Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,763 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The day I picked up my Titan I found a box under the driver seat that contained 4 small square metal brackets and a long piece of metal with a square hole at one end. This box is also where the cleats were stored.

They look like the same type of brackets on the tie down cleats, but they already had them installed and were on the rails in the back.

Any idea what they are for? Maybe extras in case the original ones break which would really make me worry that they could actually break.

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
rrumaner said:
The day I picked up my Titan I found a box under the driver seat that contained 4 small square metal brackets and a long piece of metal with a square hole at one end. This box is also where the cleats were stored.

They look like the same type of brackets on the tie down cleats, but they already had them installed and were on the rails in the back.

Any idea what they are for? Maybe extras in case the original ones break which would really make me worry that they could actually break.
probably an extra seems that some people are getting extras the other thing is the tool for the utilitrac bolts

·
Registered
473 Posts
the long piece of metal is the wrench.

the 4 blocks are "locks" to help prevent theft of your Utilitrac installed parts.

·
Premium Member
2,763 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Doghouse said:
the long piece of metal is the wrench.

the 4 blocks are "locks" to help prevent theft of your Utilitrac installed parts.

So I replace the large "handles" with the small blocks to prevent them from being stolen? Interesting......

·
Registered
473 Posts
the blocks, should have a bolt through them and a "t-nut" on the back.

The blocks go on the ends of the track on the sides. The cleats can be removed with the blocks there if you know what you are doing, but items like the sliding bed divider cannot be removed without the wrench.

If you just have 4 hunks of aluminum, you need to have the dealer replace them. There was an instruction manual with the cleats in the box behind the seat. If the dealer installed the cleats w/o reading the manual, then it is his problem!

·
Registered
2,509 Posts
rrumaner said:

Another good use of those blocks might be to give them to installers of Aftermarket covers or other stuff that you want to install in the bed.

·
Premium Member
2,763 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Doghouse said:
the blocks, should have a bolt through them and a "t-nut" on the back.

The blocks go on the ends of the track on the sides. The cleats can be removed with the blocks there if you know what you are doing, but items like the sliding bed divider cannot be removed without the wrench.

If you just have 4 hunks of aluminum, you need to have the dealer replace them. There was an instruction manual with the cleats in the box behind the seat. If the dealer installed the cleats w/o reading the manual, then it is his problem!

No instruction manual but the cleats seem to be attached correctly and the blocks seem to be a complete unit. I will see if they work on the ends of the tracks and go from there. Thanks for the info.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts