the wheel wells out to prevent rust. thats what the holes are there for.

·
Premium Member
69,157 Posts
Mine are open...

·
Premium Member
17,446 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
I also have a 2010 Titan LE and asked the same question last week. I called three dealerships who all tell me that all 2010 Titans have the holes. But, it appears that previous years have plugs. Anyone know the part number?

·
Premium Member
17,446 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
I went to three dealerships and they don't list the plugs for the 2010. They do have plugs listed for the previous years, but they are $10.88 a piece. So, I went to Home Depot and found the following three rubber plugs (you need two sets) that fit nicely and only cost me $6.28 versus $60+

9/16 X 3/8
11/16 X 1/2
1 1/16 X 7/8

They are in the specialty screw/nut drawers at my Home Depot.

·
Registered
263 Posts
I went to three dealerships and they don't list the plugs for the 2010. They do have plugs listed for the previous years, but they are $10.88 a piece. So, I went to Home Depot and found the following three rubber plugs (you need two sets) that fit nicely and only cost me $6.28 versus $60+

9/16 X 3/8
11/16 X 1/2
1 1/16 X 7/8

They are in the specialty screw/nut drawers at my Home Depot.
Any chance you could post a photo with your plugs?

·
Registered
6,370 Posts
The Holes could be for an accessory that was never fully developed; or more than likely, it could be for ease of manufacturing and not of any advantage for the consumer. The Plugs are an unnecessary cost, thus easily dropped from Mfg cost. A common occurrence for years. My 1987 Dodge Omni (VW Designed) had a place for 5 screws to hold the rear interior deck, but they only used 3. They had just had a major frugality move at Chrysler. It worked, they saved thousands of screws!

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
Duct tape.

·
Registered
135 Posts
In a previous message, I found rubber plugs at home depot that fit the holes. Here are the pictures of the plugs. I plan on pushing them in flush and spraying bedliner on them once it warms up. The six plugs cost me $6.28 which was a lot less than the $60 bucks Nissan wanted.

Attachments

1 - 15 of 15 Posts