Nissan Titan Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2021, Nissan Titan Pro-4X in Red Alert
19 Posts
I'm in Colorado. Front Range. I also had a good trade-in. A Frontier with low miles.
I wish I could go back to the fall of 2019 when I spent a week out there. Rented a Slingshot and drove up Pike's Peak, Garden of the Gods, etc. Saw bigfoot.

·
Registered
4 Posts
https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/detail/830792086/overview/ Even if you pay $1500 to have it shipped to you, or pay a buddy $300 to drive you to the dealership, if you save a few thousand, it seems worth the drive. I drove 15 hours to save $10,000 on a car.
Just to give you a heads up, I live in GA and when I went to test drive here a similar truck, they added about $7000+ in extra fees bringing up the price quite a bit, it was about $51,000 OTD

Now I wasn't really gonna buy after the test drive but I was interested in seeing their price offer, I didn't really negotiate their price so it's possible they would have taken the bs fees out, I just know they will add them right off the bat.

·
Registered
2020 Titan Pro-4X 2006 Titan SE (sold) Chevy SS Sedan
334 Posts
Just to give you a heads up, I live in GA and when I went to test drive here a similar truck, they added about $7000+ in extra fees bringing up the price quite a bit, it was about $51,000 OTD

Now I wasn't really gonna buy after the test drive but I was interested in seeing their price offer, I didn't really negotiate their price so it's possible they would have taken the bs fees out, I just know they will add them right off the bat.
That's why you don't step foot in the dealership until they give you an OTD price. You email that OTD price to your nearest dealer and say, "Hey I found this truck at this price. If you can match this price then I'm interested in it. Please send me the price in writing." They will try to insist that you go into their dealership, or will try to insist that the price quoted by the other dealership is BS, but you tell them that if they can't match the price that you'll go to the other dealership. Oh, and it helps if you have the financing already planned out or the cash on hand. But, at 0% interest, I wouldn't pay cash. It's also fun to watch dealerships call each other out when they're trying to win your business.

·
Registered
4 Posts
That's why you don't step foot in the dealership until they give you an OTD price. You email that OTD price to your nearest dealer and say, "Hey I found this truck at this price. If you can match this price then I'm interested in it. Please send me the price in writing." They will try to insist that you go into their dealership, or will try to insist that the price quoted by the other dealership is BS, but you tell them that if they can't match the price that you'll go to the other dealership. Oh, and it helps if you have the financing already planned out or the cash on hand. But, at 0% interest, I wouldn't pay cash. It's also fun to watch dealerships call each other out when they're trying to win your business.
I agree, and if someone is thinking of flying in to GA for a good deal then I suggest they do the same through email before stepping a foot into their doors.

In my case I have been really curious about the refreshed Titan since I will be buying a full size soon(Either Titan or new/old Tundra) so wanted to test one out and was simply curious to see if their offer would be close to the advertised price.

·
Registered
334 Posts
I agree, and if someone is thinking of flying in to GA for a good deal then I suggest they do the same through email before stepping a foot into their doors.

In my case I have been really curious about the refreshed Titan since I will be buying a full size soon(Either Titan or new/old Tundra) so wanted to test one out and was simply curious to see if their offer would be close to the advertised price.
I advise you to wait for the new Tundras to come out as once they hit the showroom floors, you should be able to pick up an older model for pennies on the dollar. 2022 Toyota Tundra: What We Know About the All-New One

One of my reasons for buying a Titan is that the design was relatively new and was a few years into the build so I wouldn't have to worry about any new model bugs. One thing to remember about the Tundra, your depreciation is going to be crazy considering that you're buying an older model so if you get one, make sure it's a fantastic deal and that you're going to keep it for the long haul.

·
Registered
334 Posts

Oh and then there will be this...

Say goodbye to the Tundra's V-8 engines, because Toyota's big pickup will reportedly enter the world with a V-6-only powertrain lineup. Look for higher-end Tundra variants to utilize a variant of the 416-hp 3.4-liter unit found under the hood of the Lexus LS500. Lesser Tundras will likely employ the naturally aspirated 278-hp 3.5-liter V-6 engine of the Tacoma (possibly massaged to produce more than 300 horses).

21 - 29 of 29 Posts